PDA

View Full Version : questions reguarding lowering car and camber

knvs
04-18-2005, 09:31 PM
ok I know alot of you guys will say to seach and what not. I am searching and can't find my answer, so please help me out. I'll be lowering my car next week with H&R springs and Bilstein shocks. I also got #3 spring pads in front and #4s in the rear. also running stock 17" amg rims. I want a drop that gets rid of the wheel gap. Mebe around a finger gap between or barely one. Will H&Rs, Bilsteins, and #3 and #4 pads do this for me, or should I get #1-2 for the front and #2-3 in the back? Also, Is this low enough to worry about too much negative camber (-1.5%). I did pick up a pair of camber bolts from the dealership, but I read that I need 4 bolts total? Is it worth it to get the front camber bolts for the application I have? Also got a pair of Jeff's camber arms for the rear. Is the height I want, or getting for the rear bad enough to warrant the use of the camber arms?

Renn 208
04-19-2005, 06:22 AM
-1.5 is nothing to be too concerned about...

you'll really only know if the drop is enough once you've done it and the car has settled down...every car can be just a little different so it's tough to say how a certain combination of parts will affect your car, unless you have someone with the exact same car/setup.

Ashkan's C280
04-19-2005, 11:30 AM
I have the H&R and bils with #1 all the way around and I have one finger in front and no finger in back, I think it looks nice, just need some 18's now....

JRE320
04-19-2005, 11:44 AM
I suggest #2 pads all around should do it.