PDA

View Full Version : HPS C43 customer testimonial

HPS
06-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Here is a really nice customer testimonial, I thought you may like it.

Recently I had an HPS supercharger installed in my 1998 C43. I not only decided on purchasing the HPS unit because of the positive feedback I had heard from other HPS customers, but primarily because of the company's specific focus on producing superchargers for Mercedes. Generally speaking, a company is able to provide higher quality products when they have a certain degree of specialization and focus on that product. This is the case with HPS, and this has enabled them to gain a thorough knowledge and understanding on supercharging Mercedes vehicles.

I have had the HPS supercharger on my C43 for about two months and 1200 miles. It is a totally different car than the stock C43. The toughest part of having the install done, was having to wait the 300 miles for the electronics to adapt. The increase in power is unimaginable and throttle response is improved greatly as well. I have driven many fast cars (Audi RS-4,RS-6, Porsche Turbo's, etc.) and my supercharged C43 is definitely one of fastest cars I have driven. In first and second gear it is very easy to loose traction and if you floor it in first gear you will inevitably find yourself in a plume of white smoke. The amazing thing about the supercharger modification is that the power increase is throughout the power band. Although the low end power is phenomenal, the car continues to pull like a beast all the way to the red line. I have not had any mechanical problems and considering that the boost level is relatively low compared to other manufacturers, I believe that reliability is not a significant concern with the HPS unit. Besides the unbelievable power produced by the supercharger, the sound that comes along with it is no less impressive. While driving slowly one would be unable to determine any difference. However as soon as throttle is applied, an incredible sound is produced that is somewhat reminiscent of a jet engine. Heads turn and car aficionados are jaw dropped by the amazing sound of this vehicle. I am very pleased with the performance of this vehicle and there are very cars (within that price range) that I would prefer to own. HPS provides an incredible product for a relatively fair price and I highly recommend them to anyone who is considering to enhance the performance of their Mercedes.

All the best,

Charlie

mayagman
06-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Now all we need is a bolt-on for C280 owners!

josh k
06-25-2005, 09:47 AM
http://www.benzworld.org/members/avatars/4861.jpg

Josh R
06-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Is that wax good for all surfaces or just certain models?

Ashkan's C280
06-25-2005, 03:03 PM
we do need something for the c280's, I6 rules you

mayagman
06-25-2005, 10:22 PM
I6 is the only *real* C280!
:stupid:

crsh2
06-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by mayagman
I6 is the only *real* C280!
:stupid:
LOL:D

HPS
06-27-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by josh k
http://www.benzworld.org/members/avatars/4861.jpg

:D Let me know the price of the wax, so I can forwarded it to all our customers.

HPS
06-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Josh R
Is that wax good for all surfaces or just certain models?

The wax Josh K is referring applies to these models.

CLK430, CLK500, CLK55, E430, E430 4Matic, E500, E500 4Matic, E55, and G55.

Hope you can make it to July 9 GTG in San Diego.

james webster`
06-27-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey HPS, was this blower the intercooled or non- intercooled unit? Do you still have some of the older units available at reduced prices?