PDA

View Full Version : engine temp.

cee28o
04-17-2005, 01:25 AM
hey guys, how hot does your engine run. mine runs between the middle and the mark above it in the OIL temp meter. is dat normal or is it too hot?

RockyinNJ
04-17-2005, 07:03 AM
My 99 C280 runs in the middle. However, I did notice that the other day it was running about 87-90. I chceked the coolant and it was 3/4 full, so I filled it to the top. Hopefully this will help bring to temp back to the middle.

jnenad16
04-17-2005, 01:14 PM
this is normal for mercedes. they run bit hotter in the traffic, you could remedy this by installing a electric fan switch.

http://www.bnzsport.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14787&hl=

nenad

RockyinNJ
04-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Must have jinx myself. My car staring running about 100-110. It didn't overheat. I pop the hood and notice that the fan was not spinning. I was able to kick start the fan with my finger. Anys, I took it to a shop that I always take my other cars to. And they couln't fix it becuase they said Mercedes do not provide information of the their cars. I took it to the dealer and they said the fan is spinning very slow. So for $520 (total cost) they will replace the fan. Ouch!!!!

davis449
04-23-2005, 07:43 AM
I've posted this before, but I'll post it again. I talked to my old dealer in Midland about this and they said whereas most temp guages in most cars function like an idiot light where they'll get to a certain point and then stay there unless the car is over heating, they won't read much higher or lower than what the normal operating temperature of the vehicle is, Mercedes Temp Gauges actually tell you what the engine temp really is and that's why you'll see a lot of movement in the gauge. It's ok as long as you're not in the red.

swank
05-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I had to replace my whole water pump and assembly setup and valves due to similar issues. Right now it jumps right up to around 100-110 on occasions so lets sure hope thats normal.

Another thing you guys should check is your caps to see if its building pressure and releasing properly. A buddy had the same issue and no one could figure it out, he replaced caps and that solved all. I think im going to install that temp switch, thanks for the tip. :)