PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket alarm

c280_ep
05-31-2005, 11:56 PM
I did a search here and other places for an aftermarket alarm on a c280 and here what I rather so far.

-There is no easy way of doing a remote start, so that's out.
-It's almost impossible to start a mercedes without a laser key so no need for starter kill.

So the advantages of an aftermarket system are:
-shock sensor.
-glass breakage sensor and tilt sensor (for somebody that try to jack your car up to steal your wheels).
-sirens and any added piezos.
-2 way paging.
-Not sure about keyless entry and trunk release since you still need a key so why not use your mercedes key for these function.

So given that, it seems to me that you can put in a basis alarm with door/trunk triggers, shock and other sensors, and 2 way paging. Set it to passive alarm (activate after a certain among of time) and some how deactivate it when the factory alarm is disarmed (haven't figure that one out yet). Any thought on this idea. I guess the goal is to add more feature to the factory alarm without carrying another remote.

Anyboy knows or have a diagram of where most the wires are located that are needed to install an aftermarket alarm?

99amgc43
06-01-2005, 01:50 AM
my c43 and my dads old c280 sport had a tilt function stock, so when someone jacks it up it the alarm turns on

Dr.Drew
06-01-2005, 10:19 AM
I have a mercedes benz alarm system for the W202 it has ultrasonic sensors and can be equipt with the factory tilt sensor
pretty open to offers, its all there and its totally plug and play easy to install also

Ashkan's C280
06-01-2005, 11:19 AM
do you have part numbers for the mercedes alarm, and was it the full options or was there more than just that

mbLova
06-01-2005, 11:50 AM
wait so all the stuff you said in the above link, like tilt sensor, i can go to my mb dealer and ask them to install that on my pure stock w202?(1999 c280) tahts amazing. what was stock with the mb alarm when you bought the car? just curious

Dr.Drew
06-01-2005, 12:31 PM
NO you can not do that they will tell you its like $6000 because your car is not wired for it.

i have a full wireing harness kit and everything you need i would sell it for a reduced price if you want it. I imported it from germany

Ashkan's C280
06-02-2005, 01:38 AM
so what are all the parts that go with it, can you post some part numbers, and much how?

mbLova
06-02-2005, 12:02 PM
hmm thats interesting. i just wanted to know what came stock in the alarm for the 99 c280. not lookin for the parts now cause i dont have the cash, but i will def contact you when i get the money, to know how much it costs.

i hope its cheaper than the 6k the stealership asks