PDA

View Full Version : Wheels wheels wheels

cthirtysizzle
06-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Finally got my C43!!! I couldn't be happier, it's super clean, faster than my C36 and really smooth. So this week I'm going into TWS to get that Vogtland/Bilstein suspension package done and was gonna put my 18" AMG mono's back on, but then I thought, hmmm, maybe I should get some 18" Carlsson 2/5s or even the 2000 C43 AMG wheels in 18"s... What do you guys think?

audiophile
06-27-2005, 05:34 PM
the wheels off the 05' c55 would be nice

aintME
06-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by cthirtysizzle
Finally got my C43!!! I couldn't be happier, it's super clean, faster than my C36 and really smooth. So this week I'm going into TWS to get that Vogtland/Bilstein suspension package done and was gonna put my 18" AMG mono's back on, but then I thought, hmmm, maybe I should get some 18" Carlsson 2/5s or even the 2000 C43 AMG wheels in 18"s... What do you guys think?

congrats! how long did it take? curious, which shipper did you use? I have a friend who is looking at a car back east but isn't sure what company to use to get it out here. if he buys it.

Under Pressure
06-27-2005, 07:42 PM

I say the 18" AMG Monoblocks b/c they are timeless. The AMG wheels off of a 2000 C43 are not available in 18" (they are 17" only). THe Carlssons would look hot too, but I would go with the 18" MOnoblocks!

IamJanuar
06-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Congrats on that hope you will enjoy it!
Doesn't c43 already came with bilstein?

Superpnoy
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
congrats! now you should think about changing your name to cFORTYsizzle :p ...hit me up! i wanna see =] i havent ridden in a c43!

Under Pressure
06-28-2005, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Superpnoy
congrats! now you should think about changing your name to cFORTYsizzle :p ...hit me up! i wanna see =] i havent ridden in a c43!

cfortytrizzle

cthirtysizzle
06-28-2005, 10:56 AM
i think i will go with the 18" monos. go here (http://www.thewheelsupply.com/showcaseVehicleDetail.jsp?vehicleId=170&makeId=1&brandId=&page=1&subNav=showcase) to see the c55 wheels on a 202

aintME,
Shipping my car took forever so I cancelled my order and switched shippers to this local company called Ultimate Auto Transport (DON'T USE THEM, the owner is a total bitch and has the attitude that she's doing you a favor). For some reason shipping out of florida this time of year takes a while with all shipping companies...
With that being said I still recommend www.carmoves.com. Ask for TJ, tell him that Sam w/ the AMG referred you, they still offer the best price, safest/fully insured shipping and they're honest (they refunded my money without question and handled everything professionally). Let me know how everything works out.

Oh and I was going to change my screename to cfortythreezie

aintME
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
i think i will go with the 18" monos. go here (http://www.thewheelsupply.com/showcaseVehicleDetail.jsp?vehicleId=170&makeId=1&brandId=&page=1&subNav=showcase) to see the c55 wheels on a 202

aintME,
Shipping my car took forever so I cancelled my order and switched shippers to this local company called Ultimate Auto Transport (DON'T USE THEM, the owner is a total bitch and has the attitude that she's doing you a favor). For some reason shipping out of florida this time of year takes a while with all shipping companies...
With that being said I still recommend www.carmoves.com. Ask for TJ, tell him that Sam w/ the AMG referred you, they still offer the best price, safest/fully insured shipping and they're honest (they refunded my money without question and handled everything professionally). Let me know how everything works out.

thanks for the info. FYI, i had a horrible experience with carmoves/AAA Advantage Transport. it took them 1 month to transport one of the cars and they refused to give me even a partial refund. you are lucky you got out when you did, because i recall that when i tried to cancel, they were set to hit me w/ a $200 cancellation fee. oh well. anyway, congrats once again and enjoy the new car!

sleek_benzo
06-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Congrats!! wanna sell your front bumper?? :D

cthirtysizzle
06-28-2005, 12:32 PM
front bumper??

sleek_benzo
06-28-2005, 12:45 PM
yea!! trade my 040 sport for it.. :D

worth a shot.

cthirtysizzle
06-28-2005, 01:11 PM
Haha, no thanks, I think I'll keep my 744 C43 bumper on.

sleek_benzo
06-28-2005, 01:20 PM
i don't even want it anyways!!! :bored: lol

nice ride.. why not go 19s?

98c43amg
06-28-2005, 01:25 PM

so I guess you haven't had any luck either... :(