PDA

View Full Version : H&R with 19x10 and 19x9

mr_ace5288
05-01-2005, 03:32 PM
im thinking of H&R cup kit, with 19x10 rear and 19x9 front, ive been told it can be done but with bodywork, could somebody tell me what bodywork? and yes i am willing to do whatever it may take (almost)

is the cup kit like coilovers? that is is it adjustable?

anyone on air bags or any info on them for a w202?

i have a C250d

Ashkan's C280
05-01-2005, 04:07 PM
its is not coil over, and you will have to have your fenders rolled, and flared to match, might have to cut the bumper as well....

mr_ace5288
05-01-2005, 04:26 PM
is it adjustable?

Pagz
05-01-2005, 05:05 PM
im not sure about the rears,but the front will need a good flare...
and the metal where the bumper meets the gaurd will have to be cut out so you can flare that area too....how far you go will revolve around your tires...
I run 19x8.5 et35 with goodyear 235/35 ....i had to cut out the metal join,and roll the fenders 10mm
also you will most likely need an et around 30 if the tyre is to clear the top control joint with a 9'' rim...
goodluck

Rgrds,
Paul

SLAMMED_C
05-01-2005, 06:34 PM
Youre gonna have to do more then just roll and flare fenders man!.
Ive looked into doing 19x9 and 10 on my car.. I think the offsets will need to be around 20 front and rear for it to work.. plus you will need to roll and flare the rear fender.. the fronts are another story.. you will need to roll and flare front fenders.. and I mean mad fare the fornt fenders, you may possibly have to cut out the fender and weld new metal on to make the fender wider.... a la wide body (124, E500)

what wheels you get?.. what offsets you have on them?
and if ya do this to your diesel.. its gonna be so much slower when your done.. even if these wheels are forged and multi piece.
the sheer weight and rotating mass of these wheels is insane.. thats the main reason I decided against it.

and the H&R cup kit is a spring and shock combo.. no coilovers are made for the W202.. unless you go custom! (speedybenz)
there are a couple members with bags I think.. dont know who.

Pagz
05-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Ive looked into doing 19x9 and 10 on my car.. I think the offsets will need to be around 20 front and rear for it to work.. plus you will need to roll and flare the rear fender.. the fronts are another story.. you will need to roll and flare front fenders.. and I mean mad fare the fornt fenders, you may possibly have to cut out the fender and weld new metal on to make the fender wider.... a la wide body (124, E500)

what wheels you get?.. what offsets you have on them?
and if ya do this to your diesel.. its gonna be so much slower when your done.. even if these wheels are forged and multi piece.
the sheer weight and rotating mass of these wheels is insane.. thats the main reason I decided against it.

and the H&R cup kit is a spring and shock combo.. no coilovers are made for the W202.. unless you go custom! (speedybenz)
there are a couple members with bags I think.. dont know who.

hehe i was alittle out...

SLAMMED_C
05-01-2005, 07:45 PM
hehe i was alittle out...

lol.. just a lil out!!

hey 23K, you get the videos I sent ya?

Pagz
05-01-2005, 08:23 PM
lol.. just a lil out!!

hey 23K, you get the videos I sent ya?

hmmm,i haven't seen them yet,i think if a file is bigger than 600KB,it will be held by our system till after work hours to avoid congestion....i'll let you know man

SLAMMED_C
05-01-2005, 08:28 PM
okay.. let me know.
I think they were like 400kb each.. and I sent them both at once.
they havent been kicked back to me.. yet!!
I hope they work.

VIP_MBZ
05-01-2005, 10:03 PM

Right now my 9.5" rear has half an inch of clearance on the inside, and half an inch of clearance to the fender. That's with completely flat camber. All else being equal, going up to a 10" will put an additional 1/4" on either side. With a 265 tire, or even a 255 to play it safe, you would only need a very mild fender roll to clear. This is with a 35 offset. There's still room to play around with.

Hitting the fenders with a +20 offset is a no-brainer. You just simply don't need an offset that low to clear a 10" -- 30-35 will be the absolute lowest you'd need to clear the inside.

9" front is bad, but nothing that camber and stretching a 225 won't fix. +35 offset should do the trick.

It's going to vary slightly from wheel to wheel, and also from tire to tire, but there's really no need to do anything drastic.

-Ray

mr_ace5288
05-02-2005, 10:42 AM
well the last reply made me feel :D

my wheels:
ultralite evolve, deep dish.
off set is 35 on fronts and rear.
tyres? any opinions? ive got 255/40 at the rear, - i guess 40 is abit too much, trying to get 30's at mo part worn.
front i have - 245/40 - again i want to go down to 30!

there pcd is 114.3, i will be using PCD adaptor bolts or commonly called wobbly bolts to get them to fit.

anything else apart from minor fender rolling? im having a mad wide arch bodykit fitted, fully customed wide arches made just to fit the wheels on front and rear combined with the reiger kit for a DTM look.

TBH the ride isnt gonna be much of a "mover" at all. with a fully custom install consisting of 2 x 15's with mdf and fibreglass box weighing at over 50kg itself and seven amps - 3 batteries. so more of a cruiser and show car. but however would like to do a few enginge mods but mainly to make it cool.

and then i will lower it as much as i can :)

any questions? or opinions?

Pagz
05-02-2005, 11:55 AM
okay.. let me know.
I think they were like 400kb each.. and I sent them both at once.
they havent been kicked back to me.. yet!!
I hope they work.

hey slammed,it didnt turn up....i'll hunt down our system admin an let you know...

Pagz
05-02-2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
Right now my 9.5" rear has half an inch of clearance on the inside, and half an inch of clearance to the fender. That's with completely flat camber. All else being equal, going up to a 10" will put an additional 1/4" on either side. With a 265 tire, or even a 255 to play it safe, you would only need a very mild fender roll to clear. This is with a 35 offset. There's still room to play around with.

Hitting the fenders with a +20 offset is a no-brainer. You just simply don't need an offset that low to clear a 10" -- 30-35 will be the absolute lowest you'd need to clear the inside.

9" front is bad, but nothing that camber and stretching a 225 won't fix. +35 offset should do the trick.

It's going to vary slightly from wheel to wheel, and also from tire to tire, but there's really no need to do anything drastic.

-Ray

I think the 20 offset was aimed more at the front wheels,as there is very little room between the rubber and the top control arm joint,especially when the fronts are goin to be a 245/40...

going by my front setup there is a 4mm gap between the rubber and top nuckle,im guessing a 9" et35 245/40 would hit...although it may work with a 235/35,i think a 225 on a 9 would be alittle too stretched....dependent on the brand of tyre....

I guess if your goin wide arch then a very low offset may be a better look:D :D and anything will fit......
if you did you may get rub when you turn though...

the kit sounds impressive,when you think it will be on??

mr_ace5288
05-02-2005, 12:55 PM
well ive run into a problem, im being sent to prison for a bit so got a 3 month deay. but as soon as its on i'll be bragging :)

Pagz
05-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by mr_ace5288
well ive run into a problem, im being sent to prison for a bit so got a 3 month deay. but as soon as its on i'll be bragging :)

LOL,should i ask why?:p

mr_ace5288
05-02-2005, 02:51 PM
i lent my mate my car, he done arson and im getting fucked for it. i was seen in a petrol station one hour prior to the incident trying to buy a can of pop!
wasnt me
wasnt me
wasnt me
wasnt me

Pagz
05-02-2005, 04:42 PM
lesson here: Dont lend the Benz!:);) :p

mr_ace5288
05-03-2005, 10:06 AM
oo im surprised FUCKED aint censored. sorry :)