PDA

View Full Version : amg shocks with new springs

BENS_C36
05-02-2005, 11:10 AM
Already searched... looking for definite answer. I want to lower my 95 c36, my amg bilstein shocks are fine and I don't want to replace them yet if there is no reason. I just want to know if I can change the springs to H&R or eibach and continue to use my amg shocks or if I have to buy new shocks to change springs. Thanks for any info. :D

Denlasoul
05-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Yes, you can use the new springs with the AMG/Bilstein shocks. The only thing is that the wear on the shocks will be faster than if you were using the stock springs.

The benefit of having the shocks and springs done at the same time are 1) the springs and shocks are better matched to each other, and 2) you do not have to pay twice for an install.

Ashkan's C280
05-02-2005, 01:00 PM
agreed, also you might as well install some other components while you have everytihng open down there, ie camber arms, bushings, and sways...

vbrock1137
05-02-2005, 03:48 PM
You can check out how mine rides sometime this week if yer free. I'm sure my stock shocks are a bit different than your bilsteins, but you can get an idea.

BTW, sorry the resonator thing didn't work out...I'm busy with finals this week, but I'll be back in town during June for summer school, if you're around I'll be glad to help. I've got some suspension plans myself if I can get access to the shop this summer.

tinter101
05-02-2005, 08:31 PM
I did the H&R's on my C43 and switched the stock shocks to
Koni yellows and dialed them all the way soft. The car rides
smooth now and since I had 63K on the stock ones and since
everything was already apart it just made sense. Kinda like
when I had the calipers painted, I did it when I put cross-drilled
rotors on and changed to Porterfield pads. One time charge for
labor is always nice.

BENS_C36
05-03-2005, 06:52 AM
Vonn - Thanks anyways but I'm still deciding on cutting out the resonator. I read a thread on here that makes me a little hesitant.... my car didn't start this morning anyways so I have other things on my mind. :mad: