PDA

View Full Version : i dont understand this spring pad thing??

got_wake
06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
what are these spring pads? and what do the umbers mean? iv seen people saying they got '#3 pads' and if they roll the guards they can get '#1 pads' whats all this mean?

thanks
hagan

714guy
06-09-2005, 06:14 PM
Springs pad come in various thickness, the higher the number the thicker, resulting in heigher ride height. #1 pad is the thin pad so that will give you a lower hieght then say a #4 pad. There are only 4 or 5 pads ranging from 8mm -25 mm.

vbrock1137
06-09-2005, 06:15 PM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6523

got_wake
06-09-2005, 06:26 PM
cool thanks for that info, and the link, so basicaly u cant lower it mega buy the use of these pads? im also not a big fan of chopping of coils but it seams alot of people on this forum have done this to get the front to sit lower. has any one had troble wit the ride is it harsh or troble form the cops, i dunno bout in the US or europe but in NZ the cops are skits on modifed springs (most people cut them then paint them yellow (king sping yellow its a real common lowering spring in NZ)) so i as thinkin just cuttin one coil at the fornt and gettin some small pads and painting the springs red and sayin there ebaich's if any cop asked, wat ya reckon? this is my plan for a new 280 thats on its way (c280 1994, c43 body kit, lowering, and rims) but i still want the rubber to sit in the guards front and back.

chears
hagan