PDA

View Full Version : anybody has a Rear Shade

crsh2
06-30-2005, 11:53 AM
im interested in converting a rear shade in my car<---w202 ever came with a shade?

i took off my ugly tint and now my rear deck feel NAKED :D

just trying to see if its possible. If so, HOW?

thanks

Denlasoul
06-30-2005, 11:56 AM
Classified ad for a power sunshade in the rear. (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6760)

nokia8860
06-30-2005, 12:08 PM
For the 202 there are two options. Manual and power. I had the manual and installed the power.

For how you can search for some of my post on this site :)

Brabus
06-30-2005, 02:16 PM
nokia copied that mod off of me. Since then I've removed my rear deck. Search for my posts on that!

crsh2
06-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Brabus
nokia copied that mod off of me. Since then I've removed my rear deck. Search for my posts on that!

thank you everyone! i didnt realize most of you had rear shade. thats awesome.

i'll be looking doing this mod.:cool:

nokia8860
06-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Brabus

since when did you have a power rear sun shade :bunny:

Sulaco
07-01-2005, 03:59 AM
Would it be all that hard to install a power shade in a '94 280? Does it wire into the body harness that extends to the convenience control module?

nokia8860
07-01-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Sulaco
Would it be all that hard to install a power shade in a '94 280?

Depends on your skill level but generally no.

Originally posted by Sulaco
Does it wire into the body harness that extends to the convenience control module?

No.

:)

Sulaco
07-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Oh, sweet.

But I would have to buy a whole new rear deck to incorporate the sunshade. I'm just not the cut-out-and-fabricate-with-what-you-have kind of guy.

Then, obviously, there's the whole issue of wiring the switch into the console (get new wooden console-part, run wiring from switch both to fuse box and all the way back to sunshade).

All in all this seems like a nice project I'd like to tackle. Anyone got a quick how-to on getting starting finding all the places I need to drill/wire-in?

Having a 202 without a rear sunshade or collapsing headrests makes it feel alot less bling. sadface.

nokia8860
07-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Here is my original post regarding the power sunshade.

link (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1338&perpage=15&highlight=power%20shade&pagenumber=1)

Here is me trying to remove the rear headrest with the help of some members

Link (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1461&highlight=power+shade)

Its very easy to wire once you get the wire harness (this is from memory as you can note from the post this was done around 2yrs ago)

Remove: Center shifter console, under dash cover, drivers and passenger seat carpet, passenger side side stills, b pillar cover, rear seats, rear headrest, rear shelf and anything else that gets i n the way.

Run the fuse tab portion of the wireharness to your fuse box to the correct section (look at your fuse card I belive it needs to be plugged into either 25 or 26) run the rest of the harness in those plastic wire ducts to the center console, then to the rear deck via the passenger side duct.

Attach the power shade to the rear deck, plug the wire harness to the motor, put back the rear shelf, headrest and everything else you took apart.

Back at the center console plug in your power sun shade switch and thats about it.

Now this is from memory but once you get the parts its pretty much 1-2-3.

:)

Sulaco
07-02-2005, 03:42 AM
Sounds easier than I thought. Sweet! Thanks man!

JRE320
07-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
since when did you have a power rear sun shade :bunny:

Ha!ha!ha! :D :D :p :p :cool:

c280nz
07-04-2005, 02:28 AM
shite, i didnt realise this sort of thing wasnt standard. :-(
my 94 come standard with electric sunshade and the headrests thing...

Sulaco
07-04-2005, 07:38 AM
Options my 94 C280 came with:

Ski sack
Split folding rear seats

That's about it. I think standard means: no leather door inserts, no rear headrests, no rear sunshade, no heated seats, no headlight wash system, no CD changer (but still has the wiring in the trunk for easy aftermarket installation), no tilt steering wheel.

I'm slowly wanting to add as many of those options as possible ;)
Minus the disc changer (I've had one hell of a reliable alpine since 1998)...