PDA

View Full Version : car won't start

BENS_C36
05-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Doesn't turn over at all. I get nothing when I turn the key, doesn't crank or fire. Lights all work and come on. In park. Tried locking and unlocking doors. Any ideas... maybe starter motor....don't think its battery. Before I unplug the battery, are there any precautions I should be aware of. I've read the stories on here about having the key in the ignition, etc... but don't really know what to expect on my c36. Thanks.:D

Ashkan's C280
05-03-2005, 09:16 AM
dead battery well at least that's what happened to me and it was a dead battery in that case....

BENS_C36
05-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
dead battery well at least that's what happened to me and it was a dead battery in that case....

If the battery is dead shouldn't my lights not work? PLus its less than 6 months old. Keep in mind I haven't tested it yet, so later today i could feel pretty stupid if its oxidation on the terminals or some bullshit like that...

stox
05-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Could be the alarm lockout. Are both LED's on the mirror flashing? If so, try locking and unlocking the car with the key, not the I/R.

BENS_C36
05-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Ok....finally got it started.... in neutral. Neutral Safety switch is out or loose. Messed with it for a while and...... my car roars back to life. Now it starts in park, too. Will replace soon, but for now lesson learned.