PDA

View Full Version : Just got my C32 brakes

VIP_MBZ
06-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Just got my C32 brake calipers, pads, and rotors brand new. Haven't installed yet, but my first impressions are that my wallet is wondering where all its contents went. =)

-Ray

Denlasoul
06-01-2005, 02:05 PM
How much did all this run you?

VIP_MBZ
06-02-2005, 05:52 AM
In the neighborhood of $1000. Still cheap compared to a big brake kit.

-Ray

dwang
06-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
In the neighborhood of $1000. Still cheap compared to a big brake kit.

-Ray

Wow! That's a far cry from ~$650 when the C32 kits first came out.

Dave

VIP_MBZ
06-02-2005, 06:11 AM
You could probably get away cheaper if you just got the real calipers and then got aftermarket pads and rotors.

But yeah, ~600 or so is what you might find it for on the used market. I know one member was selling a setup for about that much not too long ago.

-Ray

dwang
06-02-2005, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
You could probably get away cheaper if you just got the real calipers and then got aftermarket pads and rotors.

But yeah, ~600 or so is what you might find it for on the used market. I know one member was selling a setup for about that much not too long ago.

-Ray

No I mean 3 yrs ago, the price of brand new C32 brakes, rotors, pads from the dealer was around $650. I was thinking of doing this mod myself until I did some hard core research.

714guy
06-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by dwang
No I mean 3 yrs ago, the price of brand new C32 brakes, rotors, pads from the dealer was around $650. I was thinking of doing this mod myself until I did some hard core research.

They still are around that price right now when you get them for wholesale.

benzaddict
06-02-2005, 01:01 PM
The price on the C32 front calipers almost doubled at the first of the year with a new price update. I checked on them in december and again in february and the price change shocked me. There have been 4 price updates since and it seems stable now. The good news is the rotors price went down $4, woohoo!

Uncle Benz
06-03-2005, 09:57 AM
Don't you have to drill a hole on the C32 brakes to make it fit a W202?

KenzBenz
06-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Benz
Don't you have to drill a hole on the C32 brakes to make it fit a W202?
i think thats the way to install them correctly but i believe its direct bolt on too (reversed)

VIP_MBZ
06-06-2005, 06:20 AM
To clarify a few things,

If you're talking about the hole for the rotor alignment bolt, you can, but it's not absolutely necessary. The bolt serves no load bearing purpose, and you can still line everything up without it.

You also don't have to install anything reversed, and the pistons would be in the incorrect order if you did anyway.

-Ray

audiophile
06-07-2005, 10:11 AM
what about your master cyclinder? would the stock unit have enough pressure, to make those brakes stop properly?:confused:

VIP_MBZ
06-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by audiophile
what about your master cyclinder? would the stock unit have enough pressure, to make those brakes stop properly?:confused:

I did take this into consideration, but after the install, everything works perfectly. The pedal feel has not suffered, and the car can now stop much more responsively.

I haven't taken the car out on a hard run, so I can't report any differences in high speed braking or fade over time, but I would imagine that you can expect improvements in those areas as well.

-Ray