PDA

View Full Version : Exhuast Question for the Pro's

crsh2
05-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Sorry, I hope i dont get slam for this cheap Exhuast
I Really dont care for the Increase performance from the
exhuast nor the Sound.
I just wanted a Chrome tips but unable to find one.
I Narrowed down the exhuast, Which one here will work for my car?
( 96 C280 )
they look the same except for the tip.

Short
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=7977218516&rd=1

Long
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33636&item=7977023618&rd=1

Thanks for you help

DJxTYPExS
05-30-2005, 02:32 AM
They both will work, just gotta weld them on. I had the long one on the exact same car as yours, and it was well worth the money but it was a bit too long, it stuck out about 2.5-3 inches outta the bumper so I advise you get the short one.

crsh2
05-30-2005, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by DJxTYPExS
They both will work, just gotta weld them on. I had the long one on the exact same car as yours, and it was well worth the money but it was a bit too long, it stuck out about 2.5-3 inches outta the bumper so I advise you get the short one.

Thank you sir,
Thats exactly what i was affraid of the long one might
stick out like a D*ck :eek:
I will get the Short one
How was the sound? not loud was it

thank you for the response

vbrock1137
05-30-2005, 09:46 AM
I've been plannin' on pickin' up one of these myself to hold me over untill I can afford something nice. Let us know how it sounds.

crsh2
05-30-2005, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by vbrock1137
I've been plannin' on pickin' up one of these myself to hold me over untill I can afford something nice. Let us know how it sounds.

i sure will im going to hawaii tonight and be back on the weekend hopefully i'll be able to put on saturday afternoon and i'll put a sound clip on it

DJxTYPExS
06-02-2005, 12:01 AM
It sounds extremely nice, i'll try to find my old exhuast clip of it compared to stock, it's hiding somewhere in all my data discs. Mine had a very deep tone to it, but it was a bit loud, not as loud as tuner cars like Civic's with ApexI or anything like that but definately not "a little more then stock" as some claim. Sounded great though, on for about a year and no problems. Hope this helps, I'll re-post when I find the sound clips.

VIP_MBZ
06-02-2005, 06:17 AM
Just comparing the canister to stock would show that it should be significantly louder. I actually changed mine for the C36 exhaust, and it's a little louder outside the car, but inside you can't tell the difference.

-Ray

crsh2
06-05-2005, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
Just comparing the canister to stock would show that it should be significantly louder. I actually changed mine for the C36 exhaust, and it's a little louder outside the car, but inside you can't tell the difference.

-Ray

:mad: Oh My God
thats say it all.

please anybody dont get this ebay exhuast let me be the example.

just not my style and no disrespect to people that actually bought the item and was happy with the product or result.

Thank you again for the response and advice.

KenzBenz
06-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by crsh2
:mad: Oh My God
thats say it all.

please anybody dont get this ebay exhuast let me be the example.

just not my style and no disrespect to people that actually bought the item and was happy with the product or result.

Thank you again for the response and advice.

um how does it sound?

crsh2
06-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by KenzBenz
um how does it sound?

you if you get right beside a old V8 chevy or ford its this loud.
from idle 750 to 3000 RPM the bass reverbarate inside the cabin,
it can actually numb your head.
however when it pass 3500 RPM you barely notice you have an exhuast.
on top of all this the dang tip turned goldish color in one day
and tip is all i really wanted.
i took the exhuast out already. thank god some muffler shop was open on sunday.
and the Crap on the rightside of the tip is my stock bumper that melted :o
im going to sell back in ebay maybe a honda might want it
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/crsh2/DCP_1593.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/crsh2/DCP_1589.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/crsh2/DCP_1591.jpg

mayagman
06-05-2005, 06:21 PM
Just grab a remus or something. They can be had for about $450 from the axle back. Chop your stock resonator, weld in some nice tubing from the cats back and you have a beaaautiful 'tuned euro-car' sound. The tone from a high-compression inline six is downright awesome ^^
You can also just grab a generic remus canister, they make several different styles of tips, one being the benz-friendly square tips style. Looks great poking out from under your bumper. I'll be posting pics this weekend if youre wondering how it looks.

I know its a little more than $8.99, but hey, these things are a work of art. All nice and mandrel bent to the right shape, and the whole setup is then powdercoated realll thick-like. I'm sure the shine will last on the tips for years to come.

crsh2
06-05-2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by mayagman
I know its a little more than $8.99, but hey

Boy the number is embarrasing,
its okay im done with the exhuast or tips i'll leave it stock

but i sure would like to see your set up when you done!

goodluck

thanks