PDA

View Full Version : Refridgerator, gay or not gay?

Deepchord
07-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Ok, don't hold back. I am going out on a limb on this one. But would it be gay if one removed the rear armrest and put a small 12 volt slimline fridge to hold a bunch of Red Bulls
and Gray Pupon and shit ? (jk, regarding the mustard)

I was thinking of a wood finish front just like the stock simulated woodgrain on the console, and it would be recessed with where the armrest was. The rear would only take a bit of real estate from your trunk space. It would look sooo OEM if one did it right you know. I think it would be so trick to have the ability to pop open a cold ass Red Bull from the small fridge in your rear passenger area.

Hell people put PS2's and Plasmas and DVD's in all the time. Why the hell not?

If it's retarded just say. It's late and I get weird at night, lol.

98_Benzo
07-01-2003, 10:43 PM
Dude if you get it to work, I will so do it. I think that is an awesome idea, it would give cold beers!!! Do they make fridges that small?

CKlasse
07-01-2003, 10:46 PM
VW passat's glove compartment is a cooler... it has a valved opening from the A/C blower. Not quite a fridge..but enough for cold beers! Also check out VW camper's mini fridge. It draw power from 12v source. :)

Deepchord
07-01-2003, 11:00 PM
Cklasse,

your fricken new banner is so distracting. (in a good way) I feel like I am 12 years old trying to watch Cinemax afterdark trying to view some poon through all the jagged scrabled lines of the tele... :)

Deepchord
07-01-2003, 11:27 PM
Cklasse,

I will have to check out the VW fridge. You got any links?

Saw a few things on the net. you would have to fabricate the shit out of something. Atleast the door would have to be skinny or something radical would have to be made. My worry is that I would want my sodas, Corona's, water, Red Bulls, etc cold as f_ck, not some briskly cool crap. I want to pull out that can out and have it freeze the shit out my nuts and thigh right at first hold while I am driving. Just the satisfaction of my "custom fake woodgrain door armrest fridge in my back cabin". I can taste it now... lol.

http://www.wonderfulbuys.com/portable_and_outdoor/kool1812vcoo.html?AID=10273976&PID=279014

Ok, what about the front armrest console? hell that might be sicker..

This could be a real "cool" project. No pun intented :)
Yes it was.

Black 1994 C280
07-02-2003, 04:19 AM
You could just get a cooler...
http://209.216.133.47/vehicles/00066/00012.jpg

SLK Boy
07-02-2003, 06:59 AM
I bought one of those mini-fridges at Target for $30...comes with a car adapter too..hehe...hopefully it will fit...though you might have to make sure it has adequate space for ventilation. The fridge also can keep foods warm, though the warning sticker says you should consume the food within an hour. :)

nokia8860
07-02-2003, 07:15 AM
I think its kamei that makes one for our cars that replaces the rear center arm rest. Try checking with RPI to see if they have it in their DW catalog.

But putting one in that looks stealth would kick ass. My question is what if you had stuff in there and you parked for a while wouldnt it drain your battery? I mean if you did it enough times.

98_Benzo
07-02-2003, 08:15 AM
My question is what if you had stuff in there and you parked for a while wouldnt it drain your battery?

This being a very good point, although that is not true. What you would need to do is get a power inverter to plug into, wire the inverter into your battery. Now most inverters have a switch on them that you can turn them off with. So, just turn it off when you leave your car. As for it being off when you leave your car and your food getting warm, that will not happen unless you leave the fridge unpowered for more then 12 hours or so. Think of it this way, as long as you keep the fridge door shut after you turn the car off all the cold air will stay in there, which can keep your beer cold for a really long time after being turned off. Now if you plan on keep opening and closing the door when the power is off then yes, everything in the fridge will go to waste. I think this fridge thing will work, I am going to try and custom fabricate something, see what I can do.

nokia8860
07-02-2003, 09:14 AM
A fridge in a car is really cool. I can see how it would come in handy for me these days.

Please let me know how you come up with the cooling for it.

Brabus
07-02-2003, 09:17 AM
They sell some really mini fridges at places like Costco. That should work if you could get it in and around there...

CKlasse
07-02-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
A fridge in a car is really cool. I can see how it would come in handy for me these days.

how's your A/C problem btw?

nokia8860
07-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by CKlasse
how's your A/C problem btw?

seems to work now. im hoping the car is self healing like dem ibm servers.

CKlasse
07-02-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
seems to work now. im hoping the car is self healing like dem ibm servers.

LOL

98_Benzo
07-02-2003, 10:09 AM

What do you mean? Cooling for what? The fridge cools itself.

Koolvin
07-02-2003, 10:16 AM
MB make one for W202 I have pics of one installed.... if you are interested lmk.

98_Benzo
07-02-2003, 10:20 AM
MB make one for W202 I have pics of one installed.... if you are interested lmk

What do we got going here?

nokia8860
07-02-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 98_Benzo
What do you mean? Cooling for what? The fridge cools itself.

oh i thought you were gonna prefabricate your own. not like buy a small one and figure out how to shove it in. my bad.

hence wanted to know what you would use for cooling.

98_Benzo
07-02-2003, 12:16 PM
OH, I see now, sorry my bad, no I was going to find a cheap little fridge that I could take apart and figure out the wiring and stuff and mounting. I see where you were coming from now. If I do come up with my own cooling device, it would be the cooling system from a fridge. I guess I could tear apart a little fridge and then figure out how to make my own casing to put the cooling system in, that's a good point!!! I don't know, I will play around with it though and see what I come up with.

Denlasoul
07-02-2003, 07:55 PM
A fridge would be dope as hell. If I spent alot of time in my car, I'd probably consider doing it.

A good spot would be the back armrest.

Deepchord
07-02-2003, 08:15 PM
MB make one for W202 I have pics of one installed.... if you are interested lmk.

Koolvin,

Christ man. Please post that link bro..

I read my ass off regarding all that it would entail and it would
be no easy project to fabricate something. A cooler
would almost be better. But then I would worry about
the water drainage and all this mess. I'll pass on that.
But something that MB put out for the 202 is totally giving
me a full wood.

jnolte
07-02-2003, 10:23 PM
M Benz makes a refregorator for the W202?// what the FRUCK???? THats the weirdest thing. What is that link Koolvin?? i wanna see that!!!:D

98_Benzo
07-03-2003, 09:32 AM
Hey JNOLTE, your in Bellevue? What part of Bellevue? Are you by Factoria or Towards Redmond?

Deepchord
07-09-2003, 11:39 PM
koolvin

where is that damn link?

CKlasse
07-10-2003, 07:06 AM
say the magic word!

Deepchord
07-11-2003, 09:12 AM
I have seen Koolvin since he said that on the board but no link, appearantly.

PS. I thought I saw OEM Burlwood labtop trays/food trays or something like that for the 202. Is that true?

nokia8860
07-11-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Deepchord

PS. I thought I saw OEM Burlwood labtop trays/food trays or something like that for the 202. Is that true?

Not burlwood but here is one from the members gallery in plastic.

http://www.mb-freunde-stuttgart.de/Events/Harsewinkel_2003/Simon/Harsewinkel/Harsewinkel_109.jpg

This plus the fridge would make a really cool highway cruiser!

Deepchord
07-11-2003, 10:37 AM
Is there a part # for those OEM units?

I think autorice.com had the Burl walnut for the w220.
I wonder if they would fit?

http://autorice.com/~autorice/cgi-bin/cart.cgi/00025.html

Now if Koolvin would only post that link to the W202 fridge.

(actually forget it I will call one of the Denver thieferships
right now and see what they say. Please hold. )

CKlasse
07-11-2003, 10:47 AM
Deepchord,

Autorice was under investigation when it was a sponsor of bnzsport.com. You'll find his responses to the allegations quite 'unprofessional.' Just a friendly reminder....

Here is the link...

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=750&goto=newpost

Don't flame the messenger now...! :p

nokia8860
07-11-2003, 10:49 AM
i couldnt find anything in the us parts for the 202 for the tray. maybe euro only or aftermarket?

The only thing they list to attach to the back of the seats are the map pockets.

Deepchord
07-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Oh ok, that's news to me regarding Autorice. Good to know, thanks!

I called Murray Motors in Denver, and they don't have a listing for the 202 fridge. They refered me to 1-800-FOR-MERC and I called the number and talked to some lady and she looked in her database and didn't have a listing for one. But then she didn't even have a listing for a S-Class one either. So it makes me wonder if they are aftermarket units custom fitted for different series Benz's.

At this point a person should look in the Rob Report classifieds for total custom limo conversion places or places that specialize in balling your ride out hard with bullet proofing and security/logisitcs fitting and crap. I bet they would have the hookup for things of that nature.

Unless Koolvin is gonna pipe up with a link, I think it's a dead issue :)

CKlasse
07-11-2003, 12:29 PM
Murray's Motor doesn't mess with accessories at all. One time, the part guys were wow'ed by my flat hood emblem. It's pretty odd.

Have you tried AUTO TRIM of DENVER? Try also upholstery shops..

Good luck

Deepchord
07-11-2003, 10:20 PM
I will call them and let you know. I just want Koolvin's link
he spoke of.