PDA

View Full Version : Finally changed front pads to #1

Eurosport
06-22-2003, 05:21 AM
seems like it's been forever since i've lowered my car
but never bothered to check what pads i'm running.
well one day after looking at my car for awhile i decided to check
i had #3 front #2 back
so next week after parts arrived (they didn't have them in stock)
installed #1 pads front
might not be a huge difference but if you look at the car you can tell the front is lower now and looks much better.
While in the shop also changed my v pulley belt (old one had a few tiny cracks and thought might as well get it over with before it gives me a headache).

C280 JR
06-23-2003, 02:34 PM
did u put them on or did the shop do it for u and if they did, did they charge u for it

Elvir

Deepchord
06-23-2003, 06:39 PM
Eurosport,

yeah man same here. I have #1 pads front and rear with Eibachs.

It looks tight. I can't stand that shit when some cat with a 202 puts like #5 on the rear, #46 on the front (j/k) and they wonder
why their ride is taller than a G-Wagon or an M-Class..

* I have been tempted to cut a coil and get 225/35/19's,
instead of 235/35/19's due to a bit of rubbing I experiance
in the front and that IS with H&R wheel spacers. I don't like the rubbing to be honest, but with all the honeys that throw themselves on the hood of my car, I think it's worth it.

Life ain't nothing but Benz's and poon.

I wonder if I would be just adding fuel to the fire? But getting
skinnier tires up front might resolve the SLIGHT rubbing issue I have now.
Is there anything skinnier than a 225 in a 19?

Luwin1026
06-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Deepchord
Eurosport,

I can't stand that shit when some cat with a 202 puts like #5 on the rear, #46 on the front (j/k) and they wonder
why their ride is taller than a G-Wagon or an M-Class..

Life ain't nothing but Benz's and poon.

Is there anything skinnier than a 225 in a 19?

I am that cat. Got a problem with my car? :p

Life ain't nothing but . . . I beg to differ, but to each his own.

You can get 215s for 19's.

Deepchord
06-23-2003, 10:44 PM
Yeah I sure do have a problem with your car!
The problem is that yours looks sicker than mine!! :)

I wasn't trying to diss anyone's car, I was just going off
on some of the other boards I have been on where
no one knew what they were doing. This definately isn't
one of them.

Deepchord
06-23-2003, 10:48 PM
Luwin,

enlighten me bro. What is life than?

Ok, I take it back. What I meant to say was..

"Life ain't nothin but ICE and 19's" :)

Luwin1026
06-24-2003, 07:11 AM

"Life ain't nothin but ICE and 19's" :)

That's more like it. j/k :D

I respect your life outlook of Benzes and poon. It's just that if you're talking about cars as "life", I'd be hard pressed to say that life was about Benzes only - I would give my Benz up in a heartbeat if an F355 was waved in front of me, for example. :D As much as I love my Benz, in the end, it's just a car. :D

Post some pics of your car, man! :D Wanna see some fresh 202s!

Rocky
06-24-2003, 07:26 AM
Guilty here.

Running #2 pads up from and #3 out bacj. Want to move to a higher set of pads. The car sits too low for my taste.

Eibach springs and bilstein shocks.

As for the honey's throwing themselves at your benz..I wish that happened to me. hahaha...the girls up here drive nicer cars them most guys.

CKlasse
06-24-2003, 07:40 AM
Sigh... i am sitting in front of my benz lowed like mother! 3 inch gap from front bumper to ground... all tires tucked in. Hopefully my #3 pads arrive soon.

It looks nice, but that's about it. I mean the car is stuck in the garage! Too low to be pulled out off the ramp. :rolleyes:

nokia8860
06-24-2003, 07:52 AM
CKlasse:

Put some scrap would on the ramp it will help to get your car off the lift. That what I have to do everytime I bring my car in for some sort of repairs cuz the front bumper sits about the same height as yours from the ground.

It works. Just the scary part is the sideskirts when it hovers less that half an inche from the ramp as the car gets on or off it.

kameraguy
06-24-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Rocky

As for the honey's throwing themselves at your benz..I wish that happened to me. hahaha...the girls up here drive nicer cars them most guys.

:werd:

I'm trying to pimp hard in a '97, when all these chicks drive around in SLK32s and new CLK55s....

I need myself a SUGAH MOMA!!! :eek:

Rocky
06-24-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by kameraguy
:werd:

I'm trying to pimp hard in a '97, when all these chicks drive around in SLK32s and new CLK55s....

I need myself a SUGAH MOMA!!! :eek:

The funnie thing is that these 'chicks' have no idea what type of car they are driving. An SLK is an SLK to them..whether it be 230K or a 32. They just buy the most expensive benz just cause they can.

I have seen more moms and grandma's in AMG cars then Civics :p

Why? Cause it's the most expensive model in that line up.

hehehe

Renn 208
06-24-2003, 09:11 AM
The funnie thing is that these 'chicks' have no idea what type of car they are driving. An SLK is an SLK to them..whether it be 230K or a 32. They just buy the most expensive benz just cause they can.

I have seen more moms and grandma's in AMG cars then Civics :p

Why? Cause it's the most expensive model in that line up.

hehehe

I know a "chick" who most definitely knows that she drives an slk32 and what it's for...but for the most part your statement is true for both sexes.

There are plenty of guys out there who buy AMGs because they're the "best" in the lineup..and really what's wrong with that? Why would it be more valid for us to have an AMG vs. "them"?

Actually to take your sentiment further, I even saw a guy this past weekend with a 300SL gullwing who hardly knew what he had. He's had the car for quite some time now, but couldn't answer some pretty basic questions about the car. But, I'll tell you what he did know...that his particular gullwing was the best that money could buy. And he was right. Sure we can hate on stuff like that, but why?

Just rambling so pay no mind.

nokia8860
06-24-2003, 09:17 AM
And how does all this relate to #1 front pads again? :bandit:

Rocky
06-24-2003, 09:19 AM
I'm not hating..i'm just saying people don't really know what they are getting into when they just buy 'the top of the line'. hehe

Renn 208
06-24-2003, 09:21 AM
I'm not hating..i'm just saying people don't really know what they are getting into when they just buy 'the top of the line'. hehe

so true...i bet tons of them don't even take the time to make the "#2 or #1 pads all around?" decision

Rocky
06-24-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Renn 208
so true...i bet tons of them don't even take the time to make the "#2 or #1 pads all around?" decision

Unless it's that time of the month hahaha J/K :D :D :D

CKlasse
06-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
CKlasse:

Put some scrap would on the ramp it will help to get your car off the lift. That what I have to do everytime I bring my car in for some sort of repairs cuz the front bumper sits about the same height as yours from the ground.

It works. Just the scary part is the sideskirts when it hovers less that half an inche from the ramp as the car gets on or off it.

I did put triplexy boards and managed to pulled it off... another question for you, If i want to put the car on the lift, where do I put the lift arms - given that the skirts cover all possible spots. :)

nokia8860
06-24-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
I did put triplexy boards and managed to pulled it off... another question for you, If i want to put the car on the lift, where do I put the lift arms - given that the skirts cover all possible spots. :)

Your skirts cover the rubber nubs as well (they look like the ones on vw)?

CKlasse
06-24-2003, 04:48 PM
correct.. The Rieger Skirts extend 2 inch below the body line and they fold inward - hence render the nubs useless. So far, I manage alright since I extended the lift arms upto the benz' lower arms. This of course prevents me to work on the suspension. Is it back to ol' style hand jack? :confused: :confused: I would love to hear your experience. Thanks!

Deepchord
06-24-2003, 05:07 PM
The only kinds of pads chicks with new Benz's here in Denver are concerned with are the kinds with dryweave and wings!

Yeah if a chick is in a new Benz it's not like it's a Carlsson SL55
or the new 2005 SL600 with full on Kleeman mods. I would
say that "they" are in regular Joe bone stock C' and E's with
10 feet of wheel gap and 15 inch 85 series tires!

Nothing to worry about guys! If you aren't getting any poon I would say you need some ICE or you need to read "Schaltwerk's Guide To Getting Some Fresh Poon on a Weekly Basis in a Dropped W202" :)

nokia8860
06-24-2003, 08:25 PM
Cklasse: Why not cut the area around the rubber nubs off so you can place the lift on the lift points of the car.

Besides its underneath the car, unless you plan on showing the car and lifting it off the ground and putting mirrors underneath to showcase your chrome work.

714guy
06-24-2003, 08:43 PM
yeah those rieger skirts are a bitch to deal with when tryin to lift up up car, luckly i found c36 ones that make it a lot easier to deal with.

Anyways i usally didn't a have problem with the rieger skirts, i was just very careful it never did break or crack at all.

Eurosport
06-25-2003, 01:55 AM
lol funny thread :)

about going #1 or #2 all around i don't know my right rear still rubs on big dips in the road, not as much though as I "warm" up my tires often SO'3s are just wider seems like

CKlasse,
your car is too low?

CKlasse
06-25-2003, 09:13 AM
I ll post picture of it tonight... you guys be the judges.

CKlasse
06-30-2003, 05:36 PM
sorry for the delay... here is the picture...

http://members.aol.com/denvervw/cklasse2.jpg

http://members.aol.com/denvervw/cklasse3.jpg

pnsji
06-30-2003, 05:38 PM
CKlasse,

you need to lower your rear more now :D :D :D

CKlasse
06-30-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
CKlasse,

you need to lower your rear more now :D :D :D

Nuts!!

Deepchord
06-30-2003, 06:34 PM
Don't lower it anymore actually. Cklasse lives in Colorado and the streets here are horid here. Every which street is always being torn apart and being redone for god knows what reason all the time. If you lower it more in the rear it's gonna not look right
and you'll be hittin shit.

CKlasse
06-30-2003, 06:37 PM
Don't lower it anymore actually. Cklasse lives in Colorado and the streets here are horid here. Every which street is always being torn apart and being redone for god knows what reason all the time. If you lower it more in the rear it's gonna not look right
and you'll be hittin shit.

PS. who installed your body kit? I want to get the C42 body kit now.

He's just being a clown (whoa, first time I use that word). The car is too low, the picture says it all.

I with the help of my buddy installed it ourselves. :)

Deepchord
06-30-2003, 06:42 PM
I'm being a clown? For real. Dude you don't think the streets are always fucked up here? Been to T-Rex lately? How about downtown? what about back way to Thornton by Mile High Flea Market? Fort Collins, hey Castle Rock, etc, etc. Shall I go on?

Take a trip to South Cal. I was in Orange County lastmonth. Oh my gosh their highways are like butter, you can FLYYYY!

CKlasse
06-30-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm being a clown? For real. Dude you don't think the streets are always fucked up here? Been to T-Rex lately? How about downtown? what about back way to Thornton by Mile High Flea Market? Fort Collins, hey Castle Rock, etc, etc. Shall I go on?

Take a trip to South Cal. I was in Orange County lastmonth. Oh my gosh their highways are like butter, you can FLYYYY!

LMAO... no, not you, PNSJI was being a clown with he said I need to drop more. The whole conversation was about this car being too low. I need to raise it.. not drop it... :)

JRE320
07-01-2003, 12:42 AM
I got #2 pads all around and I guess I've been rubbing underneath but not the fenders or tires. It's that rubber nub where you put your jack. It's almost gone on both sides.
Are they replaceable and how? :( ;)

CKLASSE,
If PNSJI asking you to drop your rear some more then I'm suggesting that you raise your front some more.. :p :D ;)

pnsji
07-01-2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Nuts!!
:D :cool: