PDA

View Full Version : Eibach sways

Pagz
05-10-2005, 12:04 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_52_full.jpg

hey iv just installed some eibach sway bars....
..and are alittle concerned with how tight the front clamps have clamped down on the new bushes..

the bar is difficult to move,even with the silicon lube they supply...
-is this normal?
-has anyone else had this with there kit?...SlammedC?

Thanks,
Paul

Dr.Drew
05-10-2005, 12:09 PM
did you install them your self if so could you list the procedure I was thinking of getting the same ones.

Pagz
05-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Drew
did you install them your self if so could you list the procedure I was thinking of getting the same ones.

yeh i installed them myself,the front is easy,but the rear subframe will need to be dropped an inch or two to allow it to slip in from the side...you wont have to take apart as much as i did!;)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_53_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_54_full.jpg

Regards,
Paul

Dr.Drew
05-10-2005, 12:31 PM
hows it drive now ?

jnenad16
05-10-2005, 01:10 PM
the kit comes with the adjustable toe arms?

nenad

alphanumeric
05-10-2005, 01:14 PM
VERY NICE

VIP_MBZ
05-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16

nenad

I believe those are sway bar endlinks.

-Ray

Pagz
05-10-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Dr.Drew
hows it drive now ?
the pics were taken last night....it may be some time till i can tell you that!!;)...slammedC may give you an idea though!

Pagz
05-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by jnenad16

nenad

oops...yeh they do look like the rear sway links!!...there actually speedy's camber arms!!...

jstrat85
05-10-2005, 06:07 PM
how do you like the sway bars? i got them comeing in by next week. in the mean time im waiting for my turbo to be insalled!;)

martattack
05-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 23K

..and are alittle concerned with how tight the front clamps have clamped down on the new bushes..

the bar is difficult to move,even with the silicon lube they supply...
-is this normal?

It's pretty normal for it not to move very much. The lube they supply is usually to prevent any squeaking.

Martin

CKlasse
05-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by 23K
yeh i installed them myself,the front is easy,but the rear subframe will need to be dropped an inch or two to allow it to slip in from the side...you wont have to take apart as much as i did!;)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_53_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_54_full.jpg

Regards,
Paul

Holycow.... super clean!

Pagz
05-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by jstrat85
how do you like the sway bars? i got them comeing in by next week. in the mean time im waiting for my turbo to be insalled!;)

They look good!:)....hopefully they'll improve handling!,cant wait to get the pro kit in and slap it all back together!...
turbo benz - NICE,ill be into that too later in the year i hope...

Pagz
05-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
It's pretty normal for it not to move very much. The lube they supply is usually to prevent any squeaking.

Martin

hey thanks,yeh i thought the OEM ones were also tight...but not as tight as these!!,i had trouble getting the clamp over the bush!...

if i move the bar up and down almost all movement comes from the play in the mounting brakets....

Pagz
05-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by CKlasse
Holycow.... super clean!

hahaha thought somebody would notice....I was board one day,and while the subframe etc was out i painted it silver:D....

SLAMMED_C
05-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey 23K... mine are exactly the same.. the front inner sway bar brackets that hold the bushings, clamp down very tight.. kinda makes the bushing look a lil f'ed up.. but mine is the same.

As for any difference when driving.. yeh I guess I noticed a bit of a difference. seem to be able to take corners a lil faster.. wheels stay planted a lil better.. I drove around for almost 2 years with just the front sway bar in.. as I didnt have the time to drop my rear subframe to install the rear bar.. then when I did finally get around to it.. on the first attemp I had a seized subframe bolt!.. tried for 3 hours to ge it to come out.. but ran out of time.. so I had to pack up, but on the second attempt I got the bolt out, and the new bar installed.. I noticed a difference after I put the rear bar in.. rear end seemed to stay planted better.

yeh it is really clean.. too clean!!.. it looks awesome though.. if I ever get a second car.. Im gonna pull my car apart and paint everything I can.. just to refresh it all.. I know there is some rust under there somewhere!

Pagz
05-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Hey 23K... mine are exactly the same.. the front inner sway bar brackets that hold the bushings, clamp down very tight.. kinda makes the bushing look a lil f'ed up.. but mine is the same.

:relief:.......they are alittle distorted,thought they may have given me the wrong bushes or something!!,....thanks;)

heh yea i dont wanna drive it now...might get dirty lol

Brabus
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
My kit has been on for years now... drives pretty nice, but I broke one of the links a year or two back. They fixed it once, but I have a feeling it's come loose again... all that drifting :p

Pagz
05-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Brabus
My kit has been on for years now... drives pretty nice, but I broke one of the links a year or two back. They fixed it once, but I have a feeling it's come loose again... all that drifting :p
is that the rear plastic linkages?......
heh wheres all your panel damage:D