PDA

View Full Version : Did the search thing.....and still no help................

nicj
03-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Ok as u all know i am a newcomer. I have 1994 C 280....well today i took a good look at my car and i was wonderin........i found an authentic Amg C43 kit for like 2,200+ ....ok this is were it gets crazy....

I read a few post that were talking about the chrome stripping around the body of the car.I actually like the chrome i think it makes the car stand out......But if it has to go then it has to go. MlBenz if ur out there please herr me.

Ok Can i take the chrome stripping from my old bumper and put it on the AMG C43 bumpers ..........i know there has to be some modification when installin the kit...But will it work?

If not can i get some suggestions on what to do.........Please useful responses people....lol

Thank u for ur replies.....

nicj
03-10-2005, 04:00 PM
My Car Color is Techtie Gray.......so if i have to change them can i have them powder coated the same grey?

mr. gatsbury
03-10-2005, 04:50 PM
Ok, I'm not sure I understand the question because you said you like the chrome trim because it makes it stand out then you asked if you could have it powdercoated the same color. Maybe I read wrong but if you would have the chrome trim painted the same color why would you even put it on in the first place? Again, maybe I misunderstood...

this guy has an amg kit with the chrome (except the front) think it's your color too..

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6295

djdoughboy
03-10-2005, 05:05 PM
yeha your post is confusing, but if you want my opinion i would definitely gfet rid of the chrome... yes it will have to be paint matched to your car... its a minor mod... especially if you are planning on dropping 2200 on the amg kit... you will be pleasently surprised at how updated your car looks just by giving it a monochromatic look and doing away with the chrome... good luck and have a nice day...

nicj
03-10-2005, 07:51 PM
The chrome part i want to stay but i want the grey part i want the same color as the car..........

And also Can i put the chrome from my 94' bumpers on the 98' and ^ C43 Bumpers..........

joesc280
03-10-2005, 08:05 PM
it is one piece on the bumpers....the chrome on the elegance models comes off...and on the older ones...the c43 bumper it is all attached and one piece...

jnolte
03-10-2005, 11:20 PM
do you want a authentic AMG kit already painted black 040 email me charlesnolte@comcast.net

Cschilderink
04-11-2005, 04:58 AM
How much does painting a full AMG body kit usually cost?