PDA

View Full Version : Who's the absolute lowest?

krypto
03-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Thanks for everyones help, I'm enjoying this site. I did a search, can't find a definitive answer...

Who makes the lowest drop in springs?

Who makes the lowest drop in a springs/shocks combo?

Denlasoul
03-29-2005, 07:34 AM
To my knowledge, H&R cupkit is the lowest. More than two inches.

Question. Have you ever driven a lowered car? If not, there are alot of things to consider.

krypto
03-29-2005, 07:38 AM
I have driven friends cars, but only briefly...Haven't owned one that has been lowered.

What kinds of things should I be worried about?

<Thanks!>

Denlasoul
03-29-2005, 08:33 AM
One thing is that the car will not drive like it currently is now. Lowering the car and adjusting new shocks will greatly stiffen up the ride. If you really like the current ride in your car, then it will be hard to get that back once lowered.

In addition, driving a lowered car requires alot more attention to the roads, road hazzards, speed bumps, dips, going up/down hills etc etc. It will require you to be alot more careful and even overly cautious at times.

Also, suspension parts (if you car has a good number of miles on it) will wear out faster. Bushings for the lower control arms, upper control arms, steering dampener. Stuff like that.

Just a few points to consider. I suggest taking a ride with another person with a lowered 202. It will give you a better idea.

edit: I am also guessing that you will plan on upgrading your wheels to a larger size? This change will also affect your ride and ride quality.

krypto
03-29-2005, 09:09 AM
Good advice. Thanks. Yep, planning on upgrading wheels as well.

Will camber need to be changed/altered?

I think I can handle the harsh ride, not that old yet! As it is, my car looks and rides like a jeep...

Good idea about the test ride. Anybody here from S. Florida?

jnolte
03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
get H&Rs and cut em!

i had this setup on my c36, it was defintaly a low ryder

solodough
03-29-2005, 05:39 PM
http://www.vakker.com/w202/airstrutlogo.jpg
http://www.vakker.com/w202/airstrut.jpg

aquanote
04-13-2005, 01:22 AM
I agree with Denlasoul, if you never driven a very low ride car u better start practicing now coz you have to be extra carefull when you are driving..it;s not like a standard car anymore and don't expect the ride to be that comfy..hehehehe...and if you want a very low drop just cut the spring 2 coil and change the spring pad to number 1 and 2..bet your car will be drop

SLAMMED_C
04-13-2005, 08:46 PM
H&R cup kit is the lowest drop that you can buy off the shelf..
I have Eibach springs and #1 pads all around.. fornt springs cut 1/4 coil. I will be cutting them another 1/4 coil for a total of 1/2 coil. and cutting the rears 1/2 coil to match.
as I sit right now with 1/4 coil cut.. Im dropped about 2.5" all around.. but I need a bit more!!

driving a lowered car is a lot of work!!.. gotta watch for potholes all the time.. and be careful going up and down driveways, plus as was mentioned, suspension components wear faster... tires wear faster. unless you get rear canber arms and set the camber up properly..
the ride will be very harsh.. very solid feeling.