PDA

View Full Version : I desperately need assistance with...

mr. gatsbury
03-02-2005, 12:26 PM
a repair shop in my area. I live in South Jersey (Voorhees, Cherry Hill area) and I cannot find a shop to do repairs on my car. The shop I was taking it to will no longer accept my warranty. Now I have no were else to take it but the dealership. I don't wan't to pay astronimical fees for having it done there. My warranty requires I pay the bill in full and then they cut a check back to me 2 months later. How did you guys find the place you get your cars repaired at? Help please...

John

jnenad16
03-02-2005, 06:34 PM
what needs to be done on your car? maybe you can try do it yourself, or get one of your friends to help you out.

nenad

mr. gatsbury
03-02-2005, 11:23 PM
nenad,

I know. I wish there were some members out here on the east cost the were within reasonable traveling distance. I don't have any friends that are even remotely mechanically inclined. I don't know enough to do this stuff myself. There is a ticking comming from what appears to be the block. Not sure what it is but I can hear it at idle. I have a poping in the suspension, i think, when I apply the brakes or stop after I have just reversed. I have some brembo rotors to install. The suspension feels rough (ride quality) like something is loose or needs to be replaced. I get some slight vibrations at idle on and off (not sure what that is). That's pretty much it. I can't find a shop around here that is qualified and will accept my warranty. I have to pay upfront and my warranty company cuts me a check about 2 months later. I don't want to tie up a couple thousand for 2 months if I take it to the MB dealer. Not sure what to do...

John

faki00
03-03-2005, 04:22 AM
There is a shop that i go to in philly... He's pricey but he knows his shyte. His a german dude that does all the work himself. I don't know if you are willing to drive that far but I can give u his info if u want.

!!!!!NJ Drive
03-03-2005, 07:54 AM
you can try here, http://www.jsautohaus.com/ this is where i bought mine, got it serviced a couple of times theyre reasonable as dealers go....dont any more because its like 80 miles out the way & found a place 15miles away

mr. gatsbury
03-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by faki00
There is a shop that i go to in philly... He's pricey but he knows his shyte. His a german dude that does all the work himself. I don't know if you are willing to drive that far but I can give u his info if u want.

Faki00, yeah let me get the info. Is he just a pricey as a dealer? That's what I was trying to avoid, the dealers ruthless wallet pillaging.

Originally posted by !!!!!NJ Drive
you can try here, http://www.jsautohaus.com/ this is where i bought mine, got it serviced a couple of times theyre reasonable as dealers go....dont any more because its like 80 miles out the way & found a place 15miles away

NJdrive, thanks but if I'm going to take it to a dealer I might as well take it to the MB dealer. Plus that place is a good 1hr and 15 min drive.

This really blows that I can't find a local shop. I have everything I want, as far as stores and businesses go, near my house but I can't find a specialty shop in the area. I tried calling a few places today and no one wants to work on the benz or accept my warranty.

faki00
03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
His website is http://www.nazzensgermanfix.com. It has all the pertinent info. But i gotta warn he has a deep a$$ accent :p. It took me a while before I got used to it.

In terms of cost It depends what you want done. The first I went to him he lifted the car and did a daignosis for free :cool: I went back to see him again a couple of weeks later and had to leave my car overnight, it cost a pretty penny :angry:. ask for an estimate before hand. good luck.

sugrdaddey
03-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Go to Euro Experts on RT.70 in Cherry Hill. Ask for Randy. Those guys are pretty good. I wont voice my opinion about JSAutohaus..

mr. gatsbury
03-03-2005, 02:09 PM
thanks faki00 I'll give him a call tomorrow I used to have my mazda serviced by a german guy so I should be ok with the accent.

Sugrdaddey,

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout. Right near the house. I will stop by there tomorrow since it is so close. I'll ask for Randy. Who should I say sent me? Or I shouldn't?

Thanks,
John

Again, I would like to thank everyone who has tried to help me with this issue I truely appreciate all the assistance...

c280steve
03-04-2005, 07:25 AM
i live in cherry hill n im tryin to get my c280 up to par i live right near that place on 70, mayb we could do like a dual buy to get a discount my vw friends do that, i need some exhaust bad, i herd of this place called mkb im gonna see if i can get some info on them there sopposed to be a good tuner shop

sugrdaddey
03-04-2005, 09:34 AM
mention my dad's name, its Jerzy. its pronounced like the state. haha damn Polish names right? Their number is 1(856)4288100. the place is located right behind the McIntosh Inn (or something along those lines). there should be a little sign for it. if you can't find it or have any more q's about it, i can give you my celly. hope this helps.
adam

mr. gatsbury
03-05-2005, 09:11 PM
sugrdaddey,

I called him up yeasterday and I'm going to bring it over there Monday. I mentioned your dad and he said he was a good guy and he has known him for years. He also said they could handle any and everything for a w202. Thanks for the hook-up.

C280Steve,

Yeah man, I'm not ready to buy anything at the moment. I have the brembo rotors and the PBR pads still sitting here and I want to get all the little quirks out before I start buying goodies but I'd be up to ordering some parts in quantity to get cheaper goods for sure...

find out what stuff that tuner shop can get for us. you know if they can supply us with stuff that we'll actually want...

c280steve
03-08-2005, 08:24 AM
there names MB autoTECH there # 856 767 5100 i called them today and asked them some questions

mr. gatsbury
03-08-2005, 08:52 AM
nice, what did you find out?

sugrdaddey
03-16-2005, 11:53 AM
mr. gatsbury ,
how did it go? did they fix everything you had to have done?