PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable rear camber arms

c280nz
06-30-2005, 12:46 AM
hey,
as the topic says, im in the process of making some custom camber arms and have just bought the end ball joints and hope to get the centre arm and end spacers made up this weekend.
i have chosen to make these myself and with the help of a engeneer friend to help keep the costs down (as i couldnt afford to purchase off speedybenz at present :-(
all up these should cost me around the 250-300nz$ /around 200us$
here is a picture of the end ball joints and will post up pictures and parts as they get made over this weekend, and if anyone is wanting any help on sizes etc il measure as i go - to sort of make a how-to post for ya.
will keep you informed :-)
logan
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=55187&stc=1

got_wake
06-30-2005, 02:14 AM
hey you serious bout that turbo set up?
what springs/shocks u using?
as you know i have no car at the mo but wanna do the next one right from the start cuz the amount of money i spent on rubber in 1 year was just stupid! and it not gonna be any betta with 19s!! (if i ever a) get a new car b) get 19's!)

estrellajon
06-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by c280nz
(as i couldnt afford to purchase off speedybenz at present :-(
all up these should cost me around the 250-300nz$ /around 200us$

First of all, I dont think speedy benz make their own anyways. I ordered online, a month later no shipment. I payed via paypal using their site and they finally refunded my money. In addition, they sent me an email saying that they are having problems with their supplier. Heres the email I got:

Speedybnz Suspension Tuning (speedybnz@earthlink.net) has refunded your payment.

Note from Seller:
Jon,
I am sorry for the delay with your order,we have a problem with one of our suppliers and have to find another.I will let you know when we get the parts in and you can reorder if you want.I am sorry for the lack of communition.
Regards,
Kim S
red

Pagz
06-30-2005, 07:18 PM
hey, i had no trouble getting mine of them a few months back,but things change i guess.....

Hey logan,for the 300 odd NZD it may have been easier to get Speedys cambers....great finish too.
well let me know how it goes man.....

Regards,
Paul

Denlasoul
06-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by estrellajon
First of all, I dont think speedy benz make their own anyways.
I would have to disagree. To my knowledge, Jeff builds these things by hand and that his suppliers are the ones who send the parts he uses to build the arms.

Also, if you are unaware, Jeff is a pretty busy guy. He does work, has a personal life, and probably spends his free time doing R&D for our 202's.......

estrellajon
07-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
I would have to disagree. To my knowledge, Jeff builds these things by hand and that his suppliers are the ones who send the parts he uses to build the arms.

Also, if you are unaware, Jeff is a pretty busy guy. He does work, has a personal life, and probably spends his free time doing R&D for our 202's.......

Ah sorry. I misunderstood what supplier meant.

speedybenz
07-01-2005, 11:14 AM
I do build the arms myself and the parts I refer to are the Rod End and the Steel sleeves, etc.

I am sorry for the delay in getting some orders out and will be sending the orders I have now, out on Tues of next week.

As I have said in the past I build these Camber arms as part of my hobby and not as a business so sometimes the wait for them can be a little longer then I want.

estrellajon, if you would like to reorder the Camber Arms now, I will ship out the arms on Tuesday of next week.

Again sorry for all the incovinence this long time line has caused.

Jeff

nokia8860
07-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by speedybenz

As I have said in the past I build these Camber arms as part of my hobby and not as a business so sometimes the wait for them can be a little longer then I want.

Try ordering stickers from me and see how long it takes :p

estrellajon
07-01-2005, 11:22 AM
I do build the arms myself and the parts I refer to are the Rod End and the Steel sleeves, etc.

I am sorry for the delay in getting some orders out and will be sending the orders I have now, out on Tues of next week.

estrellajon, if you would like to reorder the Camber Arms now, I will ship out the arms on Tuesday of next week.

Again sorry for all the incovinence this long time line has caused.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I appreciate your offer. Should I go back on your site and order or should I email you directly.

Wow, I didnt know this was made to order and a hobby for you.:cool:

speedybenz
07-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Yes if you go back and reorder I will make sure to get your parts out ASAP which should by middle of next week.

Jeff

c55m8o
07-02-2005, 08:19 PM
Can I put in a good word for that guy I met out here on LI who's good friends with Jeff, the guy who did the swap for me...? :cool:

c280nz
07-03-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by c55m8o
Can I put in a good word for that guy I met out here on LI who's good friends with Jeff, the guy who did the swap for me...? :cool:
wat?
yea ok (that was random)
cheers for the feed back guys.
yea i was tempted to purchase off jeff but when i started this a week or so ago he was out of action.
im also doing all this on business account so saving money, not spending myown :-)
got a mate machining up the end bush things and centre arm at the moment so have pictures up later this week and post up specs for ppls to make their own if they want to :-)
but yea jeff offers a very reasonable price for these / i dont think he will be making anything/ or very little $ :-)
unless you have a mate to help (like me) or like a challange id buy his
(how bout that for a good free plug jeff)

i just enjoy making stuff for myself and have good connections.
:-)

c280nz
07-03-2005, 10:46 PM
oh yea and got wake
i got "low" cobra springs
and lop't 2 coils more off the back and just 1 off the front
which equaled bout 5.5" rear drop and 3.5" front drop :-)

c55m8o
07-04-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by c280nz
wat?
yea ok (that was random)
Sorry for the obtuseness (sic) of the message ... I was referring to the guy I know that had put in an order too for camber-arms and had been waiting a bit. as long as Jeff was encouraging orders, I thought I'd put in a good word :D

(you guys don't know "wait" ... ;) I flew from the east coast to the west coast at the beginning of this year, to take a drive with speedybenz to decide if I wanted to plunge for his complete suspension setup ... I gave him a check shortly on arrival back home to cover the shocks. ...been waiting over 4 months due to those darn suppliers mentioned ... :eek: )

speedybenz
07-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Steve, Your friend Jeff's C36 camber arms are going in the mail today and another set for a 94 E320 is also going out. All the other camber arms will hit the mail in the next day or two.

Thank you all for your patience.

Jeff

c55m8o
07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Steve, Your friend Jeff's C36 camber arms are going in the mail today Thanx for the note and consideration. I know he'll appreciate it.

c280nz
08-04-2005, 08:10 PM
Just got these arms finished.
got a bit sidetracked for a wile hence the delay.
i think they came out good, just gave them a quick coat of black paint so they will be hardly noticable on the car. i dont wish them to stand out for warrent testing.
i will put them in my car in the next few days and coment on how the camber etc adjusted and if i notice any differences etc.
If anyone wishes to make their own for any reason, just pm me and il send ya all the measurments i used to make them to make ur job a bit easier.
Cheers Logan :-)
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57742&stc=1
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57741&stc=1

Pagz
08-05-2005, 08:30 PM
hey nice work...
how much they end up costing??

Paul

c280nz
08-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Cheers :-)
$210nzd was the parts cost + the machining done by my friend = freebie.

I just put them in today. i estimate it has adjusted the camber from -3.5-4 degrees to around -1 degree now, so that will help with tire wear. The front is now more cambered than the rear.
i have to get a wheel alignement done next week,
the toe looks real bad now tho hopefully theres enough adjustment in that to get it straight :-s

Im happy with the outcome tho :-)

edit:
Just got my wheel alignment done, rear are now around -1 to -1.3 degrees, and the toe is straight so it all worked well. i couldnt have gone any less camber as the wheel is very close to the guard.

On a side note, when it was getting done i looked at the arms when it was sitting at normal hight and the camber arms are very very close to the sway bar, so when im driving if i bottom out will the arms hit and bend the sway bar? or do they both travel up and down with a similar curve?
any help there wod be good^
thanks