PDA

View Full Version : blue interior lights

bazfella
06-26-2003, 01:02 PM
Hi

im gonna change my interior light bulbs for nice blue ones to match my door sills, is it a case of just putting blue bulbs in and hey presto as i have tried bulb paint and they arent bright enough on the blower bulbs

If so where can i get them from, i want to make the interior lights, illumination around gearframe and blower switches

Cheers

Paul

CKlasse
06-26-2003, 01:17 PM
There are aftermarket blue bulbs... but I would go to Walmart and bought those bulb condoms. I don't know how well that work, but they are only couple bucks for 6 rubbers I believe. :)

Excuse my ignorant, I just realize you arent in US

bazfella
06-26-2003, 01:33 PM
nope, bugger ive just been looking online but cant find anywhere. Its always harder in this bloody country

nokia8860
06-26-2003, 02:33 PM
Looks like frenchy will post pics of the rest of his blue light show soon (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=504)

jnolte
06-26-2003, 11:40 PM
I dont know if you wanna go this Ghetto but.. Get a blue permanent marker and color the bulbs. Its lighter than paint. It works pretty well!!

bazfella
06-27-2003, 12:25 AM
Hi

Ive tried that and it works ok for now in the dome lights but crap on the blower unit etc, i didnt want to try my dash clocks incase it didnt light up enough..Might just try a couple and hope

jnolte
06-27-2003, 12:52 AM
HEY Bazfella, i know this is kinda a topic steal but where did you get your chrome gear surround? is it just the chrome ring or the whole base around the shift gates??

bazfella
06-27-2003, 12:58 AM
HI

just the chrome strip around the edge of the wood around the shiftgates..Mines an auto so finishes it off nicely.

If its what you want let me know as i got mine off ebay in germany and i'll have a look for ya

Cheers

Paul

jnolte
06-27-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by bazfella
HI

just the chrome strip around the edge of the wood around the shiftgates..Mines an auto so finishes it off nicely.

If its what you want let me know as i got mine off ebay in germany and i'll have a look for ya

Cheers

Paul

THats what i thought...No its okay they have them here in america too... I have been looking for the chrome base not outer ring FOREVER if any one sees one please tell me.

JRE320
06-27-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
THats what i thought...No its okay they have them here in america too... I have been looking for the chrome base not outer ring FOREVER if any one sees one please tell me.

I don't think there's a chrome base available. Correct me if I'm wrong unless you have it custom made.

CKlasse
06-27-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
I don't think there's a chrome base available. Correct me if I'm wrong unless you have it custom made.

I have seen it on one of the sites. I'll get back to you as soon as I remember which one :)

nokia8860
06-27-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by JRE320

wadda talking about doodster! chris has it on his car!

Three Point 6
07-02-2003, 05:18 PM
I think SHATZ makes it???

willpower
07-06-2003, 11:06 PM
I think the chrome base can be found at performance products (http://www.performanceproducts.com)

for the shifter surround, just get the SLK one from your dealer. Mine only cost about $12 Cdn... much better than those EBay ripoffs, AND mine's OEM ;)