PDA

View Full Version : shocks

c5vetteman
05-11-2005, 05:00 PM
I have a 96 c280 that has 18x8's and h&r sport springs. Im replacing the shocks soon and im a bit undecided on wheter i should get koni or bilsteins. I want to have good handling and dont want to have to spend a lot on shocks. Im also debating on wheter or not to get swaybars and if so should i get eibach or h&r. I want the best street improvment and a feeling like my car is on rails lol.

Renn 208
05-11-2005, 05:38 PM
you're pretty much in a no-lose situation, as people have had success with componets from all 4 companies.

At this point, I'd say flip a coin, or go for whatever's cheaper...

c5vetteman
05-11-2005, 06:23 PM
what would you recommend?

fastmayte
05-11-2005, 08:19 PM
i just got bilsteins. i hear alot about koni's going bad, the bilsteins last a life timne also come with lifetime warranty, i just switched over to bilstein with h&r springs from stock shocks, made the ride alot smoother and flat handling. i don't think i'm doing anything else to handling mods, seems good enough for me.

u can bilsteins for 300 new on ebay, i got mine at a store here for 77 each. http://www.proamauto.com/
they can proly ship them to u, nice ppl

knvs
05-11-2005, 09:51 PM
i just installed my H&R and bilstien and i give it a nod! much better then stock and i even say smoother, yet stiffer.