PDA

View Full Version : supercharger not working in C230k

alphanumeric
05-05-2005, 09:22 AM
well this might sound kind of funny... but sometimes my supercharger stops working.. untill I parked my car turn the key off and re-start the car..

its werid... I will be driving down the street, and all of a sudden no power.. and I have a boost gauge and it never goes into the boost area, always stays at 0 when I floor it..

anyone know why this could be happening? also would it be bad for the engine to run W|O the supercharger not running? like to much fuel? the car is super slow w\o it, but I can handle it haha

Pagz
05-05-2005, 12:04 PM
hey man,sounds like either:
- the SC magnetic clutch is not engaging
- the bypass is not shutting
being an intermitant fault,it could be wiring....or a fault with the unit controlling the bypass and clutch....

i forgot to properly clip my mas in once....it made the engine run alittle rough when in popped under w/o and boost went null lol....i thought i had popped the engine!

i think the engine would suddenly run very rich under w/o without the SC....it'd be best you fix it before another w/o run haha

CKlasse
05-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I had the same problem when my bypass stayed open. It was a loose connection.

alphanumeric
05-05-2005, 01:46 PM
i'll check wires etc..

BUT im sure its my MAS intercooler tubing.. I disconnected it 1 day to see what it was like running N\A lol... ever since then the supercharger started turning off.. DUH! thanks