PDA

View Full Version : New body kit

neema12
05-03-2005, 04:35 PM
I am looking at getting an amg body kit for my car, front and rear bumper, skirts, and spolier. Car is a c220 95'. How hard do you think it will be to take off the stock body and put the new one one? Should I have a shop do it? Also, about how much is it to paint the kit too, it comes primed, car is white. Thanks

!!!!!NJ Drive
05-03-2005, 05:06 PM
what does the kit look like???....

neema12
05-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Similar to this. Front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and lip spoiler.

Kitted (http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templates/frmTemplateP1.asp?CatalogID=5143&Zoom=Yes&SubFolderId=573)

Josh R
05-03-2005, 06:02 PM
A genuine AMG body kit for the C43 runs upwards of 2k if I remember correctly supplies are limited, plus its poly urethane not fiberglass. If your mechanically inclined then you can put the kit on yourself but you will need a bunch of plastic body piece fasteners to do the job correctly. Also most of the fastening of the body parts are done from the underside of the car so you will need the vehicle up in the air. I recommend that you farm it out to a reputable auto body shop. Less headaches that way.

aquanote
05-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by neema12
Similar to this. Front and rear bumpers, side skirts, and lip spoiler.

Kitted (http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templates/frmTemplateP1.asp?CatalogID=5143&Zoom=Yes&SubFolderId=573)

Hey neema, the price for $775 is it including shipping and paint? and is it made of Fiberglass? I know a guy who can make a kit for around $850 including shipping and paint of you choice. PM me if you want it

neema12
05-04-2005, 05:43 AM
Well, the kit will be fiberglass, and some primed and ready to paint. It seems from other peoples comments as well as yours I should have a shop do it. Will the fiberglass be a cheap material and break or crack soon? Also, I will get a paint quote and see if I his price is still better. Thanks

aquanote
05-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by neema12
Well, the kit will be fiberglass, and some primed and ready to paint. It seems from other peoples comments as well as yours I should have a shop do it. Will the fiberglass be a cheap material and break or crack soon? Also, I will get a paint quote and see if I his price is still better. Thanks

hey neema, fiber glass is the cheapest material for the not original kit and you should be carefull when you drive coz yes its easy to crack, the price that i gave you is for Mixed between new fiber material and PU mixed. This new mixing is stronger than fiber and also lighter...yes you should have the shop do the installation for you and for paint

Brabus
05-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Must be a replica kit. Gotta have quality people paint that sucker or else it will start flaking and chipping like crazy.