PDA

View Full Version : pulling codes from engine bay

ryhi
05-04-2005, 09:38 AM
has anyone got their codes pulled from the circular socket inside the engine bay?

kameraguy
05-04-2005, 11:01 AM
Are you asking if anyone has the tool to pull codes from the engine bay, or if they have done this via the dealer before?

if it is the former, I don't think anyone would have the tool as it's like a few thousand or so. But maybe there's some ballers out there who could afford $10K for the scanner?

Is the engine bay connection more detailed than the OBDII port? What other stuff does it show?

ryhi
05-04-2005, 11:12 AM
i just got it done at my friends step dad's shop while i was getting an oil change. the machine he used looks expensive! haha. its made by snap on. stupid fuel leak code is still on and i thought it would give more specific info. he told me to find some kind of valve at a junk yard to see if thats the problem cuz i told him i already got a new gas cap. does anyone know what valve thing hes talking about to plug in? i couldnt really understand him because he didnt really speak that good of english.

jnenad16
05-04-2005, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ryhi
i just got it done at my friends step dad's shop while i was getting an oil change. the machine he used looks expensive! haha. its made by snap on. stupid fuel leak code is still on and i thought it would give more specific info. he told me to find some kind of valve at a junk yard to see if thats the problem cuz i told him i already got a new gas cap. does anyone know what valve thing hes talking about to plug in? i couldnt really understand him because he didnt really speak that good of english. [/QUOTE
damn, you still got that problem? the valve that he speaks of is most likely the purge switchover valve.

nenad