PDA

View Full Version : bigger displacement..

MrSpace
05-29-2005, 04:02 PM
How do I go about getting a bigger displacement out of a 2.3L?

increase bore? stroke? both?

Etienne

Ashkan's C280
05-29-2005, 04:22 PM
both would work, I think cklass and speedy benz were doing some sort of na build on his c220, not sure how that work out, but it was a great idea.

NA build and turbos seem to work best on c220

MrSpace
05-29-2005, 04:35 PM
I think I'm gonna go on a bigger bore, it seems more simple to do and you need to increase way less to gain more volume

Etienne

Ashkan's C280
05-29-2005, 04:51 PM
I would not take it more than 3.3, 3 would be a safe bet

MrSpace
05-29-2005, 04:58 PM
I'll probably stop before that, I need to measure the walls and such to see if there is enough material.

I want to have speedybenz help on this:)

Etienne

SLAMMED_C
05-29-2005, 05:25 PM
MKB offers a displacement kit for the M111 2.3L motor, it takes it to 2.5L.
MKB (http://www.mkb-power.de/pages_en/products/products.php?artgroups%5Bid%5D=5)
scroll down to C 230 Kompr. - M111 2,3 l - 4V to 2,5 l - 4V.
but you will lose boost as you increase displacement.. unless you get a different SC that can put out more boost!
MKB clams 272hp with a 2.5L kit, intercooler and ECU adaptation. Im guessing thats on stock boost?

jnenad16
05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
MKB (http://www.mkb-power.de/pages_en/products/products.php?artgroups%5Bid%5D=5)
but you will lose boost as you increase displacement.. unless you get a different SC that can put out more boost!

I agree, but there is a solution to this problem:
www.turbodyne.com their website doesnt say much about it, but I was at their booth at last year SEMA and it looks like a good product, especially useful for the turbo and centrifugal SC crowd.

nenad

pnsji
06-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
I would not take it more than 3.3, 3 would be a safe bet

How do you come up with this number? have you done it yourself? of have you seen one doing this?

J Irwan
06-14-2005, 05:57 AM
I agree with pnsji how do you know about this number...
if you don't know the answer please refrain yourself from replying.

Anybody know, when money no object I could make anything out of my car, and we know that was not the intent of the question.

and ATTENTTION to those who thinks they're good and who think knows it all.

I can see the intention is good trying to help other member with their question or problem.

Lately I've seen a lot of post that seems to contains information but the credibility of the post content/information is questionable.

My ADVISE if you don't know 100% say so, dont' give any advise that you wouldn't do to your own car for start

the intent for this website is to provide a good and accurate information about modding our W202, not just some chatting site and talking what you think you know out of a rabbit hat

the more the false information you've given, I would recommend banning you from the site, I would prefer no information than misleading information at all.

I don't see any of us here is MB Master Tech.

I am not going to mention who you are, but you know who you are. I will continue to monitor this forum.

I don't value the member contribution from the number of post or reply, I value them from the number of good reliable information they provided.

Regardz,

speedybenz
06-14-2005, 08:39 AM
With a 2.3L engine I would look at the crank journal diameter to see if it is larger than the Honda rod journal and if so you could grind the crank crank pins down to fit a Honda rod and pick up Displacement. If you can the bore the engine even better. So you could maybe go from 2.3 to 2.5 or 2.8????.

That would be tops. You cna pick up some boost by going to a little higher compression to make up for the loss in the Supercharger capacity to fill the cylinders with Air.

Also there could be some work left to do on the superchager outlet and inlet and this would increase the flow rates and the cylinder head would also fall under this same area for improvement.

Jeff

MrSpace
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Jeff, I think you'Re talking a lot with Nukblazi. He's feeding me some good informations.

I'm still hunting for a second engine to build.

Etienne

albanianbenz
06-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
MKB clams 272hp with a 2.5L kit, intercooler and ECU adaptation. Im guessing thats on stock boost?

Any idea how much that complete kit goes for?

Ashkan's C280
07-09-2005, 05:42 PM
too much I called them a while back and they didn't have a shop in the states, meaning an engine would have to be sent over to germany, I was quoted for around 50-60k total, even the guy over the phone said don't bother with it, my best guess would be tws as they have a brabus tech working for them, or good ol speedy benz to do this, I always sort of hoped he would gladly help with an NA build or something along those lines, it would seem like something he would like to do....