PDA

View Full Version : CLK W209 Engine

aquanote
04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Guys, would a CLK 240 engine fit on directly on my C200?? Coz if its fit i might do an engine swap from my friends coz he got 1 brand spanking new engine not in used

Ashkan's C280
04-14-2005, 09:12 AM
engine swaps do not seem to be happening unless you are willing to spend stupid amounts of money, from the mb autoweks guys that installed the e55 motor, and kompressor, I think the total was 50k for that, granted harness and such was need, this would also need a new tranny i believe, as well as new harness, ignt, and all that goes along that, with the cost of labor, even if you could get it done free, I would think at least 15-20k for install, my reference would be the mbautowerks job, they also had ecu replaced, and some esp changes, I also think they had a part from a maybach, i remember reading that somewhere, granted the engine and kompressor cost about 20k, it will still around 50 o that would mean 30k install, if you can get it done for 10k total I would go for it, otherwise, wait till you wear out your engine or something, and as a question, can esp or asr be added? same goes for the mercedes alarm ot I know, but still curious

aquanote
04-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
engine swaps do not seem to be happening unless you are willing to spend stupid amounts of money, from the mb autoweks guys that installed the e55 motor, and kompressor, I think the total was 50k for that, granted harness and such was need, this would also need a new tranny i believe, as well as new harness, ignt, and all that goes along that, with the cost of labor, even if you could get it done free, I would think at least 15-20k for install, my reference would be the mbautowerks job, they also had ecu replaced, and some esp changes, I also think they had a part from a maybach, i remember reading that somewhere, granted the engine and kompressor cost about 20k, it will still around 50 o that would mean 30k install, if you can get it done for 10k total I would go for it, otherwise, wait till you wear out your engine or something, and as a question, can esp or asr be added? same goes for the mercedes alarm ot I know, but still curious
oh man if its cost a lot i won't do it too then..thank's for your comment man...coz my friend change to 3,.8s brabus engine on his car...damn it..wish i had the $$$..ghehehe...well anyway, i shall check and inform you soon.