PDA

View Full Version : V8K engine move into C43 AMG

Berger Chin
06-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Hello everyone¡II live in Taiwan.:D :D :D :D
My friend have a C43 AMG. He will get a V8K engine from SL 55AMG. Now he thought maybe he can put V8K in his C43 AMG. V8K and V8 engine is the same¡HIf it works, W202 C43 AMG will become a monster, W202 C55K AMG.:) :) :)

NISMOPOWERED
06-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Keep us updated!
That would be a sweet swap.

98c43amg
06-01-2005, 08:19 PM
When you drop a 5.4L from say a W210 E55, the engine control unit is the exact same thing, so the engine swap is just plug & play. I am curious (to say the least) if that would be the case with the supercharged 5.5L engine.

coolcarlskic43
06-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
When you drop a 5.4L from say a W210 E55, the engine control unit is the exact same thing, so the engine swap is just plug & play. I am curious (to say the least) if that would be the case with the supercharged 5.5L engine. Steve the Ecu's are similar but not the same.Remember the 99 E55 ECU will wrk in the 98-2k C43 but you must change the traction control unit.The unit in the newer supercharged E55's will not wrk with our harness at all.Better off just supercharging the 4.3L or putting in the 5.5L motor and Kleemanizing it.With the new F/I 5.4L motor you would I'm almost sure have to go standalone.;)

98c43amg
06-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
[BBetter off just supercharging the 4.3L or putting in the 5.5L motor and Kleemanizing it.[/B]

Hey Carl, thanx, I didn't think it would work. Berger Chin, let us know if you can get it to work and how.

btw, carl...motor was supposed to go in this weekend but Jeff didn't call me back today... ? surprising, he's always gotten back to me immediately before. I'm thinking he probably got working on other things (or, dare I say, took some time off :eek: ) and didn't get my motor back together (had the heads done). this weekend would be good since my wife is away and the car's free. If it does happen this weekend, you should stop by. BTW, the new HPS supercharger's look'n nice ... $4000 less then Kleemann.

coolcarlskic43
06-03-2005, 02:02 AM
Hey Carl, thanx, I didn't think it would work. Berger Chin, let us know if you can get it to work and how.

btw, carl...motor was supposed to go in this weekend but Jeff didn't call me back today... ? surprising, he's always gotten back to me immediately before. I'm thinking he probably got working on other things (or, dare I say, took some time off :eek: ) and didn't get my motor back together (had the heads done). this weekend would be good since my wife is away and the car's free. If it does happen this weekend, you should stop by. BTW, the new HPS supercharger's look'n nice ... $4000 less then Kleemann. Wow! I had no idea you received the motor Steve.That's great!You had the heads ported and polished?I'll try and get in touch with Jeffrey today.It's sometimes tough for even me to reach him.I'm getting my software upgraded to day possibly out there at Jeff's house by Tonino(Superchips guy).He's probably arranging time to put your car on a lift which will make the job a whole hell of alot easier to install the motor.Let me know for sure,I'll definitely stop by.Oh yea while you are at it I recommend that you have new E55 mounts installed.They look the same as the C43 mounts (different part #'s and about 20-30.00 more)but they are much more stouter inside for the added TQ.

98c43amg
06-03-2005, 04:51 PM
Wow! I had no idea you received the motor Steve.That's great!You had the heads ported and polished?
Actually, polished maybe, ported no. Jeff said the ports on those heads were huge already. He didn't recommend it.

3 valves had some rust on them from water in the head from when the fire was put out. So those were changed. And the rest were re-seated (I believe it's called). Not sure if there was a polish done, but I'm thinking not. :( Jeff didn't think it was needed.

I'll try and get in touch with Jeffrey today.It's sometimes tough for even me to reach him.I'm getting my software upgraded to day possibly out there at Jeff's house by Tonino(Superchips guy).He's probably arranging time to put your car on a lift which will make the job a whole hell of alot easier to install the motor.Let me know for sure,I'll definitely stop by.Oh yea while you are at it I recommend that you have new E55 mounts installed.They look the same as the C43 mounts (different part #'s and about 20-30.00 more)but they are much more stouter inside for the added TQ. It's definitely happening tomorrow :banana:
@ his house as far as I know. I'll assume it'll go into Sunday. (?)

Can you stop by? I'll be dropping the car off late morning (10 - 11am?). I then have to catch a train to Ametiville where my wife left the Jeep and I'll be going back to Jeff's. So I should be getting back there early afternoon, after/around 1 - 2pm.

I just called him to ask for the mounts again (we talked about it in the past but we both forgot). He'll get them delivered to him from his contact. Thanx for reminding me. Hope I can see ya.

-steve

coolcarlskic43
06-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Seems like they gave you a nice new valve job.In that case the valve seats have to be redone to fit and seat the new valves.That's basically what's being done.

I'll definitely try to be there!

Sunday right?

98c43amg
06-03-2005, 07:26 PM
I'll definitely try to be there!
Sunday right? No, Saturday, but I'm assuming it will go into Sunday.

-steve

coolcarlskic43
06-03-2005, 07:27 PM
No, Saturday, but I'm assuming it will go into Sunday.

-steve OK see ya tomorrow!

Under Pressure
06-03-2005, 08:55 PM
SInce this thread has been officially hijacked, coolcarlskic43, could you tell me what car in your sig has the 5.4L engine conversion? BOth cars looks great! Also, do both cars in your sig have 18" wheels? That black one looks like 19" wheels :bandit:

coolcarlskic43
06-04-2005, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Under Pressure
SInce this thread has been officially hijacked, coolcarlskic43, could you tell me what car in your sig has the 5.4L engine conversion? BOth cars looks great! Also, do both cars in your sig have 18" wheels? That black one looks like 19" wheels :bandit: Yes the silver one was converted(5.4L) and they both have on the 18" monoblocks.Thanx!;)

Josh R
06-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Actually porting the heads do offer gains. I have ported those heads many times, and yes had them flowed before and after. The intakes when ported correctly will offer gains around 25+ cfm per cylinder x8 = 200cfm, thats a nice gain. The exhuast is somewhat hopeless, some polishing is better than nothing but porting not much, think I saw 7 cfm. Also these heads when flowed were done at .500 lift on both intake and exhaust, before and after.

In 2 weeks we are going to port the head on a C230k, I'll keep you posted with the gains on the dyno.

Denlasoul
06-06-2005, 12:47 PM
Can someone convert/explain an increase in cfm, or better yet 200cfm increase is what kind of power gain?

Josh R
06-06-2005, 02:19 PM
cfm = cubic feet per minute. Think of an internal combustion engine as an air pump. The more air it can pump the more hp it can make. But to do this it needs to ingest air as well, therefore unrestricting the air intake track so air can enter faster and more freely will inturn rasie power output levels to some degree.