PDA

View Full Version : what are some aftermarket exhaust tat would fit onto a c43?

knvs
06-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Ok I've searched a bit can can't find anyone that sells cat back systems for a c43. I know Cklasse used to make a custom kit, but is there anyone else? I like the look of the Eisenmann and the one that nokia has (ret?) ppl also say that the Eisenmann is really loud... If it fits on the C43 would it make it much louder? Will the v8 really growl? those of u with C43 what cat back systems do u have?!?!

jnenad16
06-12-2005, 11:26 PM
remus is always my first choice, followed by supersprint. eisenmann is too loud for me.

nenad

98c43amg
06-13-2005, 05:54 AM
I have to say ... the C43 exhaust turns out to be very efficient. The performance of the 5.4L motor in my C43 with the stock exhaust is quite good, with the extra 25% more displacement ta boot. Coolcarlski43 wishes he kept his stock exhaust on as a matter of fact.

knvs
06-13-2005, 07:44 AM
well i don't mind loud. Thats what im looking for, a little more grunt from the v8. What im asking is that are there any companies making exhausts for c43s, or can i use the ones for c280, c230, etc? 98c43amg, thanks for the heads up on the stock exhaust and the 5.4l engine. What set up does Carl have now? Does he still have the Cklasse? Why did he whish he kept the stock one on?

98c43amg
06-13-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by knvs
What set up does Carl have now? Does he still have the Cklasse? Why did he whish he kept the stock one on? Correct, the CKlasse exhaust. I think Carl's complaint is with bottoming out / rubbing, not performance.

knvs
06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
Correct, the CKlasse exhaust. I think Carl's complaint is with bottoming out / rubbing, not performance.
ahhhh... see thats my problem right now. I can't get into my garage without scraping the resonator underneath. So I was thinking of going straight pipe or aftermarket exhaust....

coolcarlskic43
06-14-2005, 03:38 PM
Here's a good question that I discussed with Steve.How many guys with new F/I or NA AMG's change there exhaust? Not too many if hardly anybody at all.Some get rid of the resonator and a few get an aftermarket cat back.

Believe me after Steve and I compared both cars the only difference between my car and his was that mine is louder in my opinion.I didnt really notice any huge or any difference at all other than his car feels a lil torquier than mine down low in my opinion.The stck exhaust is very very efficient.

There are many AMG's(C32's,E55 F/I's) running high to low 12's with the stck AMG exhaust.N/A E55's have run 13.0 to 13.5 with the stck exhaust.There are E55 F/I's with chips,software,pullies that run high to mid 11's with the stck exhaust.The exhaust on the F/I cars are a lil bigger from the exhaust mani flange back but these cars are F/I.

Bottom line is that Eissenmann exhaust looks nice but is too DAMN Loud! Stock exhaust to me on the C43 is very efficient especially since it's the same exact pipe diameter as the NA AMG cars that come stck with the 5.5L Motors.

Maybe Speedy Benz has noticed some kind of difference because I know he has headersand Eisannman exhaust but some one needs to ask him. The cars seem to gain more TQ and hp when you use Hi flow air filters,a chip,and I would assume the pullies even though I'm reluctant to spend all that money and use them.Some say with the pullies they have not noticed any real gains.

98c43amg
06-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Great post. Though lately I've been thinking anything that will give me a little more torque @ the highest RPMs would make me happy. There's a little too much rolloff in pull above 5K for my likes, from above 310ft/lb. down low, down to 220ft/lb @ the wheels @ redline. (I have to post my dyno but my computer can't see my scanner ;( ) The HP curve peaks a bit sooner before redline for my likes, but under max load the trani won't shift until hitting it, making me beg for it to come. BUT, I sure don't want to loose and low end grunt I have now. What the answer is though, ???. (I still think if we ran the cars out through 4th, you'd take me.)