PDA

View Full Version : My tires are shot, need new wheels and stuffs...

mr. gatsbury
04-05-2005, 06:11 PM
My tires are beat. Not much tread left at all. So instead of replacing the tires it's going to be less expensive in the long run to get a wheel and tire package now. I've been looking for the right wheels for some time now (bout 6 months) I need everyones help with suggestions. I would like to go 18'. Please post a pic with you suggestions cause I don't really know what many wheel names are. I was thinking of these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/gatsbury/1.jpg

nokia8860
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
I know tirerack sells something that looks like that. ASA is think is the brand and its available in both 8x18 and 9x18.

Is weight savings a concern for you or are you just looking for some nice wheels to cruise in. This question alone will help narrow down what wheels you should be looking at.

ShollyC220
04-06-2005, 01:26 PM
Is that front lip by Lorinser? LIke it alot.

-sholly

mr. gatsbury
04-06-2005, 02:08 PM
I never really thought about it. I guess weight saving would be good. I'm just having a hard time picking wheels and the tires are getting worse. I like the wheels above but they don't have much lip to them. I want to stay with a five star wheel. What is a good wheel weight to look for?

knvs
04-06-2005, 05:05 PM
the front lip on the car is a c36 lip and the wheels are stock c32 rims. you could find those cheap on craigslist or in the classifieds.

benzaddict
04-08-2005, 10:02 PM
That car looks perfect!!! Who's car is that? C32 wheels, C32 brakes, perfect stance, wow!!

pnsji
04-08-2005, 11:21 PM
Those are C36 bumper(not only lip) and E55 wheels in 18"

BTW does ASA make them in 1 piece look?

Depending on how much you wanna spend and the color of your car.

on tight budget:
- The AMG monoblock II is on sale now on tirerack.
- those ASA on tirerack

for the moderate pricing:
- I would sport AMG Style III
http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SAAAAKEURNzlgLLeKQa8S9PDpgob171amZcMpMItdWTJmHhHx SOix*mCfIWZ1EUupmBosDE2xzzEopuXy4IS15kK4YDfZZYc3kM cZn5UeccAAAAAAAAAAA/C250DSLKrims1.jpg?dc=4675492942479309982
- There is a used brabus mono III multi piece for $2800 on classifieds

Denlasoul
04-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by benzaddict
That car looks perfect!!! Who's car is that? C32 wheels, C32 brakes, perfect stance, wow!!
Eurosport's former car. He's from Seattle area, and I dont think those are C32 brakes.

mr. gatsbury
04-10-2005, 09:36 AM
here is why I need new tires. I knew they needed to be replaced soon but it seems like all the sudden they wore out on the outsides somewhat fast. Just the front tires did this. Anyone know why they wore like this? Is something wrong?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/gatsbury/tirewear.gif

*****thanks for the info pnsji, what about moderate to tight budget tires? and what size? (these will be summer wheels and tires only)****

will 18x9 fit on the rear without any mods???

CKlasse
04-10-2005, 10:09 AM
You need an alignment. Your camber is positive.

knvs
04-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by mr. gatsbury
what about moderate to tight budget tires? and what size? (these will be summer wheels and tires only)****

will 18x9 fit on the rear without any mods???

For some cheap tires u can look into Kumhos mx ($150) or ecsta supras 712 ($94), Fuzion zri ($104) are another cheap tire, and dunlop sport fm901 ($102). ASA has a wheel just like the C32s and their 18x8 goes for $199. So you can get a whole set of the ASA wheels with some Fuzion tires for about $1200. Go to Tirerack.com they have all the info u need there.

AWD_Dan
04-22-2005, 04:06 AM
Mich. Pilot sports or Bridgestone SO3's... Best rubber made for the street. But if you want a tire thats less expensive, lasts resonably long, and actually GRIPS THE ROAD, get the Potenza RE750.

Otherwise, Kumho and Fuzion look real neat, might last a while?! :rolleyes:

estrellajon
04-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I am also looking for wheel and tire package. Looking into the AMG Monobock II or ASA replicas.

Since my car is only a C280 not a true AMG, I was wondering if I should get the authentic AMG wheel or ASA's. I have priced the AMG wheel and tire package to be $1750 w/ Pirelli's and the ASA's to be $1400 with the same tires. Is it worth the extra $350 to install on a regular C280? I also changed to Bilsteins Sports and Eibachs as well changed the ball joints and bushings while I was in there. This is my daily driver.

Do you guys think its stupid to install AMG wheels on a C280. I looked into like the HP Racing mesh wheels but not sure if I like it or not. Looks too "Pimped".:confused: I always loved the look of the AMG's from lucky owners.

CKlasse
04-25-2005, 09:09 AM
Which AMG?

estrellajon
04-25-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Which AMG?

AMG Monoblock II

Tump43
04-25-2005, 11:16 AM
From my C43, I'm selling a set of AMG, 5-Spoke, 2 piece wheels (17"x 8.5" ET 35 mm and made by BBS). Benz sells them for over $1,000.00 apiece and Tire Rack is selling them for $799.00 each.

I'll let all four wheels go to the highest bidder over $1,000.00 plus shipping (Free Goodyear Eagle F1 GS2 D3 tires, only about 5K left on them, if you want them).

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/DisplayWheel.jsp?wheelMake=AMG&wheelModel=5-spoke+203+2pc&wheelFinish=Silver+w%2FMachined+Lip

Email me for pictures. (Do Not Respond in This Post -- I have posted this ad in the Classifieds Forum)

Thanks,

Thanks,

unHookt
04-25-2005, 01:58 PM
what about toyo proxies?

mr. gatsbury
04-25-2005, 06:10 PM
sorry guys, i have been away for a few days. Thanks for all your responses and help. I ended going with some cheap ass tires because I didn't want to spend too much on them considering I am putting on some eighteens in about two weeks... I'll have to put some better ones on when the winter rolls around i guess :(

there are a few black knicks on my two frot wheels that weren't on them when I took it in but arguing with them will get me nowhere. I also noticed that my steering wheel was still cocked to the right when I got it back and I will have to take it back thursday to have them fix it....again. I'm so tired and frustrated looking for a good shop. It's useless...

!!!!!NJ Drive
04-25-2005, 07:21 PM
sorry guys, i have been away for a few days. Thanks for all your responses and help. I ended going with some cheap ass tires because I didn't want to spend too much on them considering I am putting on some eighteens in about two weeks... I'll have to put some better ones on when the winter rolls around i guess :(

there are a few black knicks on my two frot wheels that weren't on them when I took it in but arguing with them will get me nowhere. I also noticed that my steering wheel was still cocked to the right when I got it back and I will have to take it back thursday to have them fix it....again. I'm so tired and frustrated looking for a good shop. It's useless... keep the faith, you might have to broaden your search area to find exactly what your lookin for or for something more satisfactory

mr. gatsbury
04-26-2005, 07:29 AM
yeah i know..... The only thing that pushed me were the tires being sooo bad I couldn't even drive on them.... NJ, are you mechanically inclined? You live close so maybe we can help each other out with mods and stuff...

john

!!!!!NJ Drive
04-26-2005, 01:55 PM
yeah i know..... The only thing that pushed me were the tires being sooo bad I couldn't even drive on them.... NJ, are you mechanically inclined? You live close so maybe we can help each other out with mods and stuff...

john lol...sorry i am not at all, maybe cosmetic stuff but anything with engine thats a no go :D

but that doesnt mean we cant help each other :cool:

mr. gatsbury
04-26-2005, 07:58 PM
cool, btw I'm thinking we should have an east coast meet. Who else is over here. It seems like everyone is out west....