PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for trans cooler?

VIP_MBZ
03-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Hey fellas, I was looking to upgrade my '00 C230k transmission cooler and was wondering if there are any kits that are already equipped with brackets to bolt on (perhaps a factory AMG part?).

-Ray

benzaddict
03-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Why do you want to upgrade your trans cooler, are you towing a camper? j/k

I've never seen any upgraded trans coolers from benz, you'd probably have to go aftermarket. You might run into mounting problems though due to the intercooler being in the way.

VIP_MBZ
03-17-2005, 09:55 AM
I think behind a "foglight" hole would be a sufficient mounting location, but I haven't really looked back there to see what clearance is like.

-Ray

jnenad16
03-17-2005, 11:26 PM
you dont need an upgraded cooler, just work on lowering your operating temps of the engine, coolant, transmission and diff by using synthetic fluids in engine, trans and diff and by eliminating antifreeze in your cooling system(but add some coolant treatment such as waterwetter or purple ice). furthermore, install an electric thermo switch for your auxiliary fans so that they go on at a set temp, thus eliminating high temp operation. as for the tranny, go with a redline ATF(contact them for the right fluid) and add one pro-blend drag racing automatic trans treatment, it does wonders to your trans in regards of temp control.

nenad

VIP_MBZ
03-18-2005, 08:29 AM
In going with Redline ATF, I have to find a service department that will be ok with me bringing in non-Mercedes fluid (so far I haven't).

I'm positive that doing a simple drain and refill isn't going fly, since I'll still have petroleum-based ATF in the torque converter.

-Ray

jnenad16
03-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
In going with Redline ATF, I have to find a service department that will be ok with me bringing in non-Mercedes fluid (so far I haven't).

I'm positive that doing a simple drain and refill isn't going fly, since I'll still have petroleum-based ATF in the torque converter.

-Ray
drain the TC as well.

nenad