PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Brembo Crossdrilled *CHEAP*

mr. gatsbury
03-10-2005, 12:33 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that I bought 4 brembo crossdrilled rotors and just had them installed. Only cost me a little over $200.00 US shipped and everything. They should really stand out when I put the 19's on this summer but for now atleast I won't have to worry about burning up my rotors so fast. Here's a pic

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/gatsbury/rotors.gif

If you guys are interested the company is http://stores.ebay.com/ETOP-LINE_W0QQssPageNameZl2QQtZkm it's an ebay store. The guy's name is Bessie. Atleast I assumed it was a guy. Good stuff. I was a little weary of the authenticity considering they were so cheap but they came in factory brembo boxes and the metal was etched (stamped) with brembo's logo and part numbers.

kameraguy
03-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Wow, cool!!! Thanks for the link. I might need new rotors soon too :)

ja2k
03-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks alot:) :eek: :eek:

Pagz
03-10-2005, 02:53 PM
i purchased some brembo rotors last month as well(with brembo stamped around the outside),i had a look at there cataloge and brembo doesnt make drilled or slotted rotors for my C230k,so i purchased them for very cheap,and they are goin to slot them to spec for me...

maybe somones making a buisness out off it:D

Regards,
Paul

manny
03-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 23K
i had a look at there cataloge and brembo doesnt make drilled or slotted rotors for my C230k,so i purchased them for very cheap,and they are goin to slot them to spec for me...
Regards,
Paul

Some time ago I talked with a rep. from Brembo.
He told me they get really pissed off when people buy their rotors, drill them, groove them & screw them up any way possible.
Then they sell them ( usually on e-bay ) & Brembo gets a bad reputation when they start cracking & coming apart.
Just some food for thought. ;)

Pagz
03-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by manny
Some time ago I talked with a rep. from Brembo.
He told me they get really pissed off when people buy their rotors, drill them, groove them & screw them up any way possible.
Then they sell them ( usually on e-bay ) & Brembo gets a bad reputation when they start cracking & coming apart.
Just some food for thought. ;)

hmmmm thats exactly what the guy said when i purchased mine!!,
there is a right and wrong way too approach drilling and slotting,it must be done by a proper race brakes outlet that has had experiance in the field and understands the minimum safe tolerances....not any odd machine shop...
also he said they will not drill it.... only slot them to within the limit of wear that brembo specify,and keep the slot in from the edges...

also i guess it could be argued that if brembo saw it was a good idea to produce these rotors with slots for performance benefits they probly would have...but for some reason thought otherwise??

Regards,
Paul

Regards,
Paul

manny
03-10-2005, 04:41 PM
My main concern here is with people buying them from some e-bay vendor for $ 50.00 a piece.
Do you suppose there would be any point trying to sue somebody like that, after you crash your car? :rolleyes:

mr. gatsbury
03-10-2005, 05:02 PM
I'll let you know if I have any problems in the future. As for now, they are schweet!!! They definately weren't some half ass drill job. As you can see in the pic the outer rim of the hole is beveled with what appears to be perfect symmetry. I have seen some half ass drilled rotors and it pretty much is a flat hole like someone just drilled a whole straight through. These holes have little funneled edges like crossdrilled rotors should be.

hey manny,
http://www.power-of-attorneys.com/stupid_lawsuit_collection.asp?wacky=0

Hell yeah you can sue.....:D

!!!!!NJ Drive
03-11-2005, 03:11 PM
put some miles on them & keep us updated:D...seems like a good deal for the price

neema12
03-12-2005, 09:42 PM
Can I put these on a 95 c220. I need to get new brakes, and I was quoted $500 for front and rear oem brakes. I guess I might as well get some nice ones. Thanks

mr. gatsbury
03-13-2005, 03:36 PM
still going :D

neema, I thinks so. I would check with Bessie...

neema12
03-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I have no idea who Bessie is. I emailed the seller from ebay and am waiting for a reply. Thx

neema12
03-13-2005, 08:36 PM
I got an email back stating the brakes will not fit a c220.

mr. gatsbury
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM
put about 2k on them, had to drive a lot on business this week. Still going strong....

!!!!!NJ Drive
06-09-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by mr. gatsbury
put about 2k on them, had to drive a lot on business this week. Still going strong.... how many miles now...they still holding up?

mr. gatsbury
06-10-2005, 01:43 PM
still good, a little over 3k now....