PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Lcd Display!!!!!!!!

kidbenz
05-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey guys....been a long time and glad to see that the board is still alive and running. Different look but hopefully the same old knowledgable Benzheads!!!

Wondering if anyone is experiencing similar problems and if so, how did they fix it or who did they take it to and how much did it cost????

I have a 2000 c230 Kompressor with about 86,000 miles.....it started at about 30K miles, with little pixels on my LCD display ( clock, odometer, and outside temp gauge) periodically going out.... very random and usually different pixels. I brought it to the dealership under warranty and of course they said it was nothing they could finbd a problem with and no big deal...RIGHT!!! now I cant even read my odometer, no real clue exactly how many miles I have, havent seen the temp for about a year and almost losing the display entirely.

I am wondering if anybody else has had this problem and if so what did they do? Is it s a computer chip? a CPU? a new display piece? Anybody know of a GOOD HONEST shop I could take it to?

It really is no big deal unless I decide to sell and get a new car in which case I will have to fix it...

thanks guys!

CKlasse
05-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Loose connections behind the cluster or weak alternator would be my first suspects.