PDA

View Full Version : porterfield breakpads

Rincewind
07-01-2003, 06:23 PM
hi im looking to change my front brake pads (thy starting to squeek) and i wanted to get some that doesnt have alot of break dust... ive read good tings about porterfield brake pads. has anyone had any direct experience with these? they good? is there anything on the market better ?

thanks

SLK Boy
07-02-2003, 07:01 AM
I had them on my C280 for 2 months..had them replaced with stock...they squeeled quite a bit, and the brake pedal just wasn't tight anymore..maybe the brake lines should've been changed, but i just didn't like them...i'm sticking to stock, even though they get dusty...

dwang has MetalMasters on his car...he seems to like them...

nokia8860
07-02-2003, 07:17 AM
I have them and they suck. Doesnt even come close to the stopping power of stock. And they still give brake dust so no matter.

For everyday driving nothing is better than the oem stuff. Just wash your car everyweek like youre suppose to or get darker colour wheels :bandit:

Rincewind
07-02-2003, 08:58 AM
crappy

anyone have experience with the brembo sport brake rotors with oem brake pads?

speedybenz
07-02-2003, 12:03 PM
I thought they worked good on my C280. Very little dust and no noise.

But I have not tried other pads, except for stock.

Jeff

714guy
07-06-2003, 04:25 PM
i like the pads too they only squeek once and while, not to annoying, dust still there, but braking is really good.

CKlasse
07-06-2003, 11:11 PM
btw..squeeking brake doesn't mean you need new pads. It's more like clicking noise. :)

Kühl Carbon
07-08-2003, 05:20 PM
WOW, first time I've seen Porterfields dissed. I like mine. No pad is "dustless" but they sure beat the hell out of the OEM pads as far as that goes. I am NOT rinsing off my wheels everyday. What a pain.

I am happy with the stopping power, but then again, I don't have one of those heavy W202's :p .

CKlasse
07-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Kühl Carbon
I don't have one of those heavy W202's :p .

HEY!!! better than "girly car" of yours :p :p :p :D

any new addition mods to that blue devil of yours?

Mercedes Tuner
07-13-2003, 05:43 PM
I have a set of the Porterfields in my car and I can't stand them, they suck, I lost all pedal feel, and I lost all initial bite on the pads. OEM is much better then these. I've been dabating about getting a set of the EBC Greenstuff, I've heard good things about them.

I'm also using the Stillen cross drilled rotors with these pads. I'm starting to think that the cross drilled rotors don't keep enough heat in them to make the pads more effecient.

Three Point 6
08-01-2003, 03:38 PM
I like my Porterfields! Oem was no better or worse (stopping wise)imo. Dust is reduced 75% - that was my goal & it was met. Dustcovers were tossed like frisbees into the trash. Still a little dust but it takes 3-5 days to show up after washing instead of the same day!