PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust/muffler upgrade question

estrellajon
03-11-2005, 08:34 PM
I have a 94 C280 and looking for a correct exhaust system for the car. Remus seem to have universal mufflers but does not come with the hangers. Superprint seem to have the hangers. What exhaust or muffler does people usually install on this type of cars.

jnenad16
03-11-2005, 09:41 PM
remus has a C280 specific muffler. supersprint is also good, but little more expensive than remus. eisenmann is the loudest of all three, but also the most expensive. I would go with remus because its quiet(which is what I like, dont know about you) and because its the cheapest of the three and the quality its is exceptional.

nenad

estrellajon
03-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
remus has a C280 specific muffler. supersprint is also good, but little more expensive than remus. eisenmann is the loudest of all three, but also the most expensive. I would go with remus because its quiet(which is what I like, dont know about you) and because its the cheapest of the three and the quality its is exceptional.

nenad

nenad, I was looking at Remus as well but the ones I've found or pics I've seen onlne did not have the hangers. Can you direct me to the Remus site for the C280 muffer. I would appreciate that. What Remus model do you recommend?

jnenad16
03-12-2005, 01:47 PM
www.wheelexchange.com has mercedes specific remus mufflers.
look under mercedes, than under C220(dont worry this section is not only for C220, but all 202's)

nenad

estrellajon
03-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16
www.wheelexchange.com has mercedes specific remus mufflers.
look under mercedes, than under C220(dont worry this section is not only for C220, but all 202's)

nenad

Thanks nenad. I will call them to order. Also is this a bolt on or is welding required?

Ashkan's C280
03-12-2005, 03:53 PM
I like lorinser exhaust, I know speedy uses magnaflow exhaust with straight pipe no res, is there that much of a difference between lorinser and mag speedy?

jnenad16
03-12-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
I like lorinser exhaust, I know speedy uses magnaflow exhaust with straight pipe no res, is there that much of a difference between lorinser and mag speedy?

ask jeff why he chose that setup.

jnenad16
03-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by estrellajon
Thanks nenad. I will call them to order. Also is this a bolt on or is welding required?

it should be a bolt on, but remember that C280's rear muffler is one piece with the resonator, so you will have to cut if off to install the new one.

nenad