PDA

View Full Version : Rear rotors replacement

estrellajon
04-27-2005, 05:25 AM
Well I ran into a small problem. While I was replacing my shocks and springs starting from the front, I noticed that the rear rotors dont come off as easy as the front rotors. The rear rotors needs to be replaced.

Is the rear bearing attached to the rotor because it wont budge. What am I missing? I took off the rotor hex screw nut and what else am I suppose to loosen. I dont want to force it out and come to find out that I would ruin a bearing if its within the rotor itself.

Superpnoy
04-27-2005, 05:50 AM
the rear rotors are usually hard to take out, when my friend and i were replacing my brakes we had to hammer those stockies out and i just got rid of them...if you do that , dont hammer to hard

estrellajon
04-27-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Superpnoy
the rear rotors are usually hard to take out, when my friend and i were replacing my brakes we had to hammer those stockies out and i just got rid of them...if you do that , dont hammer to hard

so besides the hex nut, what else do I need to take off before I start hammering it out

Superpnoy
04-27-2005, 07:56 AM
oh i forgot! as long as you have the caliper and brackets off as well as the hex nut, DO NOT hammer!!!! make sure you release the e-brake, well for our cars its like the foot brake, make sure thats released and than try to remove the rotor.

estrellajon
04-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Superpnoy
oh i forgot! as long as you have the caliper and brackets off as well as the hex nut, DO NOT hammer!!!! make sure you release the e-brake, well for our cars its like the foot brake, make sure thats released and than try to remove the rotor.

how can I release the e-brake

Superpnoy
04-27-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by estrellajon
how can I release the e-brake

pull on the brake handle next to the steering wheel

Pagz
04-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I recently removed mine in favour of the modified brembo replacement,....its basicly the rusty patch inside the hub where the pads dont make contact, that makes things hard to get off.....
I attacked it with a large rubber hammer,i had to hold myself back from reaching over for the sledge hammer!....
just make sure the hand/foot brake is of like superpnoy said!...

Regards,
Paul

fastmayte
04-27-2005, 12:17 PM
to remove rear rotors you must burn down the car, claim insurance.......

Superpnoy
04-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by fastmayte
to remove rear rotors you must burn down the car, claim insurance.......

haha