PDA

View Full Version : Antz!!

skullleader
06-22-2005, 07:08 PM
My Fellow 202 pilots,

I had my car sit for a couple of weeks, I went to get something out of it at night and ants where all over it! They were not on the inside, just the outside on the roof. I've washed them of for about a week now, in the middle of the night and they keep coming back. Yes the neighbors are a little freaked out but I dont want ants on my car. I've sat out to see where they are coming from. The passenger side where the pillar meets the fender. MB said just to wash them of. I sprayed them with raid and washed the car(crazy I know) Help!

Denlasoul
06-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow, this must be the strangest "repair" I have ever read! Do you have food or something in your car? Do you park outside, like under a tree, or have you recently destroyed some anthills?

Based on the stuff I know about ants, you either got food inside or the queen ant made you car her home.

crsh2
06-22-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Wow, this must be the strangest "repair" I have ever read! Do you have food or something in your car? Do you park outside, like under a tree, or have you recently destroyed some anthills?

Based on the stuff I know about ants, you either got food inside or the queen ant made you car her home.

She always park at the same spot by the grass and that evenning it rained all night,the next morning i notice ants everywhere. i located the source it was under back seat .
no food whatsoever. I think they just decided to get to the car for shelter from the rain.
anyways i took out the back seat and srayed Raid ant killer
cut the grass and sprayed that area aswell and for the next 2 days there were left over ant that i had to squash and that was it.

goodluck

Ashkan's C280
06-22-2005, 10:45 PM
so it was under the car for the rear seats or inside, wow I now have that feeling where you think their are ants on you but aren't, oh god....

crsh2
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
so it was under the car for the rear seats or inside, wow I now have that feeling where you think their are ants on you but aren't, oh god....

it was inside i had to take the back seat out and spray the ant killer.
I also sprayed the two back tires so they dont climb up there again.
its just a freak thing we've park there for almost 5yrs and no problem just that 1 particular time

Superpnoy
06-23-2005, 05:01 PM
lol i always have ants in my front end area if i park my car outside......i bet you theres a dead rat somewhere in my car...:confused:

ShollyC220
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Superpnoy
lol i always have ants in my front end area if i park my car outside......i bet you theres a dead rat somewhere in my car...:confused:

Hahaha. Funny you should mention that...

The guy I bought my car from was in the military overseas, so he had his car outside with a cover on it for about a year. When he returned home, the clear coat had baked off on the hood and roof from sitting out too long. Well, anyway, he eventually sold the car to me, and not two days after I got it, I went to remove the backseats to install my system. To my surprise, when I pulled the rear cushion up, I saw corn... At this point I'm thinking- the guy I bought this car from mustve been weird, eating raw corn cernels... but a few days later I had a hunch, so I did some investigating. I pulled up all the padding along the trunk and rear seat (along the way discovering more corn) until I finally came upon a bundle of fur/rubbish/cottonish junk. Inside all this crap was a dead mouse. How I couldn't smell it inside the car, I'll never understand. I guess it was a testimate to the comfort level of W202 seats...

-sholly