PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein translation needed... Part #'s & Testimonials

AWD_Dan
02-27-2005, 08:49 AM
I want more efficient handling. I see the Koni's, adjustible is always nice. However, the offerings from Bilstein show a 'B361856' (aka 202-320-11-30) says STANDARD/HD, and then a 'B361854' as a SPORT setting shock. Bilstein, IMO, is a far superior shock absorber, so I'd like a sportier setting from them. Does anyone know what Bilstein's were standard on the AMG models? (C36) I'd hate to fork down 3-4 bills on shocks and get the same response I'm getting now... (not a bad thing, I just like the twisties) My car was equipped with springs when I bought it. Not sure which ones. But I think I am going for the Eibach sway bar kit first, as that should make cornering more effortless without sacraficing ride quality.

Sway bars are my friend :D

Any thoughts?

J Irwan
02-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by AWD_Dan
I want more efficient handling. I see the Koni's, adjustible is always nice. However, the offerings from Bilstein show a 'B361856' (aka 202-320-11-30) says STANDARD/HD, and then a 'B361854' as a SPORT setting shock. Bilstein, IMO, is a far superior shock absorber, so I'd like a sportier setting from them. Does anyone know what Bilstein's were standard on the AMG models? (C36) I'd hate to fork down 3-4 bills on shocks and get the same response I'm getting now... (not a bad thing, I just like the twisties) My car was equipped with springs when I bought it. Not sure which ones. But I think I am going for the Eibach sway bar kit first, as that should make cornering more effortless without sacraficing ride quality.

Sway bars are my friend :D

Any thoughts?

Dan,

Bilstein HD (Heavy Duty is a replacement for OEM shock),
Bilstein Sport is for lowered car.

I am not sure which one is AMG equipped bilstein. But my guess is Bilstein Sport. I have a chance to run AMG Bilstein with H&R lowering spring for about a year. It works out ok.

Just okay because I think it was valved for specific ride height. And when you lowered the car , the ride height has changed.

Therefor I decided to use Koni Yellow (adjustable) shock with my H&R.

Regardz,