PDA

View Full Version : Bought 1999 c280 as first car

mbLova
03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
hey you guys prob startin to see more of me. dad just bought me a used 1999 c280 in cashmere? or beige, with 56,200 miles on it. got a question, all i got with the car was the infrared key. am i supposed to get anything else with the vehicle? and ive noticed a when i drive a little "sporty" i feel a little tiny jerk round the 1-2, 2-3 mark, ive read around a little and read that it is normal to feel that when the car is first warming up, what bout later?

thanks for you help guys ill post pics up soon

p.s. i have an all black leather interior!

audiophile
03-02-2005, 04:05 PM
it's normal. in the morning make sure you let the cats warm up. you dont want those to go bad on you.:D

Cschilderink
03-02-2005, 06:06 PM
Ya thats normal its just how our cars shift I guess. I am in the same boat as you I am 16 almost 17 but I know what it is like to have a really nice and decently sporty car when you first start driving. My advice to you is be safe and dont start doin crazy stuff until you are experienced enough. I have had some REALLY REALLY close calls but no accidents or tickets... yet.

Drive safe man!

J Irwan
03-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by mbLova
hey you guys prob startin to see more of me. dad just bought me a used 1999 c280 in cashmere? or beige, with 56,200 miles on it. got a question, all i got with the car was the infrared key. am i supposed to get anything else with the vehicle? and ive noticed a when i drive a little "sporty" i feel a little tiny jerk round the 1-2, 2-3 mark, ive read around a little and read that it is normal to feel that when the car is first warming up, what bout later?

thanks for you help guys ill post pics up soon

p.s. i have an all black leather interior!

That's normal in the morning.

I usually let the car idle for at least 30-45 sec in the morning before driving it.

The tranmission also need to get warmed and the fluid recirculated as well. That explain why the shift a little harsh for the first 2 min after first-start in the morning.

But if it keep shifting harsh evn after the car warms up, then it definitely has some problem with the tranny. I had similar issue too. There is a delay between the shift and then the gear engaged abruptly (This is called "Flaring").

I brought the car to the dealer and got it diagnose turn out the "adaptation value" fro the clutch pack was way out of spec.

So they got me a brand new tranny unit.

Good luck :)

Regardz,

sleek_benzo
03-03-2005, 06:59 AM
congrats... i also have a 99 c280 sport..

its normal.. i get the same thing.. i usually let the car warm up for at least 3-5 minutes in the morning..

coolin
03-03-2005, 12:52 PM
First car...dude, a lesser known truth is that people LOVE it when jerks in expensive cars do jackass things...look at a rap video!

Oh, and BTW, a C280 will outrun all cop cars (and most helicopters...so drive however the hell you want.

mbLova
03-03-2005, 01:18 PM
acutally the cop cars have a 260 hp mustang gt engine in them, i was thinking about buying a used cop car(crown vic) for 10 grand (02) with 60k miles on it, nahh got the benz, and i dont need to outrun the cops cause i know most of them as i am on a (volunteer) first aid squad, and have badging on my car that says that!

i love having connections! ;)

coolin
03-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by mbLova
acutally the cop cars have a 260 hp mustang gt engine in them, i was thinking about buying a used cop car(crown vic) for 10 grand (02) with 60k miles on it, nahh got the benz, and i dont need to outrun the cops cause i know most of them as i am on a (volunteer) first aid squad, and have badging on my car that says that!

i love having connections! ;)

Those are imperial horsepower units...you forgot to make the conversion to metric.

c280steve
03-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by coolin
First car...dude, a lesser known truth is that people LOVE it when jerks in expensive cars do jackass things...look at a rap video!

Oh, and BTW, a C280 will outrun all cop cars (and most helicopters...so drive however the hell you want.

fuck yeaaaaaa!!!! I did three burn outs in my school parking lot and filled half of it up with smoke - cop gave me a reckless driving ticket - but fuck that i got a benz i do what i want

Cschilderink
03-09-2005, 12:01 PM
haha hell ya steve! Thats the way to do it my friend.

mbLova
03-09-2005, 12:11 PM
YEA STEVOOOOOO WWHOOOOOOOOO BURN BABY BURN WOOOOOO, yea some not cool kids were doin that in my parkin lot with their ls1's and mustang gt's and camero z28's and shoot, i dun wanna do that can i dun want something to go wrong with my car or nothing, i do have the worst tires ever. the dealer said he replaced the tires and guess what they are?!?!?!

caliente hr

never heard of them in my life. yo stevo, what part of jerz you live in??

sleek_benzo
03-09-2005, 02:09 PM
please be responsible.

c280steve
03-09-2005, 07:59 PM
cherry hill

mayagman
03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm 20 and this is my first 'real' car. Previously I had a Subaru RX that I drove for only about a year.
Theyre fine cars, and a joy to work on when I compare it to the things I had to do to fix my Japanese car. As reliable as Japanese cars may be, they are extremely difficult to tool around with.

Be responsible with this machine. You are not supposed to be driving this car, and neither am I. We should feel lucky to have such nice vehicles at this age, lol. Cops know this too, and when they pull you over, you WILL get hammered for it. In addition, if you dont know your limits with a rear-wheel drive vehicle, you had better spend some quality time in an empty, safe parking lot. I've been caught off guard on more than a few occasions by this cars tendency to rapidly let go of its rear grip. W202s have remarkable handling (although a little cushy), but if you push it too far, you might not realize it until youre pulling your teeth out of your steering wheel.

But good luck, happy motoring, and have fun driving the GREATEST CARS ON THE ROAD.

mbLova
03-10-2005, 04:27 PM
absolutly true. this car does have a tendency to let go of its grip, i found out when i was making a left and the road i was making a left out of was kinda slipperly, well i kinda fishtailed but the road i made a left onto was all dry so i regained traction, something to worry about....

yes, as an emt, i see very bad accidents, so please drive responsibly, i dont want to be extricating anybody from the drivers seat.

i was there in cherry hill only 1 month ago!!! damn i forget where, near some community college i think, but ive been visiting tcnj in ewing.. so if i drop by dude ill def give you a holler

mblova
1999 c280