PDA

View Full Version : Foglight Rewire

VIP_MBZ
04-05-2005, 08:27 AM
I'm planning on rewiring the in-headlamp foglights so that you don't have to pull on the headlight switch to engage them; I want them to come on automatically every time.

Sounds simple enough to tackle when I get home, but just curious if anybody knows beforehand any tips tricks or caution advice.

-Ray

Superpnoy
04-05-2005, 04:26 PM
it shouldnt be to hard...just make sure the headlights and fogs are off when you are rewiring lol

Metromoto202
04-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Careful, i know over here in VA you wouldn't pass state inspection with that mod

VIP_MBZ
04-06-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Metromoto202
Careful, i know over here in VA you wouldn't pass state inspection with that mod

I can't speak for an inspection, but in regular driving, there's a lot you can get away with. As strict as California laws claim to be, really you have to be driving like a bastard or catch the wrong cop on the wrong day to get popped for something like that.

You're not allowed to have tinted front side windows or no front plate over here, but people get away with it all the time.

I would only be worried about little things like that if I was driving a Honda or other commonly targetted vehicle. Even on the Supra, I never got hassled for the illegal engine swap, HID, no cats, sometimes on slicks, no front plate, etc etc. I think they do a fair amount of profiling and discrimination in our favor.

-Ray