PDA

View Full Version : Curious to know.... can I turn my 99 c230 Kompressor into a C55?

SLAMMED_C
06-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Is it possible to turn my 99 C230 Kompressor into a C55?.. I know the C43 cars can do it with ease.

Under Pressure
06-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Is it possible to turn my 99 C230 Kompressor into a C55?.. I know the C43 cars can do it with ease.

You would have to change so much it wouldnt be worth it. Probably cheaper to trade in your car and just buy a W203 C55.

I was just othinking, you would probably at least need the following:

engine, transmission, brake upgrade, suspension upgrade to handle the heavier weight, wiring, ecu, labor to open up engine bay to accomodate the engine, labor for installing everything. Yikes!

SLAMMED_C
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Under Pressure
You would have to change so much it wouldnt be worth it. Probably cheaper to trade in your car and just buy a W203 C55.
lol.. well Im up for the challenge for one thing! and cost too...
but as nice as the W203 C55 is.. I love the W202 so much. Im stayin with the W202.. so W202 C55 I gotta do!

albanianbenz
06-28-2005, 08:14 PM
I am slightly interested in this but havent really decided. I hate the looks of the w203 and the w202 look great. So I wouldnt get a w203. But I love M3s (95-99) so not sure what to do will most likely do some minor mods to c230k and trade in or sell it in a year or somethin. But I would love to have the 55 in their and be a sleeper car.

SLAMMED_C
06-28-2005, 08:41 PM

I was just othinking, you would probably at least need the following:

engine, transmission, brake upgrade, suspension upgrade to handle the heavier weight, wiring, ecu, labor to open up engine bay to accomodate the engine, labor for installing everything. Yikes!

good.. I was going to ask ya what you thought I would need!
I figured Engine, trans, ecu for motor, trans control module, brakes for sure, new front springs (c43), diff from either c43 or e55, driveshaft, motor mounts

other things Im not sure are different.. C230K front subframe different from C43?
need different wiring harness?

the labour for installing is no prob.. Id do that all myself.. I have the skills to pay the bills!!

albanianbenz
06-28-2005, 08:50 PM
I am almost 100% sure subframe is different. Wouldn't the cheapest way to do this is buy a wrecked w210 so you would have all the parts there cuz otherwise it would be hella expensive.

jnenad16
06-28-2005, 10:50 PM
wouldn't a C32 conversion be cheaper? plus it would be unique.

nenad

Denlasoul
06-29-2005, 07:09 AM
I love the W202 so much. Im stayin with the W202.. so W202 C55 I gotta do!
Awesome attitude Slammed! ;)
Here's an old thread about what is converted at AMG when you send them a C43: Click me (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1750)

98c43amg
06-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Here's an old thread about what is converted at AMG when you send them a C43: Click me (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1750)

Great cascading set of linx! Thanx.

-steve

SLAMMED_C
06-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the info guys.. I still need to find a wrecked W210 E55 for this to work out though.
Im gonna keep my eyes peeled for one!!

J Irwan
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
good.. I was going to ask ya what you thought I would need!
I figured Engine, trans, ecu for motor, trans control module, brakes for sure, new front springs (c43), diff from either c43 or e55, driveshaft, motor mounts

other things Im not sure are different.. C230K front subframe different from C43?
need different wiring harness?

the labour for installing is no prob.. Id do that all myself.. I have the skills to pay the bills!!

On the contrary I am almost 100% that the subframe is still the same ...between 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder.

After all the 3 engines doesn't differ that much in term of weight..

in term of weight. I think . 2.3L/2.3LK < 2.8L V-6 < 4.3L V-8 < 3.6L I-6/5.4L V-8

But I could double check once I got home tomorrow night to see if the subframe part number is different between 4 cylinder and V-8 model..

Regardz,

SLAMMED_C
06-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
But I could double check once I got home tomorrow night to see if the subframe part number is different between 4 cylinder and V-8 model..
Regardz,
If ya get a chance man that would be the shibby..

MrSpace
07-01-2005, 04:17 AM
I'd get a C43 and then convert into C55

Etienne

SLAMMED_C
07-02-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by MrSpace
I'd get a C43 and then convert into C55
Etienne
The only thing with that is Ive put so much time and money into my C230K that I dont want to buy another W202 and have to start all over again.. just do one massive upgrade!.. plus if I get a C43 the insurance on that would be so astronomical.. I already pay lots for my C230K as is!!

speedybenz
07-02-2005, 05:05 PM
SlammedC all you need to do is rework your suspension and add say another 40Hp and then take off weight.

Do the above and your car will be as fast as mine and faster than most other cars out there.

Plus you have the smaller Diff case and so you can get 3:46 gears or even 3:68 or something close. Maybe you get a custom mount made and use a Vortec Supercharger and up the boost .

SLAMMED_C
07-02-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
SlammedC all you need to do is rework your suspension and add say another 40Hp and then take off weight.
Do the above and your car will be as fast as mine and faster than most other cars out there.
Plus you have the smaller Diff case and so you can get 3:46 gears or even 3:68 or something close. Maybe you get a custom mount made and use a Vortec Supercharger and up the boost .

No doubt man.. but its still not gonna be a C55!! gotta go V8!!.. lol
but I her ya.. my goal right now is 300hp at the flywheel with stock SC.. Im at about 245hp ish right now, I know I can reach that goal but I may need to do some internals.. like balance and blueprint my engine.
I still need cams too.
my buddies got a W203 (m111 engine) coupe with brabus everything.. ported and polished head, balanced and blueprinted engine, bored throttle body, pulley, cams.. all Brabus.. hes pushin like 273hp at the wheels.

but I had thought about going the route of a custom mounted SC.. vortec is good huh.. will have to check into that. how much boost can the stock block manage?.. anyone know?
and with regards to diff... where can I get parts to change final drive ratio's?.. how much top end would I lose?
as for weight reduction.. yeh I gotta do some of that!.. need CF hood and trunk lid.. gut interior!! lol..

coolcarlskic43
07-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Slammed C, I'd do exactly what speedy is suggesting.You'll be wasting a lot of money trying to turn your C230k into a C55.TOO MUCH time modding and trying to get a car or parts would be a real pain in the Ass!

Wanna do something nice to that car of yours? Do the suspension and brakes first.Lastly I'd turbocharge the motor since you already have lower compression pistons.You have the potential to make more HP and will be able to smash a C55 if you work with your F/I 2.3 for much cheaper than I would have to spend to S/C my 5.5L motor.My Modded 2.0 AWD Talon TSI will rip my C55 a new ASS! 2.0L Talon(413whp 346 ftlbs TQ) My C55 could only wish!

If you get the right parts for your 2.3L motor(FMIC,turbo,intake mani,intercooler pipes,injectors,maybe a standalone) you can build a very lethal car for the same or less money vs doing a 5.5L conversion to your car.

coolcarlskic43
07-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Here's an old thread about what is converted at AMG when you send them a C43: Click me (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1750) Excellent link.Funny thing is the original W202 C55 built in Europe has the E55 tranny.The C43 tranny can more than standup to the abuse as well as the rear end.The tranny differences I'm sure are very very subtle.The Euro w202 C55 I'm sure is a much heavier and slower car because of the bigger rear diff,axles,and rear diff ratio 2.82.:rolleyes: Who wants that!

knvs
07-03-2005, 08:07 AM
oooooor you can buy my C43 engine and work on that. Only $2500. And then supercharge it or bore it out. You'll have a nice little package for less then doing the 5.4L swap :D

coolcarlskic43
07-03-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by knvs
oooooor you can buy my C43 engine and work on that. Only $2500. And then supercharge it or bore it out. You'll have a nice little package for less then doing the 5.4L swap :D LOL ! He'd basically face the same issues using any M113 motor.

coolcarlskic43
07-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Slammed C here is your best alternative:http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7215&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

c55m8o
07-03-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by knvs
oooooor you can buy my C43 engine and work on that. Only $2500. And then supercharge it or bore it out. You'll have a nice little package for less then doing the 5.4L swap :D less...? with that work and those parts? dunno 'bout dat; my swap was $11K soup ta nuts. Carl's I think was cheaper. However what you described, you're getting a =lot= more performance in the finished product. So, I still highly recommend it for anyone wit'da "ku-hoe-naes".
;)

coolcarlskic43
07-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by c55m8o
less...? with that work and those parts? dunno 'bout dat; my swap was $11K soup ta nuts. Carl's I think was cheaper. However what you described, you're getting a =lot= more performance in the finished product. So, I still highly recommend it for anyone wit'da "ku-hoe-naes".
;) Sure I would recommend the bigger V8 swaps as well but only to the guys whose cars are already built for the V8.(E,CLK,C,ML,S430's and 500's).

SLAMMED_C
07-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Thanks for all the input guys.. I guess in the long run it will be easier and more cost effective to just keep modding my 2.3L..
would I be better to go the route of the turbo as mentioned, or do a custom larger SC?

I for sure need brakes form my car.. still gotta get the C32 kit!

coolcarlskic43
07-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Thanks for all the input guys.. I guess in the long run it will be easier and more cost effective to just keep modding my 2.3L..
would I be better to go the route of the turbo as mentioned, or do a custom larger SC?

I for sure need brakes form my car.. still gotta get the C32 kit! Depends on the wallet. S/C could never beat the power potential of turbocharging.

J Irwan
07-04-2005, 09:40 PM
slammed C

on another note,

for some reason my EPC is not showing whatever underneath the body shell.

I couldn't seem to find any subframe part , both front rear ..
maybe I am not looking at the right category..?

Maybe someone with EPC could help verify the part number.

Regardz,

SLAMMED_C
07-05-2005, 08:05 PM
slammed C
on another note,
for some reason my EPC is not showing whatever underneath the body shell.
I couldn't seem to find any subframe part , both front rear ..
maybe I am not looking at the right category..?
Maybe someone with EPC could help verify the part number.
Regardz,
Its okay.. dont trouble yourself.. I still would have to find a wrecked W210 E55 before I were to be getting any other parts!
thanks for looking though.
Im gonna have to do some reaserch and look into a larger SC or maybe turboing..

coolcarlskic43
07-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Its okay.. dont trouble yourself.. I still would have to find a wrecked W210 E55 before I were to be getting any other parts!
thanks for looking though.
Im gonna have to do some reaserch and look into a larger SC or maybe turboing.. You're better off.

speedybenz
07-06-2005, 08:40 AM
SLAMMMEDC,

As mentioned earlier I think, one of the best ways to get your car to go faster is to put it on a diet. If you can find a way to take off 200lbs you will really feel the difference in both accelleration and handling.

I am always looking for ways to take off even 5lbs more and then another 5lbs and so on. It can really add up fast.

Jeff

coolcarlskic43
07-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
SLAMMMEDC,

As mentioned earlier I think, one of the best ways to get your car to go faster is to put it on a diet. If you can find a way to take off 200lbs you will really feel the difference in both accelleration and handling.

I am always looking for ways to take off even 5lbs more and then another 5lbs and so on. It can really add up fast.

Jeff I agree , but Jeff remember it's a street car not a track car.

VIP_MBZ
07-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Im at about 245hp ish right now, I know I can reach that goal but I may need to do some internals.. like balance and blueprint my engine.
I still need cams too.
my buddies got a W203 (m111 engine) coupe with brabus everything.. ported and polished head, balanced and blueprinted engine, bored throttle body, pulley, cams.. all Brabus.. hes pushin like 273hp at the wheels.

Wow that sucks. So much money and effort and so little power. I guess that's why I've resolved to just daily drive my W202 and keep the motor stock.

My stock baseline run with a little Toyota 2.5L on stock 8-9 psi was 296 rwhp. My roommate's 3.0L has only cams and an intercooler, and at stock 10psi it's at 390 rwhp. Effortless.

I commend anyone for going against the grain and trying to get the most out of the M111, but it certainly seems like an uphill battle. Best of luck.

-Ray

Under Pressure
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by VIP_MBZ
Wow that sucks. So much money and effort and so little power. I guess that's why I've resolved to just daily drive my W202 and keep the motor stock.

My stock baseline run with a little Toyota 2.5L on stock 8-9 psi was 296 rwhp. My roommate's 3.0L has only cams and an intercooler, and at stock 10psi it's at 390 rwhp. Effortless.

I commend anyone for going against the grain and trying to get the most out of the M111, but it certainly seems like an uphill battle. Best of luck.

-Ray

after turboing my old c220 and not feeling like I got my $'s worth, thats when I decided Japanese. My modded WRX may not look flashy, but its killed first generation Boxster S's, 3.0L Z Roadsters (I'm currently looking for an M Roadster to play with), G35 Sedan, modded S2000, etc.

THe best part about it not being original is all the inexpensive used parts available through the different websites.

coolcarlskic43
07-07-2005, 05:33 PM

-Ray What stck Toyota 2.5L mtr is putting out 296rwhp on stck 8-9psi?Because there has got to be some mods some where!That's alot more power than a stck 3.0L Toyota Supra TT. You need to tell me!

Is this on a 1jz motor which I 'm not all that fond of?

First off the 3.0 L motor is a six so of course it's going to be somewhat effortless.But it's not like it's necessarily cheap to mod either.Those cams and that intercooler cost a nice set of dollars as well.Maybe and I say maybe cheaper than turbocharging the W202 but Supra's are not cheap to buy and mod either.

The supercharged W202 4 cyl motor with the right mods should be able to put out 2-3x's what it put's out with the stck low compression pistons, nice sized Turbo,and supporting mods.The money just has to be spent right.Modding an F/I car for some real hp never comes so cheap.

coolcarlskic43
07-07-2005, 05:38 PM
after turboing my old c220 and not feeling like I got my $'s worth, thats when I decided Japanese. My modded WRX may not look flashy, but its killed first generation Boxster S's, 3.0L Z Roadsters (I'm currently looking for an M Roadster to play with), G35 Sedan, modded S2000, etc.

THe best part about it not being original is all the inexpensive used parts available through the different websites. And I've murdered plenty of WRX's off the line and on the hwy with my BMW 332i ;)

PS I won't even bring up how I spanked a modded STi and modded Audi S4 off the line and on a highway run with my C55.Don't let me bring up the Eagle Talon!:D

VIP_MBZ
07-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by coolcarlskic43
What stck Toyota 2.5L mtr is putting out 296rwhp on stck 8-9psi?Because there has got to be some mods some where!That's alot more power than a stck 3.0L Toyota Supra TT. You need to tell me!

Is this on a 1jz motor which I 'm not all that fond of?

Sure is. The only mod on that car was the exhaust (with which the 3.0L usually puts out 300-320rwhp), which my domestic buddies stilll count as "stock." My mentor is the late Mike Urbano, and with him we had a hand in almost every 1JZ swap in the US, most of them churning out similar horsepower output.

The M111 doesn't suck. It's just expensive and cumbersome to modify and make power with. A 3S-GTE does so more easily and with less displacement. (the current version of the aforementioned 2.0L wonder makes 280hp stock). But I like my 202 for the style and comfort, which people completely discard when they start thinking about things like gutting the interior and removing amenities to save weight.

-Ray

coolcarlskic43
07-07-2005, 07:27 PM
Sure is. The only mod on that car was the exhaust (with which the 3.0L usually puts out 300-320rwhp), which my domestic buddies stilll count as "stock." My mentor is the late Mike Urbano, and with him we had a hand in almost every 1JZ swap in the US, most of them churning out similar horsepower output.

The M111 doesn't suck. It's just expensive and cumbersome to modify and make power with. A 3S-GTE does so more easily and with less displacement. (the current version of the aforementioned 2.0L wonder makes 280hp stock). But I like my 202 for the style and comfort, which people completely discard when they start thinking about things like gutting the interior and removing amenities to save weight.

-Ray Listen,the Supra puts out 320 at the crank not at the wheels.You keep posting 320rwhp.That's false.It puts out about 260-265 rwhp.If an exhaust has been added to the car it is no longer factory stck!That's what the general public considers stck.Also you're telling me that a cat back HKS,Greedy,APEXi whatever exhaust alone is gonna raise the Supra's HP from 265 hp to 320 hp! 60-70 hp upgrade! I don't think so!

coolcarlskic43
07-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Sure is. The only mod on that car was the exhaust (with which the 3.0L usually puts out 300-320rwhp), which my domestic buddies stilll count as "stock."

READ THE FACTS and this 50 some odd hp gain was done with FILTER,DOWNPIPE,and catback.:http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0402it_ppsupra/

The article also mentions that you need deep pockets to mod a Supra TT. You also have to spend 3k just to pic up an additional 29hp. Like I said a modded Supra TT can be very expensive to mod as well and common sense tells us that it will make more Hp because it's a 3.0L 6 cylinder.It would cost more to buy a supra TT and mod it ,than it would to modify a F/I 4 cyl w202 that's owned ,and build it to put out 400rwhp.

Under Pressure
07-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Man this is getting kinda ugly. I cant find any decent info about a BMW 332i, so I don't know its specs. All I know from BMW land is that I beat some yuppie in a 3.0 Z Roadster who tried to race me at a light, and a new gen 5 series that I could not identify since I never saw the back of the trunk. As far as the C55 beating an STi, I cant comment since I dont know the capability of the C55 or skill of drivers, but it is likely the STi would win by a margin in any race involving turns.

I guess the point I was trying to make is that if you want performance, you can spend shitloads like I did with my old C220 and the Mosselman turbo kit and suspension and all that, but you may not even get the performance of a Prelude out of it. Seriously, I had a Prelude VTEC before the C220 and after all the engine work and suspension work I did on the C220, it only felt comparable at best to the Prelude, never really beating it.

Supra parts can be $$$ if you go all out but its reasonably affordable. Some OG member here may remember my old friend's Supra MKIV that I showed a pic few years back (the one where the wheel broke off and the car was totalled) ANyway, that thing was all done up and 750hp (w/ N2O and T-66) and he was not a millionaire.

Its just a simple cost/benefit analysis. Seems like Benzos cost a lot for performance. DOnt even get me started on RENNtech and Brabus!!!! Man, for their prices I would just buy two Ferraris instead of some modded E Class for the same price, have a multitude more prestige, and be able to get a decent resale. I love seeing $250K Renntech CLK60's not even getting $60k of bids on eBay.

VIP_MBZ
07-08-2005, 12:16 AM
READ THE FACTS and this 50 some odd hp gain was done with FILTER,DOWNPIPE,and catback.:http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0402it_ppsupra/

The article also mentions that you need deep pockets to mod a Supra TT. You also have to spend 3k just to pic up an additional 29hp. Like I said a modded Supra TT can be very expensive to mod as well and common sense tells us that it will make more Hp because it's a 3.0L 6 cylinder.It would cost more to buy a supra TT and mod it ,than it would to modify a F/I 4 cyl w202 that's owned ,and build it to put out 400rwhp.

The direct comparison was with my 2.5L 1JZ, since the displacement is close to the 2.3L. My '90 rolling chassis was $1000. JZA70 front clip was $1800. Admittantly, it was a good deal, but 90-92 Supras go for $3-4k at the most. If you want to count the exhaust, go ahead and add $600. My friend and I did the labor ourselves. I'm not echoing something I read in a magazine, website, or even heard form a pal, I'm sharing what I've actually done.

If you want to be mad, go ahead. I just want any other people reading this thread to understand that $5-10k into Brabus/Renntech mods or a turbo kit is a lot of money to pay for mediocre. After all is said and done, you'll have over $20,000 into the car including the car itself, and be pushing, what, 325 rwhp? That raises even more questions about motor reliability and if the rest of the drivetrain can even handle the stress (since the C230k transmission was designed with half that much power in mind).

But if you have a few thousand burning a hole in your wallet, and you wouldn't rather just have a second fun vehicle, then go for it.

-Ray

coolcarlskic43
07-08-2005, 02:52 AM

I guess the point I was trying to make is that if you want performance, you can spend shitloads like I did with my old C220 and the Mosselman turbo kit and suspension and all that, but you may not even get the performance of a Prelude out of it. Seriously, I had a Prelude VTEC before the C220 and after all the engine work and suspension work I did on the C220, it only felt comparable at best to the Prelude, never really beating it.

Its just a simple cost/benefit analysis. Seems like Benzos cost a lot for performance. DOnt even get me started on RENNtech and Brabus!!!! First off the C230k motor is totally different than a C220 motor.The suspension as as well is alot better.It would cost a shitload of money to make a reliable F/I C220 motor.The compressor motor stck has stouter internals and LC pistons.If you did'nt apply any of those parts you can't compare the two motors. Trust me ,to turbocharge the Compressor motor won't take using mosselman parts and definitely not Renntech,Brabus or Kleeman.Come chk out my friends Turbocharged C36(Jeff M.).I guarantee you your prelude V-tec couldnt touch my buddies modded sedan C230k W202 or my friends modded C coupe C230k manual.

coolcarlskic43
07-08-2005, 03:28 AM
The direct comparison was with my 2.5L 1JZ, since the displacement is close to the 2.3L. My '90 rolling chassis was $1000. JZA70 front clip was $1800. Admittantly, it was a good deal, but 90-92 Supras go for $3-4k at the most. If you want to count the exhaust, go ahead and add $600. My friend and I did the labor ourselves. I'm not echoing something I read in a magazine, website, or even heard form a pal, I'm sharing what I've actually done.

If you want to be mad, go ahead. I just want any other people reading this thread to understand that $5-10k into Brabus/Renntech mods or a turbo kit is a lot of money to pay for mediocre. After all is said and done, you'll have over $20,000 into the car including the car itself, and be pushing, what, 325 rwhp? That raises even more questions about motor reliability and if the rest of the drivetrain can even handle the stress (since the C230k transmission was designed with half that much power in mind).

But if you have a few thousand burning a hole in your wallet, and you wouldn't rather just have a second fun vehicle, then go for it.

-Ray Regardless,it's called PHYSICS my friend,how can you make a direct comparison, it's still a 6 cylinder.How easy is it too find a 1jz motor here in the US or on the East coast for that matter?We're not comparing displacement.

A GM 4.3L V6 does'nt put out as much HP and TQ as a 4.3LV8 toyota engine(GS430).Or a C43 or 540i for that matter(All in the 4.0L v8 class) . There are 2 extra cylinders included so that makes a big difference. It's common sense.You want to compare a 944 Turbo(2.5) to a 2.5L Japanese Supra F/I and you'll still have more hp potential in the 1jz.Even though I would never waste my time using that motor vs a 2jz.

You don't have to go Brabus or Renntech to tubocharge a c230 K trust me.There is not a single part from those companies on or in my buddies Turbocharged C36.

Like you mentioned to me your expertise is the Supra.I don't knock that and my expertise includes BMW's,MB's and DSM's.You admitted you don't know or were new to MB's in your e-mail.So my arguement is based on the fact that you are making a bunch of assumptions on what it would cost to make some serious HP mods to the 4 cyl compressor motor. I can tell you that it would cost about 10-15k+ to turbocharge a 3.2L(stck internal) 450 -520 rwhp E36 BMW M3 and I'm telling you that's more than what it would cost me to mod a C230k MB car.If you want I can list the price of what it would take to double the rwhp.

Finally,I'd put a Modded turbocharged C230k coupe with suspension on a roadcourse against any modded 86-92 F/I Supra anyday.

You guys sound like the folks who told me that it would cost "Trumps" money to drop a E55 motor in my C43.They said it could'nt be done. Motor cost 5k and it was 1500.00 to drop it in.C43 motor will be sold for anywhere from 2500.00 to 3500.00 which would have made my total mod cost come out to 3-4k.Jeez people! That's expensive?Bottomline is you have to know where and how to spend the $$$$$.

P..S I also know a lil something about modding the 7mgte motors,which are notorious for blowing head gaskets under boost by piston #6 .86-92 nothing new.
Best motor by far over 1jz and 7m is the infamous 2jz F/I!I will freely admit that and there are tons of them here on the east coast that I know.

coolcarlskic43
07-08-2005, 03:31 AM
:rolleyes:

Under Pressure
07-08-2005, 03:55 AM
Japan v. Germany!!!!!!!!!!

Ashkan's C280
07-09-2005, 05:48 PM
On the contrary I am almost 100% that the subframe is still the same ...between 4 cylinder, 6 cylinder and 8 cylinder.

After all the 3 engines doesn't differ that much in term of weight..

in term of weight. I think . 2.3L/2.3LK < 2.8L V-6 < 4.3L V-8 < 3.6L I-6/5.4L V-8

Regardz,

Where does the 2.8 I6 lie?

jnolte
07-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
Where does the 2.8 I6 lie?

same weight as the 3.6, it is the same base motor

VIP_MBZ
07-11-2005, 05:54 AM
Just something I read on MBWorld a while ago, from JasonH on MBWorld (C220):

Performance:

- Quarter Mile = 14.3 @ 97mph (Portland International Raceway 10/25/02)

Engine Modifications:

- HKS GT2535 Ball Bearing Turbo
- HKS SSQV Super Sequential Blow Off Valve with Recirculation Fitting
- HKS Racing Wastegate (External)
- HKS Front Mount Intercooler
- Custom Stainless Steel Manifold by KIWI FAB & DESIGN
- 2 3/4 Stainless Down-pipe
- Random Technologies Stainless High Flow Cat
- Custom 2.5 inch Exhaust by Schnell Automotive
- REMUS Performance High Flow Exhaust
- K&N Mega-Flow Cone
- Custom Stainless Airbox
- APEXi AVC-D Boost Controller
- DEI Turbo Cover & Down-pipe Wrap
- Perfect Power SMT5I Piggyback ECU System (Programmable via laptop)
- 5th Fuel Injector Running on Separate Fuel-Map.

That's on a C220, I realize the 2.3L is a better platform; it's just a point of reference.

I understand the 2JZ is readily available, but it's not at the same value. a 1JZ front clip is $2000 and includes a transmission. They are extremely common at the local importers here in CA; I can't speak for the east coast market.

All that aside, if you can make a fast W202 that doesn't sacrifice value, luxury, and reliability, then hats off. I'm only $10k into my '90 Supra including the cost of the car, the 1JZ swap, forged pistons, and the GReddy T78 kit. It is presently untuned because I'm still waiting for my HKS F-Con V that I ordered, but it will still beat the crap out of a Ferrari. And when it's down for mods, or I don't feel like burning gas, attracting cops, or hearing a loud exhaust, I park it and get into my stock C230.

I'm not trying to say you can't make power on a C230, I'm just saying that after spending $10k or so on a $15-20k C230k, can you look back at the performance and overall package of the car and say yes, this 5-6 year old Benz is a $25-30k car?

-Ray

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Just something I read on MBWorld a while ago, from JasonH on MBWorld (C220):

That's on a C220, I realize the 2.3L is a better platform; it's just a point of reference.

I understand the 2JZ is readily available, but it's not at the same value. a 1JZ front clip is $2000 and includes a transmission. They are extremely common at the local importers here in CA; I can't speak for the east coast market.

All that aside, if you can make a fast W202 that doesn't sacrifice value, luxury, and reliability, then hats off. I'm only $10k into my '90 Supra including the cost of the car, the 1JZ swap, forged pistons, and the GReddy T78 kit. It is presently untuned because I'm still waiting for my HKS F-Con V that I ordered, but it will still beat the crap out of a Ferrari. And when it's down for mods, or I don't feel like burning gas, attracting cops, or hearing a loud exhaust, I park it and get into my stock C230.

I'm not trying to say you can't make power on a C230, I'm just saying that after spending $10k or so on a $15-20k C230k, can you look back at the performance and overall package of the car and say yes, this 5-6 year old Benz is a $25-30k car?

-Ray How much do you think your 15 yr old 90 supra with a 1jz will be worth?

Well can you tell me how many lbs of boost was he running? Stck internals,Yes or No? Oh and I guess It's nice to turbo charge a luxury car like a IS300?

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by coolcarlskic43

A GT2535 is a garbage little turbo by the way.What size injectors is he using?

The fuel system controllers he's using are garbage.He needs to get a real standalone.

There's still a whole lot of info missing there.

Beama86
07-11-2005, 03:54 PM
I doubt it but that would be sick

VIP_MBZ
07-11-2005, 03:58 PM
How much do you think your 90 supra with a 1jz will be worth?

Well can you tell me how many lbs of boost was he running? Stck internals,Yes or No?

I don't know the guy. Just something I saw.

Oh and I guess It's nice to turbo charge a luxury car like a IS300?

Not really. If it were a simple swap, doable with an imported front clip, it might be ok, but because of drive by wire, it's not straight forward, unless you want to use the hard to find 1JZ-GTE VVT-i single turbo, or a 2JZ-GTE VVT-i out of a 99-00 JDM Supra or Aristo. Either way it's a lot of work and money on a car whose geometry is too screwed up (narrow rear end, unbalanced weight distribution, etc) to ever be competitive on the track with a 3rd or 4th gen Supra. In other words why have an illegal IS300 with a Supra motor when you can just have a legal daily driveable IS300 and a 3rd gen Supra. If you really really love the IS body style then you have to just bite the bullet, but understand that just like in the Mercedes scenario, you're spending inefficiently, and while the swap is taking place, or if it ever has to go down for tuning or any other reason, you have no other car to drive.

As for my Supra, I don't understand your question. Once again I have $10k into it including the car itself, and it's making in the upper half of 400 rwhp untuned. Yes the car is 15 years old, but it's still clean, reliable, and can outperform cars that cost over 10 times as much. You can't say that after $25k into a C230k, you can lay the same claim, because that price covers both my C230k and my Supra.

If you're getting mad and asking about details about that C220 on MBWorld, then you're clearly missing my point which is this: trying to turn a C230k into a high performance car can be done, but it is not a good value. By high performance, I'm not talking intake exhaust and pulley kits. I'm talking about big turbo kits, motor buildups, and standalone fuel management. At that point you will sacrifice the reason most people bought a C-class (luxury value), and at the end spend more than you would have had to if you started with a high performance platform. More power to anyone trying to go this route, but it is just simply not the most efficient use of money or a Mercedes. That's a fact, I don't see how you can possibly argue that.

Believe me, I understand the "pay to play" mentality, and am not always looking for the cheapest route. That's why I buy McIntosh amps; I want my stereo exactly how I want it. But it doesn't mean I'm going to sit here and try to convince other members that it's a good value.

-Ray

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 04:10 PM
I don't know the guy. Just something I saw.

Not really. If it were a simple swap, doable with an imported front clip, it might be ok, but because of drive by wire, it's not straight forward, unless you want to use the hard to find 1JZ-GTE VVT-i single turbo, or a 2JZ-GTE VVT-i out of a 99-00 JDM Supra or Aristo. Either way it's a lot of work and money on a car whose geometry is too screwed up (narrow rear end, unbalanced weight distribution, etc) to ever be competitive on the track with a 3rd or 4th gen Supra. In other words why have an illegal IS300 with a Supra motor when you can just have a legal daily driveable IS300 and a 3rd gen Supra. If you really really love the IS body style then you have to just bite the bullet, but understand that just like in the Mercedes scenario, you're spending inefficiently, and while the swap is taking place, or if it ever has to go down for tuning or any other reason, you have no other car to drive.

If you're getting mad and asking about details about that C220 on MBWorld, then you're clearly missing my point which is this: trying to turn a C230k into a high performance car can be done, but it is not a good value. By high performance, I'm talking about big turbo kits, motor buildups, and standalone fuel management. You will sacrifice the reason most people bought a C-class (luxury value), and at the end spend more than you would have had to if you started with a high performance platform. More power to anyone trying to go this route, but it is just simply not the most efficient use of money or a Mercedes. That's a fact, I don't see how you can possibly argue that.

-Ray Mad about what! I'm asking for the details.

Value based on what you're saying is subjective .To each his own. I bought my C43 because of performance and value was a secondary issue...
I wonder why GLOW has two of the fastest turbocharged Solara's ever built!Hmmm, Luxury cars interesting. Funny thing is I also know a couple of turbocharged GS 300's as well.What are these guys thinking? Here's a dumb question!Ever heard of toyomoto?

VIP_MBZ
07-11-2005, 04:24 PM
Hmmm, Luxury cars interesting. Funny thing is I also know a couple of turbocharged GS 300's as well.What are these guys thinking? Here's a dumb question!Ever heard of toyomoto?

I'll tell you what they're thinking. They really love the chassis and they want it to go fast, and they don't care how much it costs.

I don't know how many times I have to say that if this is your feeling, then go for it. I've probably said that in every single one of my posts on this thread.

I'm just mentioning an alternative route to high performance if anyone is interested in achieving it with less money.

Yes I've heard of Toyomoto, but have not dealt with them personally. I have worked with Toysport on the west coast, and rather than turboing these cars we prefer to do the complete VVT-i 2JZ-GTE engine swap in the GS300 and full Supra 1JZ or 2JZ swap into the SC300. You get more power and less headaches. It's a better value. Sound familiar? For most people, money is an issue.

You can claim that you're not mad till you're blue in the face, but you're the one getting defensive when I'm just sharing information. If nobody is interested then I'll just keep it to myself from now on.

-Ray

Under Pressure
07-11-2005, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by coolcarlskic43 A GT2535 is a garbage little turbo by the way.

Just so jstrat85 does not get offended when he reads this, since this turbo kit is now on his car, I will say this - that HKS GT2535 is the perfect size turbo to get a good spool on the small 2.2L motor of the C220. Plus its a ball-bearing turbo, so spool up is almost instant. It would not make much sense to put a T-88 into a C220. Plus I think the GT2535 is a modified Garrett AiResearch T-25, which is found (although in pairs instead of single) in the Lotus V8 Twin Turbo, the Lotus Carlton "Omega," and the Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. Its not a bad turbo at all!

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I'll tell you what they're thinking. They really love the chassis and they want it to go fast, and they don't care how much it costs.

I don't know how many times I have to say that if this is your feeling, then go for it. I've probably said that in every single one of my posts on this thread.

I'm just mentioning an alternative route to high performance if anyone is interested in achieving it with less money.

Yes I've heard of Toyomoto, but have not dealt with them personally. I have worked with Toysport on the west coast, and rather than turboing these cars we prefer to do the complete VVT-i 2JZ-GTE engine swap in the GS300 and full Supra 1JZ or 2JZ swap into the SC300. You get more power and less headaches. It's a better value. Sound familiar? For most people, money is an issue.

You can claim that you're not mad till you're blue in the face, but you're the one getting defensive when I'm just sharing information. If nobody is interested then I'll just keep it to myself from now on.

-Ray The Non vvt motor makes more power from what many many say.The 1jz is definitely not popular over here.
Neither are the 86-92 supras,been there done that!.

Yes Toyomoto does the same exact 2jz-gte swaps in the sc300 and gs300.It's also a better value to you!

You can chk out their web site.Lance is the man!
Why do you think it would cost hundreds and thousands of dollars to mod a c230k coupe! I mean go figure.

I don't see what would be taken away from the C230k coupe if it was modded with a nice turbocharger and front mount.It sure does 'nt take away from E36 or E46 BMW M3's.Many are turbocharged like the old EVO 190E 2.3L-16v car was as well as the diesels putting out well over 400rwhp.Using Holset turbos.

Bottom line dude.When it's all said and done you're entitled to your opinions.no big deal.Only when I think someone is coming from a non experiential point of view when it comes to a specific auto do I push like this. But i'm certainly not angry.;)

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Just so jstrat85 does not get offended when he reads this, since this turbo kit is now on his car, I will say this - that HKS GT2535 is the perfect size turbo to get a good spool on the small 2.2L motor of the C220. Plus its a ball-bearing turbo, so spool up is almost instant. It would not make much sense to put a T-88 into a C220. Plus I think the GT2535 is a modified Garrett AiResearch T-25, which is found (although in pairs instead of single) in the Lotus V8 Twin Turbo, the Lotus Carlton "Omega," and the Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo. Its not a bad turbo at all! Yea ,quick spool up and no topend power.That's the ticket!:rolleyes:

I have a Garrett T3/T4 60 trim on my 2.0L 4g63.The GT2535 is the last Turbo I 'd ever put on my modded 2.0L 4cyl.Now a Holset turbo HX40/35 hybrid going on my 2.oL.Even bigger.Very little Lag.My talon thrashes all the above cars you mentioned with that GT turbo installed.If it's nit a GT35r I don't wanna see it.honda guys are using bigger turbos than that.

No offense to Jstrat but I'd use a bigger turbo and make sure I have all the supporting mods for it.::rolleyes:

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 07:39 PM

-Ray Jeez talk about getting defensive!:rolleyes:

Under Pressure
07-11-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm sure jstrat85 doesnt drive 150mph very often, so maybe quick spool up would be a better trade off. But what do I know, I'm in idiot. I wouldnt trade off that $2,400 turbo if I were him.

GT2535 Turbocharger
Ball Bearing.
Watercooled.
Turbine Housing: 0.64a/r.
Compressor Housing: 0.70a/r.
Internally Wastegated.
Rated: 380hp.
Flange: T25/T28

coolcarlskic43
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I'm sure jstrat85 doesnt drive 150mph very often, so maybe quick spool up would be a better trade off. But what do I know, I'm in idiot. I wouldnt trade off that $2,400 turbo if I were him.

GT2535 Turbocharger
Ball Bearing.
Watercooled.
Turbine Housing: 0.64a/r.
Compressor Housing: 0.70a/r.
Internally Wastegated.
Rated: 380hp.
Flange: T25/T28 My car 413awhp 500crank hp.

Under Pressure
07-11-2005, 10:08 PM
My car 413awhp 500crank hp.

:confused: I respectfully seem to have missed your point (i.e., why are you telling me your car's output)? I was just pointing out to the capabilities of the GT2535. The turbo can generate 380hp at full boost (and add to that what the C220 can make on motor). Admit it, its not a bad turbo ;)

VIP_MBZ
07-12-2005, 01:14 AM
The Non vvt motor makes more power from what many many say.
Yes Toyomoto does the same exact 2jz-gte swaps in the sc300 and gs300.It's also a better value to you!

I'm sorry I didn't clarify. I assumed late model 98-00 SC300 and 98-05 GS300, which are both drive by wire. The VVT-i is the direct swap for these years. The non-VVTi 2JZ is the direct replacement on first gen GS300 and early SC300 (92-97) and is said to be more mod friendly.

Why do you think it would cost hundreds and thousands of dollars to mod a c230k coupe! I mean go figure.

Just going by what other members have spent. Show me a 400 rwhp C230 that has less than $10k in mods.

I don't see what would be taken away from the C230k coupe if it was modded with a nice turbocharger and front mount.

I don't consider it luxury anymore when it has an open exhaust, something required to make big power out of a forced induction car. Also gutting the interior to lose weight (something that was mentioned earlier in this thread). This is my opinion of course, and I understand that some may be ok with it.

Only when I think someone is coming from a non experiential point of view when it comes to a specific auto do I push like this.

Think what you like, I've already made big power on a budget, and have helped many friends do the same. Just trying to share.

-Ray

coolcarlskic43
07-12-2005, 02:50 AM
:confused: I respectfully seem to have missed your point (i.e., why are you telling me your car's output)? I was just pointing out to the capabilities of the GT2535. The turbo can generate 380hp at full boost (and add to that what the C220 can make on motor). Admit it, its not a bad turbo ;) You are quoting 380hp at full boost on that tiny lil garrett on a 2.3 or 1.8L motor and I'm telling you I'm getting 413whp on a T3T4 Garrett turbo not at full boost on a 2.0L motor. 380 crank HP vs 413whp on two different turbos on motors using the same displacement is a BIG difference.That's my point.

coolcarlskic43
07-12-2005, 03:22 AM
and

Just going by what other members have spent. Show me a 400 rwhp C230 that has less than $10k in mods.

I don't consider it luxury anymore when it has an open exhaust, something required to make big power out of a forced induction car. Also gutting the interior to lose weight (something that was mentioned earlier in this thread). This is my opinion of course, and I understand that some may be ok with it.

Think what you like, I've already made big power on a budget, and have helped many friends do the same. Just trying to share.

-Ray Sure , members who have spent $$ having someone do the install for them. First off the turbo,intercooler pipes and intercooler are not gonna run you anywhere near 10k.Finally building an exh mani+downpipe and then purchasing a standalone or reprogramming the stck ME software in the MB ECU is not gonna run you anywhere near 10k.

Yes when the C230k coupe Turbo is finally finished after final reprogramming I will show you that it didnt cost 10k to mod it to get 400rwhp.

If you know about modding the C230k coupe by experience then I have nothing to say ,but being that YOU personally have never turbocharged any MB in your life I'd assume,I continue with saying that you don't know what your talking about and the Toyota's are your department.Not to mention that I've owned them myself.

Amazing how I can turbocharge a E36 M3 with a kit for 6800.00 and get 500+ whp and you seem to think it's gonna cost more to get the MB at 400rwhp.Go figure!

Just for your info it did'nt even cost me more than 5500.00 to give my Eagle Talon 413whp and everything was done custom.

So I guess because I have a cat back on my C43 with a 5.5l motor and a full exhaust on my BMW M3 and M332i they are'nt considered luxury cars any more in your opinion? Give me a break! And when did I ever mention gutting the interior.Gutted,exhaust or not an MB is an MB and WORLD WIDE it would be considered a modded LUXURY Car in this case.!

Final note, it was nice to modd the 7mgte motor but in the end they just keep blowing up.One after another!

How many people can afford to mod and drop a 2jz into a 86-90 Supra. Tranny,diff,driveshaft wiring harness etc etc.This is how I would do it if I'm gonna do it properly.

It is known that dropping that motor(2jz-Gte) in a BMW M3 which is widely known comes out to more than 10k with someone who knows what they are doing to install it.

Believe me it gets quite expensive to mod that 15-19 yr old car with that motor and supporting components. I also state again I would never ever ever consider using that 2.5L 1jz motor.

Are you also telling me that there is more value and it's cheaper converting a 15-19yr old Supra like this vs modding a 2k-2005 C230kcoupe? I don't think so but to each his own.

Under Pressure
07-12-2005, 07:03 AM
With such attitude I would have thought you drive a 2005 C55 instead of a 1998. jstrat85's C220 has a tranny and engine that cant even handle 380hp full boost + motor hp (~520hp combined) so why should he upgrade turbo when the one he has now make plenty of power. Whats the point if he continues to run 6psi? His turbo is fine for his application, I have made my point, and will not argue like we are in www.mbworld.org

VIP_MBZ
07-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Yes when the C230k coupe Turbo is finally finished after final reprogramming I will show you that it didnt cost 10k to mod it to get 400rwhp.

Ok, and at that time I will stand corrected.

So I guess because I have a cat back on my C43 with a 5.5l motor and a full exhaust on my BMW M3 and M332i they are'nt considered luxury cars any more in your opinion?

How much did the 55 conversion run you again? I'm not the only who feels this way, there's another thread asking why spend so much with so little return.

And when did I ever mention gutting the interior.

This may come as a shock to you, but I never intended to address you alone. Someone else mentioned it.

Final note, it was nice to modd the 7mgte motor but in the end they just keep blowing up.One after another!

That's because the 7M-GTE is a heap. I don't recall ever supporting this motor. It costs less to do a 2.5L swap than to build up the 7M, and at the end of the day the 1JZ will make more power and not break.

How many people can afford to mod and drop a 2jz into a 86-90 Supra. Tranny,diff,driveshaft wiring harness etc etc.This is how I would do it if I'm gonna do it properly.

Apples to apples, you're talking about doing a C230k on your own, so I'm not paying myself for labor on the Toyota either. Complete 2JZ assembly is only $4500 including turbos, accessories, harness, and ECU. Harness requires mild modification but doesn't really cost anything. We stay with the R154 5-speed in the 3rd gen because it can handle the power and comes with the car already. So no need for new tranny and driveshaft. Our last 2JZ into a mk3 customer was charged $11k including our labor, HKS cams, HKS cam gears, HKS fmic, HKS f-con v, and his desire to chrome everything. The only supporting mods are the JZA80 fuel pump ($200), bellhousing ($300), and
a decent clutch ($500). Everything else came with the $4500.

Believe me it gets quite expensive to mod that 15-19 yr old car with that motor and supporting components. I also state again I would never ever ever consider using that 2.5L 1jz motor.

That's funny, the 1JZ is just a short stroke version of the 2JZ (71.5mm stroke instead of 86mm), and is otherwise almost identical. Not as torquey as big brother, but can still hold 600 rwhp on stock internals, and can rev past 7k right out of the box. Couple that with the fact that you can get a 1JZ longblock for under $1k or a full 2.5L Supra front clip for under $2k, making it an awesome deal. The only reason mine has forged pistons is because I got a good deal from Arias, and now it will hold more power than I'm interested in producing.

The greatest thing is that if you already own a 1JZ and you want to go 3.0L, you can just buy a brand new 2JZ shortblock from the dealer ($2200) and transfer your accessories over and then bam, you have a 2JZ-GTE with true twins and a better flowing head..

Gutted,exhaust or not an MB is an MB and WORLD WIDE it would be considered a modded LUXURY Car in this case.!

Recognition is fine and all that, I'm not telling anyone what to do. Just providing a reminder that most of us probably bought the car for the comfort of its full interior and civil exhaust note. If not, then go for it. If you insist on sticking with this chassis, then go for it. But there are other less expensive platforms out there which cast those things to the wind already so you don't have to. How does providing that food for thought warrant the barrage I'm getting? To not bring up an alternative idea would defeat the purpose of this forum.

-Ray

coolcarlskic43
07-12-2005, 09:46 AM
With such attitude I would have thought you drive a 2005 C55 instead of a 1998. jstrat85's C220 has a tranny and engine that cant even handle 380hp full boost + motor hp (~520hp combined) so why should he upgrade turbo when the one he has now make plenty of power. Whats the point if he continues to run 6psi? His turbo is fine for his application, I have made my point, and will not argue like we are in www.mbworld.org he 's not making 380hp running only 6lbs of boost.Trust me!

coolcarlskic43
07-12-2005, 10:07 AM

How much did the 55 conversion run you again? I'm not the only who feels this way, there's another thread asking why spend so much with so little return.

-Ray The motor cost me 5k and labor to install was 1500.00. 6500.00 total. Does that mean I spent too much money?Wow when I sell the 4.3L AMG motor,let's say 3-3500.00 ,the whole job would have cost me say 3k soup to nuts!Like I sad it's all on knowing how to spend the $$ and on what!!!

And I'm just curious to find out what you mean by so little in return?It's obvious that the guy who made the comment did'nt have a clue.The 4.3L vs the 5.5L app is NO comparrison.To supercharge the 4.3L whether I went with HPS,Kleeman,or Renntech would have easily have run me 6500.00 to 15k+ dollars.Where's the savings and the value junk you've been stressing?

Amazing how I went from a car that runs 14.3 to 14.7 secs in the 1/4 mile to one that can now run Low 13's to high 12's.

Man! So litttle in return.:rolleyes:

J Irwan
07-12-2005, 10:21 AM
Guys...

lets keep any personal attack under the blankets..

lets just get along...
We are here to shared information and at time opinions may conflict one another, but don't let it get to you and ruin the mood and focus....

The original intend of this thread is to explore whether it is cost feasible and wise to do conversion of 99 C230K (W202) to C55 (5.4L V-8) engines..

lets not get distracted and back to the topic..

IMO
There are many things and consideration that would be considered best mod, best bang for the buck. And all of that is relative on how much you'd be willing to spent.. (anyway I am not going to continue...blabing on this topic as well).

Let's keep this thread clean..!!!

Regardz.

coolcarlskic43
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Guys...

lets keep any personal attack under the blankets..

lets just get along...
We are here to shared information and at time opinions may conflict one another, but don't let it get to you and ruin the mood and focus....

The original intend of this thread is to explore whether it is cost feasible and wise to do conversion of 99 C230K (W202) to C55 (5.4L V-8) engines..

lets not get distracted and back to the topic..

IMO
There are many things and consideration that would be considered best mod, best bang for the buck. And all of that is relative on how much you'd be willing to spent.. (anyway I am not going to continue...blabing on this topic as well).

Let's keep this thread clean..!!!

Regardz. OK you got it!

One more thing I'd like to add though!:D

Here is the post from the thread:

Originally posted by albanianbenz
I was just wondering why people are swapping in the e55 motor into their c43? Obviously for performance but you can exceed those numbers w/ either a custom turbo or one of the superchargers made for c43. And cost would most likely be a lot less.
Maybe I am missing something or dont have the right numbers, please inform me if I am mistaken. What custom Turbo kit do they have for the C43? The only S/C kit that would make a lil more power than the 5.5L swap would be to spend 12-15k on a Klee kit or Renn kit.Looks like twice to 5 times what I spent!

This is what gets frustrating ,when folks make comments from the top of their heads without doing proper research and then posting it! But hold on ,at the end of his comments I 'll give him credit where he says to correct him if he's wrng for not having the right #'s.He clearly admits that!

OK J .you're right and I'm done!;)

Pagz
07-15-2005, 10:27 PM
hey slammed....
thought i might just add a few cents....
IMO i think stay with the 230K engine....and swap to turbo or vortech,install a better IC and possibly later on upgrade fuel an ECU....and if your as keen as i think you are go for some mild cams and a light working on the head flow...

man i got a price for a C230 crank pully of my parts suppliers...700NZD....lol think ill go to the reckers for that part,or get a custom alloy one made if its possible.
laters...

Paul

SLAMMED_C
07-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by 23K
hey slammed....
thought i might just add a few cents....
IMO i think stay with the 230K engine....and swap to turbo or vortech,install a better IC and possibly later on upgrade fuel an ECU....and if your as keen as i think you are go for some mild cams and a light working on the head flow...
man i got a price for a C230 crank pully of my parts suppliers...700NZD....lol think ill go to the reckers for that part,or get a custom alloy one made if its possible.
laters...
Paul
Yeh for sure.. it only makes so much sense for me to stick with the M111 block and tune it.
Im for sure going to have to look into another SC or look at turbo's, I think I wanna stick with a SC.. but of course will still consider a turbo..
just a matter of how much things will cost!!!