PDA

View Full Version : I need help once again.....

r0csfinest
04-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I jacked up my car earlier today to get the wheel off and check something and put it back. BUT the car is a lil bit higher than normal. How can I get it back down? BTW it's the rear right wheel. Thanks

fastmayte
04-16-2005, 05:48 PM
humm weird. did u try moving it around? check if the springs are sitting right.

vbrock1137
04-16-2005, 05:54 PM
When you set the car back down it'll always sit a little higher untill you move it. I think it's cause as you set it back down the track is narrower and this tension keeps the springs from compressing completely.

r0csfinest
04-16-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks a lot. So just driving it regularly will get it back to normal?

fastmayte
04-16-2005, 05:59 PM
also if u had the parking brake on and u let it down and never moved the car after taking off the parking brake, it will be higher in the back.

MrSpace
04-16-2005, 10:08 PM
yeah I think the movement is not totally perpendicular to the ground so when you lift it and put it back, the sheels aren'T at the same place. When you move the car it becomes fine.

Also your springs will re-settle when riding.

When I changed pads, my car was higher than before, but after a ride.. it became way lower.

Etienne

SLAMMED_C
04-16-2005, 11:39 PM
The suspension just needs to settle again.. when lifiting a car it will sit slightly higher until the car is moved.. and it doesnt have to be driven.. just moved forward or backwards a few feet to let the wheel come back to normal ride height.
hard to explain.. but nothing to worry about. just more it a few feet and it will be fine again.