PDA

View Full Version : P1444 ?

fastmayte
04-23-2005, 07:18 PM
hey, whats the code P1444 mean? some places say maf, some say purge vavlve. i was getting P0441, my purge valve had a fallen hose, i put it back togather and that code went away, but i still got p1444. car's running normal tho. :(

jnenad16
04-23-2005, 08:04 PM
the scanner should give you the description of the code.

nenad

fastmayte
04-23-2005, 08:33 PM
hey, i have a actron scanner, it says manufaturers emmisions control. but different websites said different things like MAF and Purge valve low input. so donno which one.

jnenad16
04-23-2005, 10:01 PM
well purge valve is a part of the emissions system. I would start with that. see, the thing is that p1444 is a generic OBD2 code, if you had the MB code I could help you out more.

nenad

stox
04-24-2005, 05:03 AM
http://202tech.mkosonen.com/howto/enginecodes.html

P0411

Activation requirement CHECK ENGINE lamp:
--After two consecutive tests with failure.

Activation of CHECK ENGINE lamp:
--At start of next trip.

Test to detect fault
--The secondary air injection logic chain is checked if the following conditions are simultaneously satisfied:
� No failure in the electrical activation of the secondary air injection pump
� Closed throttle position recognized
� Engine speed below approximately 850 rpm
� Vehicle speed 0 mph
� Load condition below approximately 60%
� Barometric pressure above 780mbar
� Oxygen sensor control activated
� Secondary air injection pump activated at least once after engine start.

If all conditions are met, the diagnostic module requests "secondary air injection" from the engine control module (via CAN data data bus). The diagnostic module then checks the signal of the oxygen sensor 1 for approximately 6 seconds - it must be continuously in the lean mixture range.

P1444

Activation requirement CHECK ENGINE lamp:
--After two consecutively "performed" tests with fault.

Activation of CHECK ENGINE lamp:
--At start of next trip.

Test to detect fault
--To actuate the logic chain, the following conditions must be met simultaneously:
� Purge control valve closed
� No deceleration fuel shut-off
� Momentary intake air temperature > +10�C
� Evaporation ratio not in 40-60% range. --The diagnostic module subsequently activates the purge flow switchover valve. The diagnostic module pressure sensor thereby detects the barometric pressure via the charcoal canister.
--This barometric pressure is compared with the intake manifold pressure values which are measured during decleration. The barometric pressure must be higher by more than approximately 250mbar, otherwise a fault is present is the switchover function.

fastmayte
04-24-2005, 06:03 AM
hey, thankx a bunch for the info

Benzalot
07-29-2009, 02:58 PM
I changed out my water pump and when I was done putting everything back together I found a vacuum line coming from in front of the windshield water reservoir that wasn't connected. I can't find where it was connected and without it I am getting code P1444. HELP!!!! Someone tell me where it goes.

Thanks