PDA

View Full Version : side moldings

alboogiee
03-06-2005, 09:30 PM
okay, i have the non sport model, i know the sport models dont have the off color strip with chrome, they are body color, my car is a 99 black c230k, anyone have the number for the sport molding, if they even make them, or am i just better off wainting for a body kit and painting the whole thing??? thanks in advance ~alex

alboogiee
03-07-2005, 10:03 PM
anyone?? i know some of you want to get rid of that chrome crap and go one body color... COMEON! help a homie out!

martattack
03-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Cheapest way to do it is having them painted from what I've heard, but if you really want the numbers, let me know, I can get them.

alboogiee
03-07-2005, 10:33 PM
well i would like to have the black sport model ones, but i was thinkin about buying a can of black spray paint for like autozone, but i dont know how well it will adhear to chrome... would you mind throwing some part numbers?? thanks man!

714guy
03-07-2005, 10:51 PM
powerd coating is the way to go. fairly cheap < 50, its just a bitch to remove those chrome pieces.

Replace them with the sport model is goin to cost $$$. At at least 100 a pop and then paint, just no worth it.

alboogiee
03-07-2005, 11:10 PM
daym...thats what i thought... powder coating, what is that? it that like prof paint shop? or jus black spray paint at kragen?:D

714guy
03-07-2005, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by alboogiee
daym...thats what i thought... powder coating, what is that? it that like prof paint shop? or jus black spray paint at kragen?:D

Colored pigments that are electrically bonded to the metal, then is baked in an oven at 400 F. The pigments melt together.

Spray paint or paint wont last long on Chrome, the chrome has to be dechromed which will cost aobut the same as powder coating.

FreeStyler
03-08-2005, 05:55 AM
Hey 714, I heard you powdercoated your window trim pieces? Is this true? How did it turn out? If not does anyone know the part number for the sport version (rubber ones) of the window trims on the outside of the car? Mine have turned bronze.

714guy
03-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
Hey 714, I heard you powdercoated your window trim pieces? Is this true? How did it turn out? If not does anyone know the part number for the sport version (rubber ones) of the window trims on the outside of the car? Mine have turned bronze.

turned out perfect. check the other thread. i posted pictures on the pieces i powder coated.

Kswiss
03-09-2005, 07:57 PM
yeah powder coating is the way to go, 714guy's car came out real nice. How come the chrome pieces on the bumper were a bitch to take off?