PDA

View Full Version : Bosch HID equipment

VIP_MBZ
05-07-2005, 11:54 PM
I was wondering if anyone had the part numbers of everything you need for the European headlight assembly as well as the associated clear corners. Thanks in advance,

-Ray

austin
06-05-2005, 01:59 PM
i would like to know this information as well. i tried to order the setup from bekkers, but they said their supplier is backordered, which means that it could be an indefinite length of time before it ships out. my car is in the shop right now getting some front end work done, so i could use the lights sooner than later.

somebody please help us out!

nokia8860
06-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Xenon unit Left 202 820 37 61 Right 202 820 38 61

I left out the light range adjuster as for a retrofit its easier to just go without these parts. If you want this I can provide it but it really is not worth the trouble.

The ballast is not listed on my database however if you go to your local parts counter it is under groupe 82 - electrical system 180 - Lighting #170 I believe. (sammed c maybe able to pull this up)

FYI: This is the route I went for putting on my xenon lights and I would urge against this route. I was lucky enough to find a set minus ballast in the country of the dutch however Tony (no longer works at bekkers) really went out of his way to search for the ballast units as the local dealers where of no help) Search for my post regarding retro fits/bekkers/OEM and you will see the light (no pun intended)

http://www.joeyandmona.com/albums/album20/MVC_457F.jpg

Photo above is how Steve and Jun helped me import the lights and a few other parts I requested many moons ago. Not the most economical way to do things but this is before the time of .NL and group shipping :p

Each unit retails between 1200 - 1400 each. Each ballast retails around 350 each. You can easily see that the bekkers while a little different in terms of adjustment is all in all a better bargin. I would suggest just keep in contact with bekkers to purchase one from them.

I wish all of you the best in your search however bekkers does make it easier. JIrwan, Golden and the like can speak on that.

austin
06-06-2005, 03:38 PM
thanks a lot nokia. that is very helpful information.

do you know of any other importers that make things easy like bekkers that might have different suppliers to source from? or is bekkers pretty much the only place to go to order the xenons in a convenient kit?

Ty Vil
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
are the bekkers HID's the same part numbers?

Alps
03-06-2006, 05:40 AM
http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=22591

:)

Abuimad
03-06-2006, 06:22 AM
wow you people always have to overpay...over here i paid 700 dollars with instalations for the bixenons that i have/had... hella transistors with osram bulbs....

Alps
03-06-2006, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Abuimad
wow you people always have to overpay...over here i paid 700 dollars with instalations for the bixenons that i have/had... hella transistors with osram bulbs....

bi-xenons, that means you have not changed the light housing (reflector, lens)?? your beam will be waaay out!

the oem bosch units include all this and ensure you dont blind any oncoming traffic

VIP_MBZ
03-06-2006, 10:14 AM

The money is in the HID optics. As stated above, you're putting HID hardware through halogen optics. The difference is literally like night and day.

-Ray

Abuimad
03-06-2006, 10:30 AM
i dont know about the reflectors but the lens i definetly did change

VIP_MBZ
03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
i dont know about the reflectors but the lens i definetly did change

Do you have a pic of what your light looks like against a wall? I'd like to see how it turned out.

-Ray

Abuimad
03-06-2006, 10:46 AM
no but im gonna instal them again since i have the equipment what happened to my set up was the left light refused to work...it would work then make buzzing (electrical sounds) and it would flicker off...so after a llot of agony of trying to pinpoint the problem i had them taken off

VIP_MBZ
03-06-2006, 10:55 AM
no but im gonna instal them again since i have the equipment what happened to my set up was the left light refused to work...it would work then make buzzing (electrical sounds) and it would flicker off...so after a llot of agony of trying to pinpoint the problem i had them taken off

That typically means insufficient instantaneous voltage (even though the HID only uses 35w, it needs a 10,000volt "jolt" to ignite the arc-lamp). Running a 10ga ground directly to the chassis usually fixes this, and if not, then using the factory headlight wiring to trigger a relay, and grabbing power directly from the battery will definitely do it.

-Ray

Ty Vil
03-06-2006, 12:57 PM
so does no one have the Bosch OE p/n's that Bekkers is selling?

martattack
03-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Are you looking for the Bosch Part Number or the Mercedes P/N? The Bekkers units are what would come with your car if you had the HID option.

ryhi
03-06-2006, 04:17 PM
can you just swap out to the xenon lenses and run an aftermarket kit? i remember they asked me if i had the xenon lense or not when i had to hae my driver side lense replaced. are they swappable?

Abuimad
03-06-2006, 09:38 PM
does anyone have a pic of there setup...and how they would look like agianst a wall in the night...

Ty Vil
03-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
Are you looking for the Bosch Part Number or the Mercedes P/N? The Bekkers units are what would come with your car if you had the HID option.

both, I just need something so Umnitza can import them for me from Bekkers source.

VIP_MBZ
03-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by ryhi
can you just swap out to the xenon lenses and run an aftermarket kit? i remember they asked me if i had the xenon lense or not when i had to hae my driver side lense replaced. are they swappable?

MB only sells it as a complete assembly, as far as I know, which includes all of the HID hardware. I believe it is in the neighborhood of $1000 per side.

-Ray