PDA

View Full Version : need help badly please read

nickc280
03-31-2005, 06:14 PM
OK his has been going on and I'm sure you might have read my previous post, I washed my engine, BIG MISTAKE and ended up getting water into my #5,6 spark plugs, so this is were I made another mistake I looked at the plugs and only looked at 1-5 because the set screw for the 6 coil had already been stipped (I didn't know you didn't need to take them out at this point) so I only found the water in #5 at this point put everything back together and it still jerked at stops and only stops, so I still was forced to drive it to school and back for a couple more days, so today I found out you can just pull the coil up and it slips right off that stupid set screw, OK so I pull #6 out and yes there is water in there so I'm stoked I think I 100% found the problem so at this point I got brand new pugs at the dealer to through in and dry the water good, no none went into the motor, and put new plugs in and go, it runs perfect at first for like a minute I stop and the jerk is there and even stronger I think, so know I know there is no water in there and new plugs are in and it is worse than before, so I go home put the old pugs in (6month old) and try again, starts off perfect for minute or longer then pull to a stop and same old jerking like at the first. so I come home and think OK maybe the computer is set for the water plugs LOL and know doesn't know what to do with things normal again???? so i unplugged the battery and this is where I'm out right this second, Please give input, I know this was very dumb to spray my motor so I don't need much of that unless good info follows

jnenad16
03-31-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by nickc280
OK his has been going on and I'm sure you might have read my previous post, I washed my engine, BIG MISTAKE and ended up getting water into my #5,6 spark plugs, so this is were I made another mistake I looked at the plugs and only looked at 1-5 because the set screw for the 6 coil had already been stipped (I didn't know you didn't need to take them out at this point) so I only found the water in #5 at this point put everything back together and it still jerked at stops and only stops, so I still was forced to drive it to school and back for a couple more days, so today I found out you can just pull the coil up and it slips right off that stupid set screw, OK so I pull #6 out and yes there is water in there so I'm stoked I think I 100% found the problem so at this point I got brand new pugs at the dealer to through in and dry the water good, no none went into the motor, and put new plugs in and go, it runs perfect at first for like a minute I stop and the jerk is there and even stronger I think, so know I know there is no water in there and new plugs are in and it is worse than before, so I go home put the old pugs in (6month old) and try again, starts off perfect for minute or longer then pull to a stop and same old jerking like at the first. so I come home and think OK maybe the computer is set for the water plugs LOL and know doesn't know what to do with things normal again???? so i unplugged the battery and this is where I'm out right this second, Please give input, I know this was very dumb to spray my motor so I don't need much of that unless good info follows
did you get the diagram I sent you? follow the vacuum lines and see where they go. that white one is going to the tranny or to a junction that leads to a tranny. if you cannot find where the open end goes, then follow the other side of it and see if it goes to a tranny, if it does than the open end goes to the intake manifold and vise versa. as for the plugs fouling, check the wires and the coil ends(bottom end connector on coils). I would also recommend checking the resistance across the wires. it should be around 3k ohms each wire. thats pretty much all I can think of right now. if something else pops into my mind, I'll drop you a line.

nenad

nickc280
03-31-2005, 07:06 PM
can't believe I forgot the model it is 1996 C280
Thanks

nickc280
03-31-2005, 08:11 PM
I think my battery reset idea did the trick, I drove it all around town with no problems what so ever :sun_:D

jnenad16
03-31-2005, 10:20 PM
glad to hear everything is OK. I will resend you the diagram just to have as a future reference.

nenad

nickc280
03-31-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm 99.9% sure everything is AOK anyway I sure am still curious as to where this white vaccum line goes though, I bet that is the corporate for the code P1700 that was there when I bought the car a couple weeks ago who knows??