07-01-2003, 06:26 PM
whats part number for the oil filter for 1998 C230

im gonna buy a few of these in bulk

JRE320
07-02-2003, 02:04 AM
A 104 180 0109 about $15/ea.

Deepchord
07-26-2003, 11:46 AM
This could be the most retarded question(s) ever asked in the history of this discussion board, so don't flame me too terribly bad. Three quick questions regarding oil filters/changing oil.

Is there something that's special on the W202 I should remember or majorly different in changing the oil in a 98 C230? The guy I have always taken the car to called Pro Star Mercedes in Denver charges $60 for an oil change.

[I don't have an owners manual] Does anyone know how much oil the 4 cylinder normally aspirated motor requires?

PS. Should I always use OEM oil filters, or will a Fram filter from Pep Boys be ok?

thanks in advance

JRE320
07-26-2003, 04:29 PM
If they are using Mobil 1 tri-synthetic or mobil1 synthetic then it's reasonable to charge you $60. $15 for oil filter, $25 for oil + labor and waste disposal fee. C280 would need 8 quarts and it cost $5 per/qt each time you change oil.

CKlasse
07-26-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Deepchord
This could be the most retarded question(s) ever asked in the history of this discussion board, so don't flame me too terribly bad. Three quick questions regarding oil filters/changing oil.

Is there something that's special on the W202 I should remember or majorly different in changing the oil in a 98 C230? The guy I have always taken the car to called Pro Star Mercedes in Denver charges $60 for an oil change.

[I don't have an owners manual] Does anyone know how much oil the 4 cylinder normally aspirated motor requires?

PS. Should I always use OEM oil filters, or will a Fram filter from Pep Boys be ok?

thanks in advance

SHoot me an email. I'll do it for you for $40 :D :D

On a seirous note, it isn't hard at all... Benz oil change process is half as long as of Honda's! I got filters in bulk and tools... contact me if you want to meet up some weekend. I ll show you how... just bring along a filter ($9-15/ea) and 5 quart of Mobil1 synthetic. :)

Deepchord
07-27-2003, 01:54 AM
Cklasse,

$40, plus a dealer filter ($15), plus Mobile one would actually be more than $60! :) (George and his son George at Pro Star do all the labor on my ride. Avoid fricken Sandor though at Star Tech if you ever need something you can't fix yourself. He has a strategy of building repoir up with you and then nailing your ass to the wall with a hefty bill. He tried to charge me $956.00 to install 4 fresh Eibachs and 4 fresh Bilsteins that I brought to him. I wrote him a check for $450 and rolled out and he turned me over to a collections agency. That prick. I won't pay him a penny more either. His prices are obsured. Anyways, T.M.I, but just so you know..)

PS. Where are you located? I am up north now, not in Ken Carl Ranch anymore. But I may be moving to the Springs soon... Can we say "KLEEMAN!"? :)

CKlasse
07-27-2003, 07:30 AM
The 40bucks was a joke.

Anyhow, I usually try to learn things myself. If it is something I couldn't do, then I ll bring it to Al's Autohaus on Dahlia & Evans. One of the senior Tech, Esem, goes to ASE training with me.

If you hated what Pro Star charges you.. You would really hate KLEEMAN then. You shouldn't have bring the car to that shop if you didnt intend to pay anyway. Any suspension shop couldve done it for you for $200. Sorry man, but you are screwed on that deal.

Merc or not.. it's only a car!

I live around I-25 & Hampden. In fact, tonight, there is an import GTG at Monaco & I-70 area. There will be alot of Bimmers and VWs. For a change, I think I ll drive the benzo. I also just rolled the front fender.. It looks sick!!! :)

Eurosport
07-30-2003, 10:34 PM
if anyone needs part number for tool to remove oil filter
here it is: 103-589-02-09-00