PDA

View Full Version : finally scanned my dyno after 5.4L swap and chip tune

98c43amg
06-28-2005, 08:28 PM
OK, finally fixed the computer so it saw the scanner. I'm a firm believer in the real @ the wheels numbers ... none of this interpreted crap faking some overly generous @ the crank figure. So here's the @ the wheel graphs. Where the graphs cross is 5252 rpm.
http://images10.fotki.com/v194/photos/2/296054/2283186/c55_dyno-vi.gif

Please ignore the peak HP and torque figures. The shifting, torque converter, (and ignition timing pullback/alteration?) before and during the shift makes that erroneous.
- Peak torque is about 325 ft-lb.
- Peak HP is just under 300hp.
(both @ the wheel... I live near sea level, pressure 29.9in.Hg, vapore pressure 0.55 in.Hg, Intake Air Temp 88.1 degrees, Correction Factor 1.03 STD ... so there wasn't too much correction applied to equate the values to the "standard day".)
- A/F was pretty flat @ 12.5. That magnitude of the peak on the 2 - 3 shift is an aberation due to the bung in the exhast pipe having about a 1/2 second delay to changes. There's a blip, but not that bad.

Very disappointed with how low torque goes at redline. ...Carl, I bet you now agree about me giving up some of my low end torque to gain some high end torque by doing the exhast and headers... ;)

I'm not too thrilled with where it was run.
- The guy doing it didn't want to spend some time getting me some runs from the mid 3K rpm and up in fourth .... needed finesse.
- You'll note no torque for 1st is even shown because the tires were slipping.
- The composite graphs (not scanned and posted) I have are from only 4.6K and up ... I hate that!
- Those graphs (again, not scanned and posted) have power scale from 0 to 350 on the left, and scale for torque of 0 to 400 on the right, so the graphs don't cross @ 5252 like they're supposed to. (in this dyno graph above, it does)