PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Wizzards Help Needed

thmsshaun
03-31-2005, 07:08 AM
I have just got hold of some mint black leather interior. What I now want to do is utilise the fact the seats are heated.

What I am trying to acheive is to wire these seats up into my car.

Took part of the lume out of the donor vehicle.

The parts being.

The plug from the seat to where the cable goes into the trunking. This starts at the seat as 4 wires going down into 2. One being brown earthed to the chassis and the one dissapearing in the trunking is black and grey (POWER?) I will get the part number later or does the number just relate to the socket?

The second part is from the switch on the centre console this has 5 wires and goest to??? I do have the part no A202 540 4709

How the hell can a seat work with 2 heat settings or is it just a timer? When 4 wires go down into 2. Dont you just love car electronics.

So in summary I have all OEM connectors and switches I guess must be lacking a Relay somewhere.

I am going to go to AB Butt in the morning and see what they can do all though i am guessing £££'s

Any views thoughts ideas please.

Thanks

Shaun

stox
03-31-2005, 11:07 AM
I think you are mssing the controller. If memory serves correct, it would have been mounted in the dash behind the switches that control the heated seats.

martattack
03-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Hope this helps. Looks like there is a control module that you are missing.
http://202tech.mkosonen.com/misc/seats.gif

03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
Sorry to can't help you but hey you are really lucky to find a full set of mint black leather interior:)

I'd like also but here is quite impossible.

I'm sure you'll solve the electric problem with some other help, here the Guys are all so nice and helpful.:)

thmsshaun
04-01-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for your help people. i was suprised myself to come across the interior and it was the first breakers I called.

I have some circuits I am thinking of trying myself without the use of the benz control module. Although I probably could get the control module from the donor vehicle if I knew where it was located.

Thanks

Shaun