PDA

View Full Version : Brake grinding noise

69chevelle
04-05-2005, 10:40 PM
Does anyone here get a low grinding noise from their right front brakes especially after it rains? This only happens sometimes. I checked the pads and they are still good.
The sensors are ok too, no lights on the dash.
My friend said it is common and to flush the wheel with water?? :ermm: I don't know??

vbrock1137
04-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Yeah, same here. Only at low speeds and only occaisionally. Started after I replaced my pads. Visually everything looks ok.

Superpnoy
04-06-2005, 04:24 PM
either there is not much clearance between the rotors and pads or its just the weather...some brakes make a noise because of weather...spray wd40 ...but otherwise i dont know? haha

vbrock1137
04-06-2005, 04:52 PM
Should have mentioned, mine seem to make noise regardless of weather.

benzfan
04-07-2005, 08:13 AM
The OEM pads don't do it. Aftermarket typically do. It has to do with the formulation of the pad. Typically OEM is 'organic' (or more so than a higher performance brand) and aftermarket is generally metallic. High moisture content in the air while the car is cold and sitting will cause a very thin corrosion layer to begin forming. This is gone after the first stop or 2. My wife's c280 with OEM pads doesn't do it, but did with aftermarket. My c36 does it with aftermarket pads.

jnenad16
04-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Superpnoy
...spray wd40 ...
what? never spray any oil on the pads or the rotors, it will ruin them. once the pads are comtaminated with oil, you will have to replace them with new ones.

nenad