PDA

View Full Version : were can i get oil pressure from???

jstrat85
05-20-2005, 06:17 AM
does any body know were can i get safe oil pressure to run to my turbo and not causing any damage to the motor??? need help as soon as possible!!

CKlasse
05-20-2005, 06:50 AM
Yes, below your exhaust manifold, by the cylinder #1, there is an oil outlet. That's how most SLK/C M111 runs its oil line for turbo. ;)

jstrat85
05-20-2005, 10:12 AM
ok ill give it a try but my mechanic told me that my check eng lights is going to be on because of the turbo. is there a way that we can make the ckeck egn light come off??

jnolte
05-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by jstrat85
ok ill give it a try but my mechanic told me that my check eng lights is going to be on because of the turbo. is there a way that we can make the ckeck egn light come off??

disconnect battery

Under Pressure
05-20-2005, 10:50 AM
Tap oil pan, thats what I did when I turbo charged my C220. Also, I never had a CEL tripped, maybe you will have same luck. YOur computer should readjust itself after about 50 miles to comply with the turbo.

jstrat85
05-20-2005, 05:35 PM
so this is the best place to get oil pressure for my turbo? "below your exhaust manifold, by the cylinder #1, there is an oil outlet. That's how most SLK/C M111 runs its oil line for turbo. "?? i said it to my mechanic and he told me that thats probably the place to tap in to but he dosnt know if that line is for the antifreeze? is that for the oil??

MrSpace
05-20-2005, 10:05 PM
hum, you mechanic doesn't makes the difference between antifreeze line and oil?

I wouldn't let him install a turbo!

Etienne

CKlasse
05-20-2005, 10:40 PM
so this is the best place to get oil pressure for my turbo? "below your exhaust manifold, by the cylinder #1, there is an oil outlet. That's how most SLK/C M111 runs its oil line for turbo. "?? i said it to my mechanic and he told me that thats probably the place to tap in to but he dosnt know if that line is for the antifreeze? is that for the oil??

Find a new tech. The oil feed line is right underneath the first cylinder exhaust manifold. And as Underpressure said, you can tap the oil pan for the return line.

You can ask Koolvin also. He showed me where it was originally.

c280nz
05-21-2005, 02:45 AM
where do u tap for oil feed in c280? same place? i figure it may be different for a I6....
also what injection/ecu u guys run?
sorry for the topic steel;)

jstrat85
05-21-2005, 07:03 AM
you see he just saw the line and hes like it might be oil or it could be atifreeze? we are going to see today. and we allready tap into he oil pan. the only thing we need is to find a safe place to tap into for oil pressure. i dont want to take pressure from somewere that its going to cause damage like example buring out my cams becasuse the turbo is steeling oil from that spot.

Pagz
12-03-2005, 10:56 PM
so i guess you ended up using the oil feed under exhaust port 1 then??,if so was this the allen key(hex key) bung??

Regards,
Paul

jstrat85
12-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by 23K
so i guess you ended up using the oil feed under exhaust port 1 then??,if so was this the allen key(hex key) bung??

Regards,
Paul

Yeap that's were I got it and I believe that it was the Allen key IM not that sure.

Pagz
12-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Yeap that's were I got it and I believe that it was the Allen key IM not that sure.

hmmm yea i pretty sure its the one,because there isnt much else to use!...its a handy location too!

Hey did your mechanic tell you how much oil pressure your car ran?,and whether or not you had to add a reducer to the oil feed to lower pressure at the turbo bearing??

thanks for the help,as im doing this without a mechanic!,turbo should arrive tomorrow:cool:

rollinrealbig
12-04-2005, 08:21 PM
WAIT - for one, why would your check engine light go on if you have a turbo ? i cant get that because the turbo has no electronical's hooked to it.

and turning off the "check engine" light by disconnecting your battery is a NoNo - it can blow your over-voltage protection relay and they can cost alot (OVP relay), to reset your check engine light you must use a diagnostic scanner - i just bought one, its Matco scanner with all the updates for most cars including the 202 of coarse, and i DO have my other "MAC" diagnostic scanner - if you want to buy it let me know!

but thats the safest way of turning off that check engine light - and i think its the only way on most cars.

c280nz
12-04-2005, 10:04 PM
wel in relation to the area being discussed your check engine light can come on from low oil pressure

rollinrealbig
12-05-2005, 03:08 PM
Oh gotcha! ;)

if you have a turbo installed - would it effect your auto tranny in any way ? you know ... if it puts tooo much stress on it ?

jstrat85
12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
ones again im sorry for all the information that i cant give because i had my mechanic do it for me. im not all there whem it comes to knowing things about the turbo. but i will try my best to help you out!